Google Assistant Setup

Tagilroy

Use Google devices in house, and thought the ability to interact with AGT would be useful. Logged into Google Assistant on iPhone. Chose Add Device, then Link a Car. But the only options are Volvo and Polestar. What am I missing?

Use Google devices in house, and thought the ability to interact with AGT would be useful. Logged into Google Assistant on iPhone. Chose Add Device, then Link a Car. But the only options are Volvo and Polestar. What am I missing?
Lucid uses Alexa, not Google assistant?

Lucid uses Alexa, not Google assistant?
Well, it was in the Lucid iPhone app that I found the information about Google integration. There it says to setup in Google Home Assistant. Which is were the options are for Volvo and Polestar. See attached screenshot for Lucid app.

Attachments

• IMG_3010.PNG
    IMG_3010.PNG
    225.7 KB · Views: 126
Well, it was in the Lucid iPhone app that I found the information about Google integration. There it says to setup in Google Home Assistant. Which is were the options are for Volvo and Polestar. See attached screenshot for Lucid app.
It's just an app integration, but doesn't have any in car functions.

I get a blank white screen when I've tried to link Google Assistant to my app. So it doesn't work for me

Really does not work well...sad but one day I built a pi head unit and linked it via blue touch works well as a temp fix

I get a blank white screen when I've tried to link Google Assistant to my app. So it doesn't work for me
Same here.

Just out of curiosity are you guys on an apple or Android system on Android there's absolutely no linking required just open the Google Assistant... And just say talk to lucid motors and it responds there's no screens or linking required it's not a hard link...

Just out of curiosity are you guys on an apple or Android system on Android there's absolutely no linking required just open the Google Assistant... And just say talk to lucid motors and it responds there's no screens or linking required it's not a hard link...
You have to link once to give your Lucid permission/login credentials to Google. I just get a white screen when I try this. Android 13 on pixel 7 pro, all up to date.

You have to link once to give your Lucid permission/login credentials to Google. I just get a white screen when I try this. Android 13 on pixel 7 pro, all up to date.
just tried it on iOS google assistant with the same result.

If you haven’t already, please report it to customer care

I did yesterday. Got a half hearted reply from customer care about rebooting cell phone. Will take another swing at it tomorrow, and then update my query. At this point, I have some higher priority items I am trying to figure out. Hopefully most of them are user issues, not software glitches!

Good idea, done.

I will as well

If there's enough people they may put it higher in their backlog
Hard to say what priority it should receive - depends what else that particular team could be working on.

Hard to say what priority it should receive - depends what else that particular team could be working on.
I forget which company it was, but it was a open source platform that had lots of support and they had public links for items on their backlog and sprints so people can keep updated on what they're working on in current sprints and all private items were hidden. But at least gave some visual feedback to stakeholders and investors on what is actively being worked on.

As a dev myself, I would love this. But I know there's no way in hell Lucid or any car company would probably do this or be as transparent as that.

But I feel relieved we have official Lucid reps on the forums and they are reading and paying attention to what's going on. Which already is light-years better than any other automotive company I've seen.

AAA is on def ears sorry to say no one knowes anthing but who knows it is Friday lol.....

AAA is on def ears sorry to say no one knowes anthing but who knows it is Friday lol.....
my goals are not that lofty lol. Although I would love AA, I was asking about the google assistant link thing to use voice commands (when you are not in the car). I can't link my assistant to my lucid account. Keeps stalling

my goals are not that lofty lol. Although I would love AA, I was asking about the google assistant link thing to use voice commands (when you are not in the car). I can't link my assistant to my lucid account. Keeps stalling
My apologies my link is working maybe if you clear the cache on your Google home and reinstall it it might be of some help to you even though quite frankly the Google functions are a big cumbersome

Back