Fender Bender

CLTGT

Verified Owner
Cars
73 Mustang Conv & the GT
So, had a young lady rear-end me Friday afternoon in Chapel Hill. She ran into me going probably 15 mph by my guess. The damage was minimal, I hope, but will definitely need the lower bumper cover and back black trim replaced.

I just hope the certified Lucid body shop can source the parts in a timely manner. The Lucid sales manager I contacted got me the name of the body shop very quickly, but I will call them on Monday.
2C46091C-3880-4096-848F-5F652406FBAC.jpeg

Attachments

• 372AC05F-112D-4C30-8A4D-707D2AC18A77.jpeg
    372AC05F-112D-4C30-8A4D-707D2AC18A77.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 109
I bet anything she was texting and driving.

I’m sorry this happened to your car. I’m also glad that you were not hurt.

She said ”a bug flew in her face”, but I think texting is more likely.

She said ”a bug flew in her face”, but I think texting is more likely.
Gotta love that excuse!!! Kind of like the dog ate my homework. Glad it wasn’t too serious.

So, had a young lady rear-end me Friday afternoon in Chapel Hill. She ran into me going probably 15 mph by my guess. The damage was minimal, I hope, but will definitely need the lower bumper cover and back black trim replaced.

I just hope the certified Lucid body shop can source the parts in a timely manner. The Lucid sales manager I contacted got me the name of the body shop very quickly, but I will call them on Monday.View attachment 5336
This sucks! So many bad drivers out there. I got rear-ended in a car wash in my Mercedes by some little old lady driving a giant Jeep Cherokee with a tow winch on the front, she admitted fault but then lied to my insurance company and said I backed into her, which is impossible as it was a one way line of cars. Once I got the camera footage from the car wash then she stopped lying. Sorry for your bad luck. There have been a few Lucid accidents recently and what’s impressive is all the electronics and sensors have remained intact, but once the shop has done the repairs just make sure Lucid checks/recalibrates the sensors to make sure everything is up to spec.

I just hope the certified Lucid body shop can source the parts in a timely manner. The Lucid sales manager I contacted got me the name of the body shop very quickly, but I will call them on Monday.View attachment 5336
I live in the Bay Area and had similar damage to the bumper (but it was at the hands of a careless tech at Lucid in Milbrae). Seems like they were able to “fix it” at the body shop without having to replace the bumper. My main annoyance was having to redo the clear bra after.

That sucks! Sorry to hear that. Hope it’s back to 100% soon and process isn’t too painless.

That sucks! Sorry to hear that. Hope it’s back to 100% soon and process isn’t too painless.
I would prefer the process be as “painless” as possible. ;)

Back