RESOLVED Fender bender and claim process

openball

Verified Owner
Cars
Touring, X6
8500 miles in 4 months not even a stone chip, then someone backs into me at an event parking lot.
I'll share my claim process/ experience....
So the fellow owned up. Obviously I wasn't in the car.
He gave his insurance information. I called mine first but I was advised to file the claim on his.
I gave my story, they called him for confirmation and then gave me a case number and setup a damage estimate with their shop.
I called lucid service, got the lucid certified bodyshop contact and setup an appointment.
I'll pick up a rental at the lucid body shop covered by his insurance.
If lucid finds additional damage they will put in a supplemental claim.
That's were I'm at now....

FYI the hood opens on two attempts and needs help to close.
I'll post pictures of what's causing this later

Attachments

• 20230806_134011.jpg
    20230806_134011.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 161
  • 20230806_134008.jpg
    20230806_134008.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 158
  • 20230806_133939.jpg
    20230806_133939.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 157
  • 20230806_133936.jpg
    20230806_133936.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 154
  • 20230806_133933.jpg
    20230806_133933.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 156
  • 20230806_133932.jpg
    20230806_133932.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 171
haven’t had to have any body work but looking forward to learning more in case I am in the situation in the future. I assume there are repair centers that are certified for Lucid vs only having the Lucid service center as I am a few hours away from one of those.

I got the estimate from the insurance company ~$600 for labor, with a link to accept payment. They also advice I take it to a lucid service center because the car is not in their database and they will not be able to order parts in a timely manner.
On a rental - I won't be able to get an Electric car, I'm still trying to push for that, but it is unlikely because the only rental working with the lucid service center does not have EVs. - The service center is ~2hrs away.
Attaching more pictures from the inspection. - I'm impressed the Lucid can take a hit
1691736014874.png
1691736054859.png
1691736045851.png
1691736031555.png
1691736024385.png

I got the estimate from the insurance company ~$600 for labor, with a link to accept payment. They also advice I take it to a lucid service center because the car is not in their database and they will not be able to order parts in a timely manner.
On a rental - I won't be able to get an Electric car, I'm still trying to push for that, but it is unlikely because the only rental working with the lucid service center does not have EVs. - The service center is ~2hrs away.
Attaching more pictures from the inspection. - I'm impressed the Lucid can take a hit
View attachment 14170View attachment 14174View attachment 14173View attachment 14172View attachment 14171
$600 won‘t get you a cup of coffee in a repair shop. I have a pending scratch repair claim in progress that is estimated to be $4800. Same type of incident only on the rear quarter panel. This looks like a spendy one. Good luck.

Dropped the car off today.
Note to self: always negotiate a luxury vehicle at the time of the claim. The insurance company reserved economy, and upgraded to premium at the last minute. Rental tried to put me in a luxury but geico refused which they thought was weird since I have a lucid. Enterprise was nice enough to get me in a 2023 Nissan rogue, which I probably will not be driving.
On another note... I haven't seen another lucid on the road in over a month and they had at least 10 at the body shop🧐
Now the long wait for the estimate, supplemental approval from geico, ordering of parts and then repairs

Dropped the car off today.
Note to self: always negotiate a luxury vehicle at the time of the claim. The insurance company reserved economy, and upgraded to premium at the last minute. Rental tried to put me in a luxury but geico refused which they thought was weird since I have a lucid. Enterprise was nice enough to get me in a 2023 Nissan rogue, which I probably will not be driving.
On another note... I haven't seen another lucid on the road in over a month and they had at least 10 at the body shop🧐
Now the long wait for the estimate, supplemental approval from geico, ordering of parts and then repairs

I am optimistic that I won't need to know the answer to my question but GEICO is also my carrier. So my query is: did they approve a luxury car and how arduous if at all was the process of getting the approval.

The initially reserved an economy vehicle, but later approved a premium car which is just a midsized economy car. The rental company was of the opinion that the reservation should match my car as has been the case for others they picked up from the lucid bodyshop. Well they upgraded me to a midsized suv

Today is the 23rd my car hasn't been touched. I check everyday hood isn't open. Btw I called on the 19th and the story was vehicle is evaluated in 72hrs. Called back today and it's scheduled to he evaluated tomorrow.
At this rate, I don't believe I will get her back in 2 months.
My mileage hasn't moved so my guess that the garage parked lucid is sitting on the same spot I dropped her. It's sad but what do I do? Blame lucid for recommending the bodyshop?

Today is the 23rd my car hasn't been touched. I check everyday hood isn't open. Btw I called on the 19th and the story was vehicle is evaluated in 72hrs. Called back today and it's scheduled to he evaluated tomorrow.
At this rate, I don't believe I will get her back in 2 months.
My mileage hasn't moved so my guess that the garage parked lucid is sitting on the same spot I dropped her. It's sad but what do I do? Blame lucid for recommending the bodyshop?
How about if you walk in there and talk to the manager?

It's about two hrs away. I'll try calling the manager tomorrow.

It's about two hrs away. I'll try calling the manager tomorrow.
Also getting Lucid involved will help in how they take care of your car. If it's a collision center or external body shop, make Lucid or your mobile tech fully aware and they will make sure everything is done properly.

My mobile tech specifically told me that the card they service are their babies, it's in their jurisdiction. So any problems, they need to be aware and they'll do the calling to ensure everything is smooth.

Unless it's just my tech, but James here in the Mountain West is brilliant.

Also getting Lucid involved will help in how they take care of your car. If it's a collision center or external body shop, make Lucid or your mobile tech fully aware and they will make sure everything is done properly.

My mobile tech specifically told me that the card they service are their babies, it's in their jurisdiction. So any problems, they need to be aware and they'll do the calling to ensure everything is smooth.

Unless it's just my tech, but James here in the Mountain West is brilliant.
Thanks! Lucid CS was a great help in following up with the bodyshop. Looks like they found a crack in the water reservoir - Its going to be a long wait... 3 weeks and counting.
...I'm glad they found it now because had a problem when my wife hit a deer with her benz (or so she said) a few months after it was repaired we discovered the water reservoir had a slow leak and we had to fix out of pocket

I finally got my baby back 11/08 She looks as good as new!
3 months to fix a fender bender. The car was with Lucid for only 4 days, and the parts took less than a week to get delivered to the shop. I guess Lucid needs more body shops because apparently the body shop was over booked.

I concur. Lucid needs to certify more body shops. The damage to my rear quarter panel took over two months to repair. Part of the issue was GEICO's slow response (or reluctance) to approve supplemental repair invoices. The other problem was that my car was always in queue for the next step (evaluation, parts replacement, paint, QC). I should have expected that the repair shop had a lot of cars because I had to wait three weeks before I could even bring it in for repair.

The body shop is 90 minutes away in traffic with tolls. Although my car appears as good as new, it was not a good experience.

I concur. Lucid needs to certify more body shops. The damage to my rear quarter panel took over two months to repair. Part of the issue was GEICO's slow response (or reluctance) to approve supplemental repair invoices. The other problem was that my car was always in queue for the next step (evaluation, parts replacement, paint, QC). I should have expected that the repair shop had a lot of cars because I had to wait three weeks before I could even bring it in for repair.

The body shop is 90 minutes away in traffic with tolls. Although my car appears as good as new, it was not a good experience.
Unfortunately, this is true of many brands.

Unfortunately, this is true of many brands.
When you need a body shop, it one of the few times in life that having a very conventional car makes life a lot nicer. There's lots of good ones with fairly short waiting periods.

Back