Floor mats!

Did they ever get back to you?
They are going to scan my Touring for the mats, but needed to wait until they got the GT mats back to evaluate the fit and what changes needed to be mad. I’ll ping them again tomorrow.

I have had the Lucid winter floor mats for a couple of months. The front mats do not cover the area and as mentioned in an earlier post and do not cover the dead pedal. They also slide around as noted in posts above and I have not jury-rigged velcro fasteners. The mats have the Air logo attached with metal fasteners that appear to have chrome-plated heads that have deposited rust on the carpet. I removed most of the rust that is evident in the two fasteners to the right. I have the Santa Cruz interior. For $275 I expected better mats from Lucid. It will be interesting to learn if the SM agrees that the rusted fasteners are unacceptable and that Lucid will take them back and issue a refund, but I am not holding my breath. No doubt, others will have the same experience. I look forward to the availability of the 3D mats.

Attachments

• IMG_3936.jpeg
    IMG_3936.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 119
I have had the Lucid winter floor mats for a couple of months. The front mats do not cover the area and as mentioned in an earlier post and do not cover the dead pedal. They also slide around as noted in posts above and I have not jury-rigged velcro fasteners. The mats have the Air logo attached with metal fasteners that appear to have chrome-plated heads that have deposited rust on the carpet. I removed most of the rust that is evident in the two fasteners to the right. I have the Santa Cruz interior. For $275 I expected better mats from Lucid. It will be interesting to learn if the SM agrees that the rusted fasteners are unacceptable and that Lucid will take them back and issue a refund, but I am not holding my breath. No doubt, others will have the same experience. I look forward to the availability of the 3D mats.
Wow. That’s a really poor design for something that is intended to get wet. Hopefully Lucid will make it right.

Please report this to customer care too. That seems like a pretty bad oversight.

Please report this to customer care too. That seems like a pretty bad oversight.
Mine don’t slide at all. They seem pretty planted. Not sure if they updated the design a bit for the Touring version. But I did note the metal fasteners. No rust on mine yet. We’ll see.

Mine don’t slide at all. They seem pretty planted. Not sure if they updated the design a bit for the Touring version. But I did note the metal fasteners. No rust on mine yet. We’ll see.
Maybe best to cover them with painters tape vs risking getting rust stains on light carpeting

These are the WeatherTech cut to fit all weather mats that I mentioned. I just placed them over the existing Lucid mats for the pictures. I actually do not mind how they look. They will work for the purpose that I have in mind. Once something better hits the market I might step up. Another word of advice. If you purchase them on Amazon you will save some money. PLEASE NOTE THAT I DID NOT CUT THE MATS. THIS IS HOW THEY COME FROM WEATHERTECH. I think the fit is pretty good. I am happy with the purchase.

I apologize for how dirty they look. Another wet and ugly Northwest day. This is from walking out to the car to take the quick pics. Exactly why we need good all weather mats

Attachments

• 673D17FF-644D-49EE-A5B1-F129D0C9F390.jpeg
    673D17FF-644D-49EE-A5B1-F129D0C9F390.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 149
  • B694261D-1B0E-401A-8DF5-573D34725155.jpeg
    B694261D-1B0E-401A-8DF5-573D34725155.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 150
  • E2A684C6-B868-4F60-8FAB-726B6E812DD9.jpeg
    E2A684C6-B868-4F60-8FAB-726B6E812DD9.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 147
  • 492CB2FD-F32A-4318-BF15-1AF949151956.jpeg
    492CB2FD-F32A-4318-BF15-1AF949151956.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 135
  • 72B36AA0-31F5-4467-9F08-843075E7DB88.jpeg
    72B36AA0-31F5-4467-9F08-843075E7DB88.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 133
  • 9AC716F9-8E7C-46EE-B2E3-8EE4ACD954AD.jpeg
    9AC716F9-8E7C-46EE-B2E3-8EE4ACD954AD.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 125
  • 1B77B037-9633-429D-A1F3-1412E5503F8B.jpeg
    1B77B037-9633-429D-A1F3-1412E5503F8B.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 120
  • 913A2AE2-7B98-4FB9-BFED-EB434435A4AA.jpeg
    913A2AE2-7B98-4FB9-BFED-EB434435A4AA.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 117
  • 52E0403F-2547-4523-9655-ACADFF1466AE.jpeg
    52E0403F-2547-4523-9655-ACADFF1466AE.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 110
  • 04E9AA05-039C-45FD-BA0A-E0E43E67D7F9.jpeg
    04E9AA05-039C-45FD-BA0A-E0E43E67D7F9.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 152
Just spoke with 3D Mats. ETA 3-5 months.
Is this a supply chain issue? They have been providing different availability dates since last year. By the time they come out with the mat, it would have been time to upgrade the vehicle…lol

The person I spoke with made reference to the length of the manufacturing process.

Glad to hear that your mats stay put. They may be updated versions, as I got mine in early Nov. Unlike my Audis which have fasteners for winter mats, the Lucid mats do not. I did cover the fasteners with scotch tape, which should prevent moisture from touching the fastener heads, but will report to customer care or my SM. I used the WT mats before I got the Lucid mats and they did not cover as much in the front as the factory mats.

I was initially pleased with mine, but they are showing stains that don’t come out with washing. I’m going to check and see if they are staining the carpet. They definitely slide around too much. I’m going to get the 3D mats when available.

I was initially pleased with mine, but they are showing stains that don’t come out with washing. I’m going to check and see if they are staining the carpet. They definitely slide around too much. I’m going to get the 3D mats when available.
Yes, the winter mats are hard to keep clean and show scuff marks, especially on the ones in the back.

i never got a trunk mat but i do wonder how hard it would be to reach the sub-trunk space once you have a mat weighing on top of the foldable piece.
Not hard. The trunk mat is not that heavy. Just pick it up near where the license plate is, then roll toward the front. Lifting the bi-fold cover holds the mat up.

These are the WeatherTech cut to fit all weather mats that I mentioned. I just placed them over the existing Lucid mats for the pictures. I actually do not mind how they look. They will work for the purpose that I have in mind. Once something better hits the market I might step up. Another word of advice. If you purchase them on Amazon you will save some money. PLEASE NOTE THAT I DID NOT CUT THE MATS. THIS IS HOW THEY COME FROM WEATHERTECH. I think the fit is pretty good. I am happy with the purchase.

I apologize for how dirty they look. Another wet and ugly Northwest day. This is from walking out to the car to take the quick pics. Exactly why we need good all weather mats
Problem with any trimmable mat is that the line scores actually help channel water TO the underlying carpet. My Motor Trend mats work great here in Las Vegas, but it hardly ever rains here. Conversely, the 3D Kagu mats are actually pans with raised edges around the perimeter so they will actually capture water. I guess I'll wait 3-5 months or whenever Kagu decides to turn up the volume and start making them.

Just got the Air Touring with white carpets . What interior mat color works best? Thank you

Just got the Air Touring with white carpets . What interior mat color works best? Thank you
That's Santa Cruz and most suggest the Graphite OEM mats. Check the posts pictures.

Back