Grand Touring Tracker (Archive)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got the word that my car is ready today. I'll be flying to LA Saturday morning to pick it up and drive it home because delivery wouldn't be available until next week and I have an appt for PPF starting Monday.
Ask them to send you an Uber 🤣

I got the word that my car is ready today. I'll be flying to LA Saturday morning to pick it up and drive it home because delivery wouldn't be available until next week and I have an appt for PPF starting Monday.
Congrats! Finally!

AGT reserved 26 Aug 2021; Ordered 4 Dec 2021 - Zenith Red, Santa Cruz Interior, 20" Aero Lite wheels.
Changed to Tahoe interior 18 March 2022 (was told the change would not delay delivery, presumably due to 20" wheels).
After seeing that 20" wheels are delayed until (at least) 4th quarter, yesterday I test drove a Lucid Air with 19" wheels, and decided to change my order to 19". Better range, better all weather performance, not as cool looking. Hoping I'll get it much sooner, now!

Holy Smoley, You have been waiting since Nov 2, 2021. IT IS ABOUT TIME!!!! Congratulations, both on your pending car and your patience!

After seeing that 20" wheels are delayed until (at least) 4th quarter, yesterday I test drove a Lucid Air with 19" wheels, and decided to change my order to 19". Better range, better all weather performance, not as cool looking. Hoping I'll get it much sooner, now!
Aug 2021???? Wow, you have the patience of Job. I have just been waiting for 6 weeks and I am already climbing the walls. Congratuations!

Congrats @Neurio , finally a light at the end of the tunnel. Can’t wait to see some pics. Enjoy the drive.

No light for me and several others whose cars have been stuck “in production” in Casa Grande. Many of us will have waited even longer from confirmation to delivery once this pause loosens up.

My DA told me last week that he was trying to arrange a call for me with Guy Macliver, higher up in Sales. He was supposed to call in the am pst yesterday, didn’t happen. He was supposed to call in the am pst today, didn’t happen. To be blunt, Lucid communication SUCKS!!! (Sorry, I hate that word, but it is meant for emphasis if anyone from Lucid sees it)

Congrats @Neurio , finally a light at the end of the tunnel. Can’t wait to see some pics. Enjoy the drive.

No light for me and several others whose cars have been stuck “in production” in Casa Grande. Many of us will have waited even longer from confirmation to delivery once this pause loosens up.

My DA told me last week that he was trying to arrange a call for me with Guy Macliver, higher up in Sales. He was supposed to call in the am pst yesterday, didn’t happen. He was supposed to call in the am pst today, didn’t happen. To be blunt, Lucid communication SUCKS!!! (Sorry, I hate that word, but it is meant for emphasis if anyone from Lucid sees it)
I have to say, my DA Jess Lacey has been a phenomenal communicator. I’ve called her 3 or 4 times and I always get an immediate text followed by a call, usually within a couple of hours. I’m sure she is getting the same info as everyone else, but I think she has done a great job delivering the info. Shout out to Jess!

Last edited:
Let's just say I get 100X better communication from the body shop fixing my son's Volvo than I do from Lucid. It's pretty slick, text updates every 2-3 days. They don't give much detail other than status. They just texted me saying "delivery still on track for 6/15". That little bit of info tells me all I need to know. That was all I saw and I got a bit excited thinking it was Lucid texting me that. Should have known.

No clue when I will get my car, or if at this point. I can only assume my car is still "in production" at Casa Grande, five+ weeks post-VIN. DA has instructions to call me if any change in status.

Watching InsideEvs podcast this morning. More Evs hitting the market, including DeLorean.

No clue when I will get my car, or if at this point. I can only assume my car is still "in production" at Casa Grande, five+ weeks post-VIN. DA has instructions to call me if any change in status.
So I spoke with my DA yesterday, my Gray car is " estimated" to come in around June 20th. Very annoying. I am happy Neurio got his! I am in the same boat with CLTGT, I got no information from my DA about the car itself. My order was in June 2020, and confirmation in Nov 21, and VIN late April. Lucid is a great engineering company, average software company, TERRIBLE communications company.

My expectations are definitely set with Lucid being their current state, but as many here have noted, I do really wish there was a tighter feedback loop on delivery. I’m not expecting that to be a reality right now, but it does cause some anxiety when trying to align the stars to get a car. Communication definitely helps set expectations and coordination.

I do believe I’ve probably had one of the better DAs from what I’ve heard, but I’m post VIN and pre delivery with little communication along the way. I’m also the type of person who has contingency plans and likes ensuring things go well so…

I’m not advocating for competition being better, but this isn’t a good place for this process to be in indefinitely.

Last edited:
That must be where my DA got his June 20 date he put in my email. He knows my trip begins the 15th (actually in the email he was responding to). I will be out of the country by then, so delivery will have to be July.

I might delay further or just live with my M5 though if they still haven't released another OTA software update. At some point, when their response is always "we can fix that OTA" and there have been no updates, one has to wonder just how long it might take to get this software to where it needs to be to compete. Lucid will get left behind and lose any goodwill they might have received as a "new Company".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back