Electrify America

zaidashai

Cars
Lucid Air GT
How do you register for free charging for Electrify America? I am a GT owner.

You don't need to do anything, Lucid does it for you. You should be able to just plugin and charge without doing anything. If there is an issue when you do this, call Lucid.

How do you register for free charging for Electrify America? I am a GT owner.
Also, check your Lucid app. Under Lucid Charging Plan, then Plan Summary.

This may not be news to some but certainly was for me. While on the phone with EA for an hour trying to charge yesterday, I learned that even though there are 2 charger cables on each charging stall (EA CS told me this), only 1 car can charge at a time. The different cables are for different vehicle configurations for their charge port location. Coming from Tesla I assumed 2 cars could charge off of 1 stall. I was wrong, may be helpful for some other folks who didn’t know.

This may not be news to some but certainly was for me. While on the phone with EA for an hour trying to charge yesterday, I learned that even though there are 2 charger cables on each charging stall (EA CS told me this), only 1 car can charge at a time. The different cables are for different vehicle configurations for their charge port location. Coming from Tesla I assumed 2 cars could charge off of 1 stall. I was wrong, may be helpful for some other folks who didn’t know.
Thanks for the info. I didn’t know about this either, having used EA only a couple of times.

Yup. Unlike Tesla, though, each stall has a charging station - Teslas share one charging station per spot.
I believe that is only true with the V2 superchargers where you share the 150kwh capacity. With the V3 chargers, you get the whole 250kw even if someone is parked next to you.

I believe that is only true with the V2 superchargers where you share the 150kwh capacity. With the V3 chargers, you get the whole 250kw even if someone is parked next to you.
I didn’t mean they share the charge. Just that they share the charger.

Yes. The same is true fro the EVgo chargers.

EA never fails to disappoint..... Coming back from SF yesterday, the navigation wanted me to stop at the EA station located at Country Market Shell in Bakersfield. The Nav said I would arrive with 29% SoC so figured I would open it up a little and just do 85 to 90mph down the freeway. 20 mins out, pre-conditioned the battery, checked the EA app as I don't trust the cars available charger numbers at the moment and saw in the app 3 chargers were in use and 1 available, sweet! Pull up and its a much different story. 3 chargers are broken with mechanical failures and only 1 available with 4 other cars waiting to use it.

Instead of waiting over an hour for a 5 min top up I decided to risk it and just continue on. Boy, was that a mistake! Continuing on, I slowly watched my mileage to home be more than the car had left but it knew this and routed me to a charger in Lebec just before climbing the grapevine. I was surprised to see this 200Kw charger show up and it had no name associated to it but figured I would just use my credit card, get the juice I need and continue on. Navigation told me to turn off at the exit and the moment I did the charger disappeared and the system told me to continue on to home with 0% SoC at arrival. I pulled over to see what this elusive 200Kw charger was to see if I could find it in Apple \ Google Maps, it didn't exist. I continued on and just watched my range get lower and lower as climbing the grapevine. I turned off AC and roasted in the car as it was 100+ outside, low power mode kicked in and eventually got to 1 mile left of range. I used the PlugShare App looking for any charger only to discover that the closest one was still 16 miles away. Freaking out, trying to get to the point where you start coming down the hill I just left the car on 65mph and prayed that regen would give me enough miles to get to a charger in Castaic. Regen did its job and pulled into a ChargePoint charger with 8 miles on range. the EA station near home was 7.9 miles away and didn't want to risk it so topped up at the 60Kw ChargePoint station for 5 mins.

Moral to the story, EA can't be trusted and I gave myself serious anxiety because I refused to wait for over an hour at a charger. The App says chargers are "In Use" when they're actually not even working. So how is Lucid supposed to provide accurate charger data if EA can't even get it right on their own app! I also suspect that if I didn't start the pre-conditioning I wouldn't have used up valuable energy and probably would've just scraped it in and made it home.

Also, don't trust the SoC at arrival. It never updates and appears to be a bug. I didn't arrive at Bakersfield with 29% SoC but 12% so If this was working as intended then I probably would have slowed down on the freeway to conserve energy. I guess the only good news is I averaged 3.2Kw/h @ 85mph 😂

EA never fails to disappoint..... Coming back from SF yesterday, the navigation wanted me to stop at the EA station located at Country Market Shell in Bakersfield. The Nav said I would arrive with 29% SoC so figured I would open it up a little and just do 85 to 90mph down the freeway. 20 mins out, pre-conditioned the battery, checked the EA app as I don't trust the cars available charger numbers at the moment and saw in the app 3 chargers were in use and 1 available, sweet! Pull up and its a much different story. 3 chargers are broken with mechanical failures and only 1 available with 4 other cars waiting to use it.

