joec

Referral Code - MX1KDTYY
Verified Owner
Supporting Member
Cars
Air Touring
Referral Code
MX1KDTYY
Charging right now at the local EA station in Boulder. Wanted to make sure my free charging account had been set up correctly before finding out the hard way on a road trip.

Plugged right in and connected in a few seconds. The station only has 150kW chargers, so I only got up to 96kW at peak. That was at 40% SoC and no preconditioning, though. So not bad.

Honestly, it was harder to find the chargers than it was to use them. EA’s own app has them in the wrong spot on the map. And my Air didn’t list the station at all. Will have to report that to Customer Care.

So if anyone is heading through Boulder any time soon and needs a charge, these ones seem to be good. If you can’t spot them, they are close to Anthropologie.

And for those getting their cars soon and are paranoid about EA (How could you not be if you read this forum?) know that at least one Touring owner is 1 for 1 at charging thus far.

31 minutes from 40% to 80%. I’ll take it.

Lucid is really pushing out a lot of delivery in bottom of the 9th in 2022.

EA has been a mixed bag. 1st attempt just to check the connection worked but at 10KW from a 150 charger. 2nd attempt worked well. Once I got to San Diego, I’ve found complete sites out of commission, chargers working at 17KW, and finally a single 150 charger (out of two on site) that worked at 100+ levels. VERY hit or miss even in CA.

EA has been a mixed bag. 1st attempt just to check the connection worked but at 10KW from a 150 charger. 2nd attempt worked well. Once I got to San Diego, I’ve found complete sites out of commission, chargers working at 17KW, and finally a single 150 charger (out of two on site) that worked at 100+ levels. VERY hit or miss even in CA.
I tried to charge at EA after getting my car yesterday. First two tries failed: Charging start error and Plug&Charge Disabled for this drive - on Lucid app. Worked on third Try using the Lucid app when the payment window showed up on EA charger. Also the plug locked into the charge port on first two tries. Had to use frunk release. Talked to CC today. He said if the car locks the plug will lock. Next time unlock car with fob. EA is working on getting plug and charge to work with Lucid at all chargers. ECD TBD. If the EA charger makes connection and presents the payment window, go to the Lucid app to initiate the charging by selecting the charger number that you plugged into.

I had good success at an EA Signet unit this AM. It was 34F 30% SOC on preconditioned battery, car got 138kw on a 150kw station but I think that’s ok since it was cold out. I’ve never had an issue on any Signet unit, meanwhile the ABB garbage units 5 miles from my house will not charge the car under any circumstance since mid October. I last tried yesterday so the Lucid OTA that supposedly affected charging didn’t solve this issue, but I don’t think it’s Lucid’ problem. I don’t think EA ABB units like the 900v architecture and faults out too easily. Plug and charge authentication almost always works, it’s the charging start error that happens afterwards that’s the culprit.

First time fast charging my touring at EA and it worked ! I am on a 150 kE charger and I had a battery preconditioned for 20 minutes. I was at 40% SOC and the max I hit was 97kW before it settled down to mid 70’s after few minutes and low 60’s after SOC reached 70%.

Really happy to get this working on the first try on a EA charger

First time fast charging my touring at EA and it worked ! I am on a 150 kE charger and I had a battery preconditioned for 20 minutes. I was at 40% SOC and the max I hit was 97kW before it settled down to mid 70’s after few minutes and low 60’s after SOC reached 70%.

Really happy to get this working on the first try on a EA charger
Sometimes 150kw charger will max out at 172kw in warmer temperatures. So it can work out pretty well in optimal conditions. Honestly I’ve gotten more reliable consistent higher charging speeds off 150kw units than 350.

Sometimes 150kw charger will max out at 172kw in warmer temperatures. So it can work out pretty well in optimal conditions. Honestly I’ve gotten more reliable consistent higher charging speeds off 150kw units than 350.
I am planning to stick to 150kW for now since I don't think touring can make the full use of 350 kW.

The temperature outside this morning when charging was around 40. At this point I am happy it was working :) and hopefully with warmer weather in spring the speed

30 minutes this morning from 40 % to 80 %. Looks like its consistent
In the winter, I'd say yes. Somewhere around 96-97 for most of the charge on a 150 charger.

Haven't had a chance to try a 350 yet. My understanding is the Touring would max out around 250 in that scenario. Under best conditions.

First time charging at EA today in west Texas. It went without any problems. Recognized the car automatically and charged.

I'm probably going to jinx myself, but my first three EA experiences have been flawless. I better stop at three!

I used a 350 kW Signet charger for the first time today. Damn, those CCS cables and connectors are a real PITA to use vs Tesla's NACS cable. The charge port door should really go down about an inch more, I know eventually I will scratch it. I found that the first time I wrestled the cable in, the charger tried to negotiate with the vehicle and failed. I noticed that I hadn't pushed the connector in to the point the latch clicked. I unplugged, replugged making sure I heard the click of the connector and after a minute of gyrations on the charger screen the vehicle started charging. There was no need to authenticate on the Lucid app.

EA has been generally fine for me. Usually use the 150.

I used a 350 kW Signet charger for the first time today. Damn, those CCS cables and connectors are a real PITA to use vs Tesla's NACS cable. The charge port door should really go down about an inch more, I know eventually I will scratch it. I found that the first time I wrestled the cable in, the charger tried to negotiate with the vehicle and failed. I noticed that I hadn't pushed the connector in to the point the latch clicked. I unplugged, replugged making sure I heard the click of the connector and after a minute of gyrations on the charger screen the vehicle started charging. There was no need to authenticate on the Lucid app.
Yea, you will learn how to put it in at the perfect angle to mate correctly and then magic happens...

Has anyone with a Touring found that an EA 350kW charger is faster than an EA 150kW charger, ever? Several people have mentioned having better luck with the 150kW units. I'm just wondering if this is consistent across all EA chargers and I should stop bothering to look for the 350kW units first.

Has anyone with a Touring found that an EA 350kW charger is faster than an EA 150kW charger, ever? Several people have mentioned having better luck with the 150kW units. I'm just wondering if this is consistent across all EA chargers and I should stop bothering to look for the 350kW units first.
Difference is only a couple minutes if anything. Especially if you have not preconditioned.

Back