First Test Drive Review - Out of Spec Dave

Surprised! Dave bought himself a Lucid Air GT with just a little over 800 miles on the odometer.

I’m not surprised at all since I called it correctly in my first post in this thread when I said, “He called the car 'amazing' and said he had "a lot to think about" as if he would consider the Lucid over the Tesla”

Thats why I didn’t think the review was as biased as some made it out to be.

Surprised! Dave bought himself a Lucid Air GT with just a little over 800 miles on the odometer.

I KNEW IT!!!! I knew he wasn’t being bias talking to a lot of new EV shoppers in his channel who are pro-Tesla for SuperCharger Network superiority. But his review language also had many hints of how much he admires about Air with “So smooth”, “amazing”… overly used expression.

Well! I’m happy Dave got it. Lucid can use all the exposure out there for its brand awareness!

And I can see Dave is more impressed of AGT than Kyle. Kyle is just think $165k sticker price is crazy. It is what it is. Dave wants CarPlay, Kyle doesn’t care. 😂 but $105k for 850 miles AGT, what a bargain!

I actually enjoy Kyle’s personal vlog channel more than Out Of Specs review channel. That video feels very intimate with all the dialogue between him and his dad.

Yeah, but this is far more the rule than the exception with the vast majority of reviews I've come across for the Air. (Well-known, seasoned reviewers account for only a small percentage of YouTube reviews.)

My point was: why has this particular review come under such scrutiny where other even less-sophisticated and far less-complimentary reviews have not?

Are Lucid owners beginning to develop the same thin skins for which Tesla fanboys are known?
Just stumbled on all this negative chatter about my review of the Air after driving one for the first time. A bit surprised to be honest of all the negativity. I truly thought this would be a welcoming community. Since I made that video, I in fact now own one of these cars and am loving it. If any of you don’t like the content I put out, that’s totally ok with me. You don’t need to watch or post about if it is bothers you. Some of the commentary here by a few was a bit surprising. In the meantime, I will continue to do my thing and try to be a productive contributor to this seeming great community. Thanks all for welcoming me here.

Just stumbled on all this negative chatter about my review of the Air after driving one for the first time. A bit surprised to be honest of all the negativity. I truly thought this would be a welcoming community. Since I made that video, I in fact now own one of these cars and am loving it. If any of you don’t like the content I put out, that’s totally ok with me. You don’t need to watch or post about if it is bothers you. Some of the commentary here by a few was a bit surprising. In the meantime, I will continue to do my thing and try to be a productive contributor to this seeming great community. Thanks all for welcoming me here.
Welcome to the community Dave! I enjoyed your content, especially parts of Kathy’s cameo. I think sometimes maybe a little innocent misinformation gets magnified and blown out of proportion on the internet. We all love our Air, and that emotion can be overwhelming led to misunderstanding. You keep what you’re doing and producing your quality content! Great entertainment, you makes me want to road trip more!

hence why I stopped posting regularly in here a while back. Seems unless you’re 100% pro Lucid your opinions aren’t welcome, they’re dismissed or you’re told to go elsewhere. God forbid you compare a Lucid to another brand, the thread will be shut down! Good place to check for software issues / updates but my days of helping and providing info in here are done.

I watched your review I didn’t think it was bad at all.

Welcome to the community Dave! I enjoyed your content, especially parts of Kathy’s cameo. I think sometimes maybe a little innocent misinformation gets magnified and blown out of proportion on the internet. We all love our Air, and that emotion can be overwhelming led to misunderstanding. You keep what you’re doing and producing your quality content! Great entertainment, you makes me want to road trip more!
Thanks!

hence why I stopped posting regularly in here a while back. Seems unless you’re 100% pro Lucid your opinions aren’t welcome, they’re dismissed or you’re told to go elsewhere. God forbid you compare a Lucid to another brand, the thread will be shut down! Good place to check for software issues / updates but my days of helping and providing info in here are done.

Thanks for your context and post... Noted and thx

I think your reviews are great and did not think it was negative at all. Even it was that would be fine too. Love hearing how you compared it to Tesla and other cars too. Those are the types of reviews I want to read as a potential buyer who owns a Model S. Very realistic! Keep up the great work!

I too didn't understand the negativity. I enjoyed your review and the continuing series of Lucid-related posts. As a new owner, you're obviously a Lucid fan who this community should welcome and support.

I especially enjoyed your road trip commentary. I'm taking my first road trip today, Phoenix-Denver-Phoenix; will be interested to see if I get the same yo-yo EA charging rates as you did. Planning to hit EA in Payson, AZ, Grants, NM and Wagon Mound, NM (Believe Kyle went to that one).

You know, this is a load of crap. We give discussions quite a long leash compared to other forums, but inevitably all the threads comparing the car devolve into a pissing contest and why a certain someone is bad and that's when they get shut down. We have never shut down threads for being negative.

Regarding Dave's video, @OutofSpecDave I've watched all your reviews and enjoy them. Only comment I would add is when you get something wrong you correct the information, and most of time you do in a later video, which is great! You've been doing this long enough to understand that every community will have its share of negativity, but mostly it's positive and welcoming.

I think it will become clear why so many of us are bonkers over this car. Hi Dave, and welcome to the asylum. ( and don't ever insult my girlfriend like that and expect me to sit still).
wink
nod
(full disclosure: early investor = made enough to pay for the car by selling in the 50's then bought more below 8. Lucid paid for my car!)

Last edited:
We are definitely happy to have you here and want you to feel welcome to the community. Your reviews are fair and honest. The more people helping to educate owners and future owners about Lucid the better off the entire community will be. All of us get somethings wrong occasionally and it is fair to point that out. That should be done constructively and without name calling. The vast majority of forum members are not negative. Please do not let this thread deter you from the forum.

Welcome Dave. I just read through this thread and feel sort of embarrassed by some of the comments. I assure you that this is not representative of this community and hope to see you here to contribute and learn.

Congrats on your AGT! I also feel that it is the best car that I’ve ever owned.

I also like your content. Have been watching for quite a while. At least since you got the GV-60.

God forbid you compare a Lucid to another brand, the thread will be shut down!

That's not true, or at least greatly exaggerated. I would say that I have compared my Touring to my GV-60 many, many times and nothing was shut down. In fact I made a pretty long post where I compared the two and only got good feedback or constructive criticism.

Back