Instead of waiting over an hour for a 5 min top up I decided to risk it and just continue on. Boy, was that a mistake! Continuing on, I slowly watched my mileage to home be more than the car had left but it knew this and routed me to a charger in Lebec just before climbing the grapevine. I was surprised to see this 200Kw charger show up and it had no name associated to it but figured I would just use my credit card, get the juice I need and continue on. Navigation told me to turn off at the exit and the moment I did the charger disappeared and the system told me to continue on to home with 0% SoC at arrival. I pulled over to see what this elusive 200Kw charger was to see if I could find it in Apple \ Google Maps, it didn't exist. I continued on and just watched my range get lower and lower as climbing the grapevine. I turned off AC and roasted in the car as it was 100+ outside, low power mode kicked in and eventually got to 1 mile left of range. I used the PlugShare App looking for any charger only to discover that the closest one was still 16 miles away. Freaking out, trying to get to the point where you start coming down the hill I just left the car on 65mph and prayed that regen would give me enough miles to get to a charger in Castaic. Regen did its job and pulled into a ChargePoint charger with 8 miles on range. the EA station near home was 7.9 miles away and didn't want to risk it so topped up at the 60Kw ChargePoint station for 5 mins.

Moral to the story, EA can't be trusted and I gave myself serious anxiety because I refused to wait for over an hour at a charger. The App says chargers are "In Use" when they're actually not even working. So how is Lucid supposed to provide accurate charger data if EA can't even get it right on their own app! I also suspect that if I didn't start the pre-conditioning I wouldn't have used up valuable energy and probably would've just scraped it in and made it home.

Also, don't trust the SoC at arrival. It never updates and appears to be a bug. I didn't arrive at Bakersfield with 29% SoC but 12% so If this was working as intended then I probably would have slowed down on the freeway to conserve energy. I guess the only good news is I averaged 3.2Kw/h @ 85mph 😂
yikes. i was curious about the location so i looked up chargers in Bakersfield, CA in plugshare and saw another one inside Target (also EA chargers). Were you aware of this? Did the car not show you this location at all?

Yikes!

I assume you had the the app filter out unavailable charging stations. EA needs to figure out how to better communicate the status of charging stations!

I know hindsight is 20/20. But would stopping for an hour at a high amp level 2 charger been enough to get you to the next EA station comfortably? Hopefully this would only be a backup.

yikes. i was curious about the location so i looked up chargers in Bakersfield, CA in plugshare and saw another one inside Target (also EA chargers). Were you aware of this? Did the car not show you this location at all?
I was coming down the I5 and they did show up but it's something like a 15 to 20 mile trip from the location I was at to get to them.

Yikes!

I assume you had the the app filter out unavailable charging stations. EA needs to figure out how to better communicate the status of charging stations!

I know hindsight is 20/20. But would stopping for an hour at a high amp level 2 charger been enough to get you to the next EA station comfortably? Hopefully this would only be a backup.
I've seen 3 statuses in the App

Available
In Use
Unavailable

These chargers were saying "In Use' when in fact they were broken and not reporting as Unavailable. The whole company is a joke from inaccurate reporting, to varying speeds on chargers and chargers failing to authenticate \ start.

I've seen 3 statuses in the App

Available
In Use
Unavailable

These chargers were saying "In Use' when in fact they were broken and not reporting as Unavailable. The whole company is a joke from inaccurate reporting, to varying speeds on chargers and chargers failing to authenticate \ start.
Were you signed into the EA app? I thought the app was stupid and not updating properly, turns out if you are using it as a guest, the information is not up to date. I had to sign into a EA account first and then the information was matching the information in the Lucid app.

Were you signed into the EA app? I thought the app was stupid and not updating properly, turns out if you are using it as a guest, the information is not up to date. I had to sign into a EA account first and then the information was matching the information in the Lucid app.
Yeah, I have an account from my previous car.

I was always able to charge at EA without a wait going cross country. Almost every location had at least one charger out of service. Up time and accurate information on the web site is certainly going to get much more critical as there are more and more EV’s.

Back