GM laying off workers in Arizona -- Opportunity for Lucid

Steveinarizona

Cars
Genesis GV60 Performance

Not very far from Lucid manufacturing plant. Might be an opportunity to add some talent to the Lucid software pool.

Maybe? I wouldn’t say GM is leading the charge on electrification (get it?) given that they are completely dependent on a vaporware battery. I’d probably try to avoid the legacy auto mentality if I were management at Lucid.

Maybe? I wouldn’t say GM is leading the charge on electrification (get it?) given that they are completely dependent on a vaporware battery. I’d probably try to avoid the legacy auto mentality if I were management at Lucid.
A lot of key people in Lucid are from legacy auto makers. Steven David is the VP of operations at Lucid is one of the best people that I have met from Lucid. He came from Stellantis and cleaned up many of the early manufacturing issues at the Casa Grande factory. I get the general comment about electrification but legacy auto makers have some very good people.

A vapor ware battery? You mean ultium?

Pretty hard to manufacture when all but one ultium car use 1000 kWh battery packs.. lol
That’s why I’m not worried about having to pick up my Hummer EV anytime soon. My guess is my Lucid lease will be over long before I get the call to convert my hundred bucks into an SUV.

Back