Engadget video on Pure and Touring

idiot900

Verified Owner
Cars
Air Touring '23
Referral Code
7EN7N1H8
Looks like a press embargo was just lifted:

The DE-like wheels and bluish-silvery color are shown on a Pure. Interior trim changes are discussed. And they state that some kind of LIDAR will be present with vanilla DreamDrive.

Touring comes STANDARD with LIDAR? So upgrading the $10,000 Dream Drive Pro is just software? 😶

Perhaps a misspoken sentence, we'll get more details in a few hours on the actual debut I guess

Last edited:
Not as much LIDAR. There is still a significant hardware difference.
Yeah but LIDAR itself costs more than all the additional cameras/radars/sensors combined.

RoboSense RS-LiDAR-M1 $1898

How come DreamDrive with standard LIDAR unable to provide highway assist (lane keep)?

All I saw were the 20s on the cars shown. Did I miss this?
No, I think these wheels were thought to be a glitch when they showed up on the Lucid website? Perhaps I’m mistaken

250 khw charging?? So does that mean Touring and Pure can't charge at the 350 kwh hour chargers and take full advantage of that top speed?

250 khw charging?? So does that mean Touring and Pure can't charge at the 350 kwh hour chargers and take full advantage of that top speed?
Correct. That speed only works when you have enough batteries to take the juice.

Ultimately, it doesn't matter because it doesn't affect the time it takes to charge to get to a certain percentage. It will take just about the same amount of time at a DC charger as the GT/DE from 0%-80%.

So would it be in poor taste to charge our Touring on a 350kwh charger or just stick with the 150's?

Ultimately, it doesn't matter because it doesn't affect the time it takes to charge to get to a certain percentage. It will take just about the same amount of time at a DC charger as the GT/DE from 0%-80%.
This is good to know. I'm a EV newbie and Touring will be my first EV so I wasn't sure how it would work.

So would it be in poor taste to charge our Touring on a 350kwh charger or just stick with the 150's?
It's fine to charge on a 350kwh charger, your car will know how much to take from the charger. A 350kwh charger just means the charger is capable of putting out that much, but it doesn't mean it will force your car to take that much. If the Touring/Pure charges up to 250kwh, that means the max kwh it will take is 250kw per hour. All EVs have a charging curve that they go through, each unique to their own software however they're programmed.

Typically the lower your battery %, the higher the kwh your car will take in as there is more leeway. As your battery % fills up, your car will know to slow down the amount of kwh received from the charger as to not overcharge/damage its batteries.

The reason why I said the DE/GT/Touring/Pure will all take about the same amount of time to charge up their batteries % wise is because of their Wunderbox system, which is their built-in onboard charger, which is present on all Air trims.

Lucid has a tech talk series on youtube that explains their components in detail, including their battery/charging system if you're interested:

Battery:
Charging and Wunderbox:

If all the bolts charge on the 350 already...😡

If all the bolts charge on the 350 already...😡
This is what I was talking about and what my question was geared towards. I'm glad I'll be okay on he 350 charger and won't get the "Chevy Bolt" side eyes! 😂 😂

I think it’s more likely that Engadget got the info wrong.

We don’t know if there is LIDAR without DD Pro (I suspect there isn’t). But you need LIDAR and additional hardware for DD Pro so right now it can’t be added aftermarket.

It appears according to a screenshot in InsideEv’s pictures of the Pure that it will have massage seats and power drunk. Perhaps a mistake.
CCAD2654-FE1F-4E0F-9C22-38408CF14134.png

It appears according to a screenshot in InsideEv’s pictures of the Pure that it will have massage seats and power drunk. Perhaps a mistake.
These photos look like part of a Lucid-supplied press kit. My guess is the pilot panel screen was photoshopped in by the Lucid PR team and is a mistake.

Back