Referral code: Q1JU0G9U
Verified Owner
Supporting Member
Cars
23' Air Touring
Referral Code
Q1JU0G9U
Since everyone is posting about their car issues, I thought I would too. Haha

i love the car so far. It has about 1400 miles and I took it on a road trip of about 800 miles total. Two minor issues…

1) the car vibrates when driven at certain speeds. We noticed this on the road trip when my wife complained she was shaking. I looked at her and she was bouncing up and down slightly. It would go away and then come back. Then we figured out that it happens around 30 mph and around 65 mph. The car is also a bit wobbly at very slow speeds. I think one or more of the tires are a bit flat on one side maybe due to sitting on a lot for a while or maybe it needs balancing. Anyway, this type of thing happened to me on a new Tahoe many years ago. So, it should be a quick fix for Lucid. Rebalance or change the tire. I have the 19 inch wheels.
2) the inside trunk aluminum trim on one side is popping out. I looked and it looks like it unglued. Minor issue but since the car is going in, we might as well fix.

so far that is all I have noticed except for the red clay that drains out of the trunk onto the bumper each time I wash the car. And, I am still hesitant to try Launch mode. 😀

Bunnylebowski strongly recommended against launching on the 19” wheels. Not enough grip and the tires break loose and squeal.

Bunnylebowski strongly recommended against launching on the 19” wheels. Not enough grip and the tires break loose and squeal.
I have launched my DE-P with 19" wheels and never had an issue. Well, other than having to stop and puke! 🤣

You just need a balance.

Sounds like a balance issue. If one weight, or a strip of weights comes loose, it can make a car feel like there's something seriously wrong. Having it happen on a road trip can be disconcerting. Fortunately in your case it sounded relatively minor.

Ok. the service was done. A great experience. Arrived in the morning and was welcomed in a friendly and professional way. I explained the issues and they got me a Lyft ride to work. Early afternoon they texted me that the car was ready. When I picked it up they mentioned that two tires were replaced, all four were rebalanced, and the trunk sill plate that was coming off was replaced. They washed the car and sent me on my way. Thank you Lucid for a great experience!

car is driving perfect now!

I pretty much had the option of 19s or 21s for the same price, and I know the 21s are more fun, but level 3 charging is pretty scarce out here in West Texas so I decided the ~50 miles of extra range was more important. Can always buy the big wheels when charging infrastructure improves.

Back