• NOTICE (May 14 - 11:00 PM - 1:00 AM ET)

LucidOwners.com server will be down for maintenance during this scheduled time.
    Please note there will be a period of time when the forum is unaccessible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Grand Touring Tracker (Archive)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it me or have both deliveries and VIN assignments really slowed down in the first 10 days of May? Maybe it's just the "Keeper of the List" being on vacation, but it sure looks there is less activity posted here.

Maybe has to do with the shutdown?
I just got a call today that mine should be ready for pickup between the 12th and this weekend.

My VIN was assigned 2 days after someone that picked-up last Wednesday but my car didn't make it on the same trip to Boston as a big batch last week.

But yes, it seems quieter. Seems to run in cycles for sure.

Is it me or have both deliveries and VIN assignments really slowed down in the first 10 days of May? Maybe it's just the "Keeper of the List" being on vacation, but it sure looks there is less activity posted here.
Agree. When some early March confirmations started getting a VIN, I got excited because I hoped my late March confirmation would be getting a VIN soon. Maybe they issue VINs in a block?

Someone mentioned that Lucid was taking a week off of doing deliveries before no? I think it was @Dortreo

I'm in love.

Attachments

• GT.jpg
    GT.jpg
    5.1 MB · Views: 133
Someone mentioned that Lucid was taking a week off of doing deliveries before no? I think it was @Dortreo
Yup, but I think that week was supposed to be this one. However, it may only be specific to Boston.

The factory shut down for a week in April through May 4.

Would it have been reasonable for my DA to have told my that when he called me with my VIN on April 28? It‘s kind of a punch in the gut, “ Here is your VIN, but by the way, we have stopped production”. I guess they had to wait for the earnings call to make it “public”, but no communication after the call kinda sucks. He even sent me an email a couple days ago, after the earnings call, on a different subject and had the opportunity to clarify what that means for my car‘s particular and unique journey. He said no extra mats available, no touch up paint and no spare badges for PPF.

First we had the gray delay and then when they just start assigning VIN’s for gray cars, they shut down the factory.

Would it have been reasonable for my DA to have told my that when he called me with my VIN on April 28? It‘s kind of a punch in the gut, “ Here is your VIN, but by the way, we have stopped production”. I guess they had to wait for the earnings call to make it “public”, but no communication after the call kinda sucks. He even sent me an email a couple days ago, after the earnings call, on a different subject and had the opportunity to clarify what that means for my car‘s particular and unique journey. He said no extra mats available, no touch up paint and no spare badges for PPF.

First we had the gray delay and then when they just start assigning VIN’s for gray cars, they shut down the factory.
I thought my advisor sucks too when I asked some feature questions, he could not respond right away, and have to get back to me. Then I couldn’t reach him for a week. The miracle then happened after VIN got assigned, he said AGT will take about 4-6 weeks to get to me with production, QA, delivery to service center, etc etc. but I got it less than 3 weeks after VIN assignment. The wait was worth it. The service center DA (ex-Tesla employee) also did good job showing me the car than the one on the phone in California.

Last edited:
I don’t think my advisor sucks, I just think they are too busy to be proactive and give the service a $150k car deserves.

I am up against two weeks now, so three is not going to happen, not even close. I think they are going to be every bit of six, maybe longer, given the week shutdown and the logistics between Casa Grande and Charlotte with Riviera Beach in between.

Last edited:
iI don’t think my advisor sucks, I just think they are too busy to be proactive and give the service a $150k car deserves.
The reason I thought he sucks is bc he was new to the job and doesn’t really know specs of AGT, and I expected Lucid should have given him more training for a luxury car service like this. But this is first year production company, so I give them a break. Consider this is their first product, against guys out there with decades under their belt, it’s just impressive.

First we had the gray delay and then when they just start assigning VIN’s for gray cars, they shut down the fact
Totally agree.

Looks like some Lucids are headed to Chicago!
And caught a flat…

258C09AC-C44A-4FF6-AFD5-E78D5CA90AB8.jpeg

Now we're moving...here's hoping we get to see the first pics of the Grey's from @Neurio soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back