Fast Charging EA Stations in SD

Sanush

Cars
Lucid air GT
Hello everyone, Thank you for this awesome group for all the support you guys have been providing. I always have trouble in charging my Lucid with EA in San Diego Area. Is there a reliable EA fast charging station in SD that someone can recommend. I live in North county and have tried couple of them around here, my experience so far is half of the stations never work and if it works for a 150 KW stating the speed I get is 50-90 speed. It is so frustrating to wait an hour or hour and half to get the car charged.

Welcome to the Lucid board!! I'm not sure what part of North County you are in. I'm in the western part of North County and have had great luck with charging. There is an array of 10 chargers off the 78 and El Camino, so there's usually openings. The 150s work great, I've had problems with the 350s. The station at the Kaiser office complex in Vista is very reliable. I've gotten 190 on the 150kw charger there. And it's in a out of the way location, so usually less cars waiting to charge. The chargers in the Target lot off Business Park drive were my go to chargers. Almost always working, with the 150kw chargers always putting out at least that, especially after the last car updates. But they are all down now. Not as in not working, but as in new chargers are getting set up. So I don't know when that location will be online again.

Welcome to the Lucid board!! I'm not sure what part of North County you are in. I'm in the western part of North County and have had great luck with charging. There is an array of 10 chargers off the 78 and El Camino, so there's usually openings. The 150s work great, I've had problems with the 350s. The station at the Kaiser office complex in Vista is very reliable. I've gotten 190 on the 150kw charger there. And it's in a out of the way location, so usually less cars waiting to charge. The chargers in the Target lot off Business Park drive were my go to chargers. Almost always working, with the 150kw chargers always putting out at least that, especially after the last car updates. But they are all down now. Not as in not working, but as in new chargers are getting set up. So I don't know when that location will be online again.
@Amster thank you for the prompt reply, For me KP Vista EA station is always slow I get 50-90 KW when charging. Do you mind sharing the location of 79 and El Camino , I live in San Marcos close to Twin oaks.

On the 15 corridor, it's hit-or-miss. Sometimes it's great, sometimes average and other times poor. I never know if I'm going to get 170 or 120 or 60 from a 150 station. The station @Amster pointed out first (Oceanside, 78 and El Camino) is the Walmart Supercenter off the Jefferson exit, not El Camino. That's the one I usually use if I'm in that area (I avoid the 350s there and just use the 150s).

On the 15 corridor, it's hit-or-miss. Sometimes it's great, sometimes average and other times poor. I never know if I'm going to get 170 or 120 or 60 from a 150 station. The station @Amster pointed out first (Oceanside, 78 and El Camino) is the Walmart Supercenter off the Jefferson exit, not El Camino. That's the one I usually use if I'm in that area (I avoid the 350s there and just use the 150s).
You are right, thanks for the correction. I'm usually driving up there on El Camino Real from the south, hence I tend to think of it as off that street.

Hello everyone, Thank you for this awesome group for all the support you guys have been providing. I always have trouble in charging my Lucid with EA in San Diego Area. Is there a reliable EA fast charging station in SD that someone can recommend. I live in North county and have tried couple of them around here, my experience so far is half of the stations never work and if it works for a 150 KW stating the speed I get is 50-90 speed. It is so frustrating to wait an hour or hour and half to get the car charged.
Welcome and hello from Poway! I encourage you to join our San Diego discord group, I will put the link below. I usually charge at one of three stations within a few minutes of my home: Rancho Bernardo, Rancho Penasquitos, and Poway. Rancho Bernardo used to be great because there wasn’t much traffic there, but two of the four stations are down as of now. Penasquitos is the largest but also the busiest. The Poway station is at Walmart and there’s a bunch of restaurants there so there’s actually things to do while you are charging.

I drive back-and-forth to visit my daughter who lives in San Marcos so I’m sure I’ll encounter you on the 78 at some point!

Welcome and hello from Poway! I encourage you to join our San Diego discord group, I will put the link below. I usually charge at one of three stations within a few minutes of my home: Rancho Bernardo, Rancho Penasquitos, and Poway. Rancho Bernardo used to be great because there wasn’t much traffic there, but two of the four stations are down as of now. Penasquitos is the largest but also the busiest. The Poway station is at Walmart and there’s a bunch of restaurants there so there’s actually things to do while you are charging.

I drive back-and-forth to visit my daughter who lives in San Marcos so I’m sure I’ll encounter you on the 78 at some point!

I'm in La Mesa and hope to pick mine up soon. I tried the Discord server for SD with no luck. Is there a new link?

New Owner here. Can I get link for San Diego Lucid Discord group?

Back