Finally first time seeing turtle

You guys with the 2 EV's and 2 car garage. How do you charge both cars? Do you swap places or run the cable under or over the other car to charge? Just thinking for the future.
I have two EVSEs. One Lucid Charger and one Wallbox Pulsar Plus, with the Wallbox Power Boost - it’s a very neat solution that uses two CTs hooked around your panel/subpanel mains, tells the Wallbox what the current is, and the Wallbox adjusts its power output to compensate. So when my Lucid is charging at a full 80A, the Wallbox charges slower because I only have a 125A subpanel. When the Lucid isn’t charging, the Wallbox gets the full 48A.

I had thought that they had just fixed detection inside the car in general. Maybe the dead zone is still there but I am just curious how easy it is to lock the key in the car. There’s definitely times where I have left my phone on the charger when I get out on accident. Curious if that would lock me out of my car and if I need to be super careful.
The cup holder is still a dead zone. I have left my phone in my car and not been locked out. The catch is that at some point your phone will “sleep,” and not send along the Bluetooth signal. [0] In that situation, the car might lock.

[0] This is an Apple issue; they try to ensure the phone is “in motion” before sending the Bluetooth signal, so as to save battery. That is why, sometimes, you need to take your phone out of your pocket and then the care opens. I’ve tested this by having an “extra swaggery” walk to my car, and that works too. You could just shake your phone a bit. But when it’s in your car, that’s harder to do. :)

The times I've accidentally left my phone on the charger, my car didn't lock when I walked away. It stayed unlocked as if I were still sitting in it. Not sure if it would have stayed that way indefinitely, though.

I'm not likely to go ten minutes without realizing my phone isn't with me, so I'll likely never find out.

My wife has also accidentally left a bag with her fob in it in the frunk a few times while we were together. Again, the car just didn't lock so long as her fob was still near the car. But I'm imagining if the car fell asleep, it may lock automatically. And then I'm not sure what happens after that. I've always had my fob and phone on me in those cases, so I would have been fine, regardless.

I also carry my keyCard in my wallet. And that seldom leaves my pocket while I'm in the car.
I have left my fob in the car after valet parking and gone into the grocery store to do my shopping. The car does indeed lock itself. Probably after the warning on the dash asking to confirm someone is in the car but thats just a guess. I can't say if the fob will open it once it's locked since I have the digital key on my phone. Fortunately no one has driven off with my car 🤣

Did you lock the key fob in there? I thought they had fixed this issue.

I recall that there was a dead zone in the cupholder that sometimes couldn't sense the fob. Are you saying they had a fix for that?

Yes, I left the fob in the dead zone of cup holders. I had to call SA to help. He then unlocked for me remotely. I just didn’t think about this situation as I usually carry key card in my wallet as back up. But this is loaner.

You guys with the 2 EV's and 2 car garage. How do you charge both cars? Do you swap places or run the cable under or over the other car to charge? Just thinking for the future.

I only have 1 WallBox Pulsar Plus charger and a 20 ft J1772 extender so I can even charge guest EVs on the street.

Where did you get this? I probably need this
Lectron 40ft/12m J1772 Extension Cable Compatible with All J1772 EV Chargers - Flexible Charging for Your Electric Vehicle https://a.co/d/hUJRq5m

Amazon has 10, 20, 30, 40 feet extender. I have been using it for our 3 EV household. We can park anywhere to charge and have this extender at different side of garage.

I don't trust charge cable extenders. Did 2 wallboxes that share a 60a breaker (I'm almost out of spaces in my panel and plan to switch our water heater and AC to heat pump in the future)

I don't trust charge cable extenders. Did 2 wallboxes that share a 60a breaker (I'm almost out of spaces in my panel and plan to switch our water heater and AC to heat pump in the future)

I have been using that extension cable for more than a year regularly. The reason I got it is for back up road tripping accessory. If I go AirBnB in infrastructure poor area, I can use it to connect to dryer 220v from inside the house.

Just curious - does your loaner (or in anyone's experience, their loaners) include the free EA charging, either with or without respect to the EA free charging terms of their purchased car?

Asking because I am allegedly going to receive an Air loaner while my car is being serviced over the holidays (2nd extended visit in 2 months), and we're going on a 2k+ mile roadtrip, the charging cost for which I was looking forward to not paying had I been able to take my own vehicle.

P.S. Glad to hear you had a positive loaner experience. They're always booked at the San Mateo service center and contract with Enterprise nearby, which needless to say offers nothing even close to an Air-caliber driving experience.

Just curious - does your loaner (or in anyone's experience, their loaners) include the free EA charging, either with or without respect to the EA free charging terms of their purchased car?

Asking because I am allegedly going to receive an Air loaner while my car is being serviced over the holidays (2nd extended visit in 2 months), and we're going on a 2k+ mile roadtrip, the charging cost for which I was looking forward to not paying had I been able to take my own vehicle.
The last 2 loaners I had, had plug and charge working properly.

The last 2 loaners I had, had plug and charge working properly.
Schaweeeeet. I saw some other threads covering this question and people seemed to have mixed experiences, so glad to hear it's worked for you. Best case scenario, I get an Air T/GT upgrade for the trip, and my wife and I can enjoy the thigh extenders and massage functions as a conciliation prize for being part of the early adopters frequent servicing club. Worst case, hello base trim Mach-E.

P.S. Glad to hear you had a positive loaner experience. They're always booked at the San Mateo service center and contract with Enterprise nearby, which needless to say offers nothing even close to an Air-caliber driving experience.

I don’t know about EA Charging. I would assume each VIN may be tied up to an EA contract. I would only know if I try out EA myself to see handshake work. I also have mobile EA account to use for other CCS EVs.

I was pleasantly surprised today the loaner has TX highway tag and I can get on tollway.

I don’t know about EA Charging. I would assume each VIN may be tied up to an EA contract. I would only know if I try out EA myself to see handshake work. I also have mobile EA account to use for other CCS EVs.

I was pleasantly surprised today the loaner has TX highway tag and I can get on tollway.
Currently have a loaner too for various issues (mainly busted 3rd brake light and tire balancing) and they specifically told me they'll take care of tolls. So I've been using one of the toll bridges here more than I would normally lol. (Saves 2 mins in my 18 min commute)

Lectron 40ft/12m J1772 Extension Cable Compatible with All J1772 EV Chargers - Flexible Charging for Your Electric Vehicle https://a.co/d/hUJRq5m

Amazon has 10, 20, 30, 40 feet extender. I have been using it for our 3 EV household. We can park anywhere to charge and have this extender at different side of garage.
Ordered, thanks! Does it lower the charge voltage at all in the hand-off? Or is maximum power still delivered?

I still get 48amp as what my Wallbox provides. Before you guy them, check amperage of extension, there are different speed.

I still get 48amp as what my Wallbox provides. Before you guy them, check amperage of extension, there are different speed.
I have 80 amps, would it be a safety hazard to use it? I don't care if I get the lower speed, but I hope it doesn't overheat or something

Paging @DeaneG

I have 80 amps, would it be a safety hazard to use it? I don't care if I get the lower speed, but I hope it doesn't overheat or something

Paging @DeaneG

No, you can control output to 48amp from car or EVSE.

My ACs (7 tons) are both heat pumps and six months ago I replaced my electric water heater with a heat pump model. My car's HVAC also uses a heat pump. That is the future and the future is here.

Back