Easy Entry/Exit Chime - Random volume?

rfc805

Reaction score
Referral Code
I6UNAIIF
So I was second guessing myself on this, but - I think it really is the case. When I get in the car and trigger the seat adjustment from easy entry, the car starts making a chiming noise I think to warn you the seat is adjusting. The weird part is - that chime seems to be random in volume, sometimes EXTREMELY loud. I checked the notification volume and it hasn't changed, and it was much much louder than that indicated. I checked the audio volume and wasn't high either. Sometimes, it does seem like it obeys the notification volume (which is maybe not true, and just a coincidence)

Anyone else notice this? Today it was actually uncomfortably loud, like cover your ears loud. It wasn't the second time the same day though.

Lucid Engineers - if you need a free SDET, just send me somewhere to submit these issues, I seem to be finding quite a few!

So I was second guessing myself on this, but - I think it really is the case. When I get in the car and trigger the seat adjustment from easy entry, the car starts making a chiming noise I think to warn you the seat is adjusting. The weird part is - that chime seems to be random in volume, sometimes EXTREMELY loud. I checked the notification volume and it hasn't changed, and it was much much louder than that indicated. I checked the audio volume and wasn't high either. Sometimes, it does seem like it obeys the notification volume (which is maybe not true, and just a coincidence)

Anyone else notice this? Today it was actually uncomfortably loud, like cover your ears loud. It wasn't the second time the same day though.

Lucid Engineers - if you need a free SDET, just send me somewhere to submit these issues, I seem to be finding quite a few!
That's the seatbelt warning (ie you're starting the car without being buckled). The solution is to buckle up before hitting the brake pedal. No idea why your chime is different in volume. It's always been annoyingly loud for me.

That's the seatbelt warning (ie you're starting the car without being buckled). The solution is to buckle up before hitting the brake pedal. No idea why your chime is different in volume. It's always been annoyingly loud for me.

It would be strange if it's a seatbelt warning, because I trigger the easy entry by buckling my seatbelt rather than pressing the brake. There's definitely still a chime there. I went and tested to make sure. It suddenly has gotten very quiet though and is staying that way, so not sure if the 2.4.4 upgrade somehow resolved this (or maybe just the reset from it).

Back