Floor mats!

I got the white mats and were dirty within a day. I got the all weather black lucid mats and they look and function fine.

I have the Touring with Santa Cruz interior. Even living in Phoenix and using Scotchguard, I couldn't keep the carpet and mats clean. I got the Motor Trend mats others have recommended on this forum. Sure, they're not very attractive, but they cover everything and reduce the stress associated with trying to keep the interior clean. They'll do fine until better options are available.

I used a black permanent marker to darken the red MotorTrend logo. Worked great. I let it dry overnight so I wouldn't risk getting any marker on the carpets from my shoes and it's held for a few weeks now.

I bought the Graphite mats for my SC interior and I’ve been very happy with them.
FB7772C5-33D5-4DC2-A4AB-ADD6FB1561E1.jpeg
49547E68-DCF0-4F8B-A5C9-0C4611472E56.jpeg
262F5D0A-8CD2-44AC-93B6-7E4261EBA90D.jpeg
FA3F3517-05BE-4E0E-A5AC-3475AC363DB4.jpeg

These are the WeatherTech cut to fit all weather mats that I mentioned. I just placed them over the existing Lucid mats for the pictures. I actually do not mind how they look. They will work for the purpose that I have in mind. Once something better hits the market I might step up. Another word of advice. If you purchase them on Amazon you will save some money. PLEASE NOTE THAT I DID NOT CUT THE MATS. THIS IS HOW THEY COME FROM WEATHERTECH. I think the fit is pretty good. I am happy with the purchase.

I apologize for how dirty they look. Another wet and ugly Northwest day. This is from walking out to the car to take the quick pics. Exactly why we need good all weather mats
I have the same ones, they have like these spikes underneath to grab onto the carpet right? I removed the Lucid mats and replaced with these for winter

So I bought the motor trend mats as a bridge to eventual weathertech or 3dmats in the future. I had my interior ceramic coated at the same time my PPF and exterior ceramic coating was done and then I realized that a week later, there is a light yellowing almost like someone took a highlighter and colored my carpets. It's only on the contact points of the rubber mats and the carpet. Very strange. Luckily my detailing place was able to shampoo it out pretty well. They think it was a reaction between the preservatives of the rubber and either the carpet or the ceramic coating. It's just so weird as a lot of other people on this forum are using the same mats with no reported problems.

So I bought the motor trend mats as a bridge to eventual weathertech or 3dmats in the future. I had my interior ceramic coated at the same time my PPF and exterior ceramic coating was done and then I realized that a week later, there is a light yellowing almost like someone took a highlighter and colored my carpets. It's only on the contact points of the rubber mats and the carpet. Very strange. Luckily my detailing place was able to shampoo it out pretty well. They think it was a reaction between the preservatives of the rubber and either the carpet or the ceramic coating. It's just so weird as a lot of other people on this forum are using the same mats with no reported problems.
Need to pull up my MT mats on SC interior to check. Before putting the mats down I applied Scotchgard

Need to pull up my MT mats on SC interior to check. Before putting the mats down I applied Scotchgard
I applied the Scotchgard when I first got the car then had the ceramic coating applied as my detailer gave me a good deal on it with all the other services I was getting done. Now I'm not sure what I'm going to use on the floor going forward.

I applied the Scotchgard when I first got the car then had the ceramic coating applied as my detailer gave me a good deal on it with all the other services I was getting done. Now I'm not sure what I'm going to use on the floor going forward.
Just checked my mats and I can't see any yellowing, now this is in my garage but with very good lighting (I have 28 Barrina LED strips in my garage). I'd have to check next time I take it out of its garage cocoon. I suspect that the ceramic coating interacted with the rubber in someway. Your detailer should be sure to let his other customers know of this issue.

Just checked my mats and I can't see any yellowing, now this is in my garage but with very good lighting (I have 28 Barrina LED strips in my garage). I'd have to check next time I take it out of its garage cocoon. I suspect that the ceramic coating interacted with the rubber in someway. Your detailer should be sure to let his other customers know of this issue.
I just checked mine. Santa Cruz interior, Motor Trend mats, Scotchguard. No yellowing that I could see.

I have the Touring with Santa Cruz interior. Even living in Phoenix and using Scotchguard, I couldn't keep the carpet and mats clean. I got the Motor Trend mats others have recommended on this forum. Sure, they're not very attractive, but they cover everything and reduce the stress associated with trying to keep the interior clean. They'll do fine until better options are available.

I ordered these and they arrived today from Amazon as a placeholder until the OEM Graphite Touring mats come back in stock. What method did you use the get out the stong rubber smell? I'm a still a few weeks away from my Touring delivery but I need to start the process now of removing this rubber smell.

Thanks!

I ordered these and they arrived today from Amazon as a placeholder until the OEM Graphite Touring mats come back in stock. What method did you use the get out the stong rubber smell? I'm a still a few weeks away from my Touring delivery but I need to start the process now of removing this rubber smell.

Thanks!
I didn't notice a rubber smell on mine. That being said, I put them in the car after heavily scotchguarding the carpets, which took a few days for that smell to dissipate, so maybe the rubber smell went away during that time.

Thanks!
Well funny thing is I have anosmia, so I had to ask my wife whether they smelled. She said there was a slight smell. I left them in the garage for a couple of days before I put into the car and no issues since then.

Thanks!
Take them out of the box and lay them flat on the garage floor (not stacked). Smell will eventually dissipate. Obviously, don't place them where you risk driving over the mats.

Looks like there's a custom-made option out there while waiting for 3D Mats and the likes:

Looks the same as what you have under the office chair to protect the carpet.
He/She's right tho! These things are hideous!

Reactions: Bel
Back