For those considering a 100amp breaker install

There are also some other benefits.
The Chargepoint Flex for instance allows configuring charging inside of it, so any EV we plug in won't charge until we are on non-peak billing hours for electricity. It also keeps track of how much electricity and the cost we have spent on charging electric vehicles.
Another vote for the Chargepoint Flex. It's been 100% reliable for me and as Paladin says, it allows for non-peak billing as the result of its wifi capability.

Does anyone happen to know, with the Charge Point Flex, can't it be kept off and turned on only with an app? Wondering if I install one outside at my office but not really looking for it to be used but the general public without my control.
Just looked at the Chargepoint app and I don't see a way to fully turn off the unit from the app. The first page give you a) Schedule b) Remind me to plug in and c) Settings. Settings doesn't offer an option to fully turn the unit off, unless I'm missing something.

Just looked at the Chargepoint app and I don't see a way to fully turn off the unit from the app. The first page give you a) Schedule b) Remind me to plug in and c) Settings. Settings doesn't offer an option to fully turn the unit off, unless I'm missing something.
I suppose you could just make the schedule such as to preclude someone from using it. You would then need to change the schedule to when you want to use it.

For people on this forum who already have their Lucids delivered, is there an option in the GUI to set the max charging current - e.g. 24amps if I'm on a NEMA 14-30 outlet? I would like to avoid installing something like a Chargepoint or Juicebox if I can program the charging current in the car itself.

For people on this forum who already have their Lucids delivered, is there an option in the GUI to set the max charging current - e.g. 24amps if I'm on a NEMA 14-30 outlet? I would like to avoid installing something like a Chargepoint or Juicebox if I can program the charging current in the car itself.
There is no way in the user interface to change that (currently). Also the only cables that come with the Mobile Charging Cable are NEMA 5-15 and NEMA 14-50. The NEMA 14-30 cable is mentioned in the user's manual, but must be purchased separately.

Attachments

• Lucid_Mobile_Charging_Cable_NA_Owners+Manual.pdf
    542.4 KB · Views: 287
There is no way in the user interface to change that (currently). Also the only cables that come with the Mobile Charging Cable are NEMA 5-15 and NEMA 14-50. The NEMA 14-30 cable is mentioned in the user's manual, but must be purchased separately.

Thanks @Alex for this info (and all the info you have been posting across multiple threads). So, it looks like there may be a future NEMA 14-30 adapter. I also hope that the option for setting the charge current will show up in a future update - I'm having a hard time imagining why this isn't already in there. To me, this is something basic. In any case, these are minor annoyances. If I had all the issues that @hmp10 is seeing, it would have driven me up the wall.

I’m hoping once the Lucid Home Charger is available we will be able to set the start time to take advantage of off peak charging rates.

I’m hoping once the Lucid Home Charger is available we will be able to set the start time to take advantage of off peak charging rates.

Lucid AGT is the first EV that I'll purchase (or even drive). So, this question may be out of ignorance - isn't the option of setting the charging start time/schedule available on every EV out there? Or, am I just clueless?

Lucid AGT is the first EV that I'll purchase (or even drive). So, this question may be out of ignorance - isn't the option of setting the charging start time/schedule available on every EV out there? Or, am I just clueless?
You are not clueless. One would think that every EV has that. Currently Lucid does not. Tesla, for example, has only basic scheduling available (when to start charging) – you can't schedule a full week of off-peak charging (like time ranges and special times for weekends). I think most over EVs have better charging schedules – I think the Nissan Leaf I had almost 10 years ago was better.

A simple user interface where one is presented with each day of the week and a starting ending time for each day, would probably be satisfactory for most people. Tesla does have a special charging option that allows you to specify what time in the "Morning" you want the car to complete its charge.

It should be, but it's not, at least from my PHEV experience.

I previously drove a BMW 530e, which did have the function. I'm currently driving a Volvo XC90 Recharge, which unfortunately doesn't. Thankfully, I have the Chargepoint Flex, so I can schedule my charging through the Chargepoint app to allow my vehicle to only charge during off peak times.

I suppose you could just make the schedule such as to preclude someone from using it. You would then need to change the schedule to when you want to use it.
I was thinking that, but you can bypass the schedule by unplugging the car and plugging in again

I was thinking that, but you can bypass the schedule by unplugging the car and plugging in again
Oh, it's that kind of "schedule" – more of an assistance function.

This is from the app:
SmartSelect_20220104-161424_ChargePoint.jpg

Theoretically, shouldn't you be able to change the charging times so that people couldn't charge (i.e. 12 am to 12:01 am) and then turn off the schedule when you'd want to charge?

Just curious why you would want to limit the charge?

You are not clueless. One would think that every EV has that. Currently Lucid does not. Tesla, for example, has only basic scheduling available (when to start charging) – you can't schedule a full week of off-peak charging (like time ranges and special times for weekends). I think most over EVs have better charging schedules – I think the Nissan Leaf I had almost 10 years ago was better.
yes. Our Leaf has two timer options. You can schedule one for weekdays and one for the weekends. you can also have the car only use the schedule when at home. We just use the ChargePoint scheduling

Theoretically, shouldn't you be able to change the charging times so that people couldn't charge (i.e. 12 am to 12:01 am) and then turn off the schedule when you'd want to charge?
Theoretically yes. On the ChargePoint if you have the schedule set and plug in, it won’t charge until it is scheduled. But… to bypass the schedule and immediately charge, you just unplug and immediately plug in again. that bypasses the schedule and the car will charge immediately.

Theoretically yes. On the ChargePoint if you have the schedule set and plug in, it won’t charge until it is scheduled. But… to bypass the schedule and immediately charge, you just unplug and immediately plug in again. that bypasses the schedule and the car will charge immediately.
Isn't there just a button that says charge now? I remember seeing it in the app.

Just curious why you would want to limit the charge?
If the charger unit try’s to pull the full power it is capable of, it would pop the circuit. since many units can pull 40 amps, it would pop the circuit trying to pull the full 40 amps on a 40 amp circuit. One would need a 50 amp circuit to prevent that from happening.

Isn't there just a button that says charge now? I remember seeing it in the app.
Yes there is. But you don’t need the app. You can accomplish the same thing by a plug, unplug, plug without the app. So if you were trying to prevent others from using your unit by applying the schedule, it can be overridden even without the app.

If the charger unit try’s to pull the full power it is capable of, it would pop the circuit. since many units can pull 40 amps, it would pop the circuit trying to pull the full 40 amps on a 40 amp circuit. One would need a 50 amp circuit to prevent that from happening.
The Lucid home charger won't pull more than the breaker can give. I have a 30 amp breaker and the home charger plugged in didn't trip it, even though it can pull 40 amp.

Back