Getting Android Auto into the Lucid

When you load autokit, click on the settings icon in autokit, and select auto load.

Post in thread 'Getting Android Auto into the Lucid' https://lucidowners.com/threads/getting-android-auto-into-the-lucid.8258/post-193007
Thanks for answering. I was going to as soon as I got home. Actually, I was going to take a picture, but was having trouble finding that menu again.
@geosynch, it is always starting on it's own now. But... it does have to load the device first, so it's not as fast as the native Lucid screens.

Thanks for answering. I was going to as soon as I got home. Actually, I was going to take a picture, but was having trouble finding that menu again.
@geosynch, it is always starting on it's own now. But... it does have to load the device first, so it's not as fast as the native Lucid screens.
Got it and done. Thanks to you both!

I hadn't realized if you let the settings icon elapse with the splash screen, you can get back to that particular configuration.

With some help from some forum friends, we are able to reliably get Android Auto in the car with a little workaround. Credit to @Bocabob for testing and @LucidDropkick for the guide and flowchart.

To achieve Android Auto in the Lucid you will need to purchase the following:

CarLinkit AI Box

Other AI boxes may work, this tutorial is specifically this product. The box runs through WIRED CarPlay.

Plug the unit into the car, either USB port should work, but this is being written running it through the USB-C. First boot will take a long time (several minutes).

It'll be recognized as a CarPlay device by Lucid. It should auto-open, if not, open from Lucid Home screen. You can enable CarPlay in 2 different places as shown below:

View attachment 19067View attachment 19068
Next you should see the loading screen for the box is shown as such:

View attachment 19069

The screen now shows you some interface options. You don't have to touch anything. It will automatically size the screen to fit the Lucid screen.
This thing is awesome. I ordered a cheap monthly data plan for it via Visible wireless and ordered a 512GB microSD card.

Back