Chime sound, how do we turn it down?

laughinghippo

Cars
Lucid Air Pure AWD
Hi all

New owner here from BC
Just picked up the car today,
The chime is way too loud, I cannot seem to find a way to turn the volume down for this thing.
Is the chime on a default level or do we have an option to turn it down?

Thanks

What chime?
There are various volume sliders in the settings on the pilot panel, but I'm not sure which thing you're looking for.

Congrats on the new car!

What chime?
There are various volume sliders in the settings on the pilot panel, but I'm not sure which thing you're looking for.

Congrats on the new car!
All sorts of chimes, spoke with the Service Centre, they say for some reason sound level from the pure is higher than that of the other trims. Cannot be adjusted manually. Feedback has been submitted and expects a update soon.

Specifically, what chime is this? Seatbelts? I’ve got a Pure and there’s nothing ‘chime related’ that sounds out of whack or louder than expected.

Specifically, what chime is this? Seatbelts? I’ve got a Pure and there’s nothing ‘chime related’ that sounds out of whack or louder than expected.
Still getting used to the car, the seatbelt chime especially is very loud.

I do not know a way to lower the seat belt warning but if you fasten your seat belt before touching the brake pedal, the warning will not go off.

I do not know a way to lower the seat belt warning but if you fasten your seat belt before touching the brake pedal, the warning will not go off.
Acknowledged but sometimes the passengers haven’t finished and they all comment on how annoying it is

I find the chime that rings when the seat returns to the correct position after using easy entry to be way too loud.

I find the chime that rings when the seat returns to the correct position after using easy entry to be way too loud.
If you fasten your seatbelt upon getting into the car you should hear no chimes. It’s when you press the brake prior to belting in that you’ll hear the chimes. So easily solved.

I agree, too. Would also like a way to lower the turn signal volume.
Funny I would love to raise the turn signal volume, but lower the seatbelt warning volume and cross traffic alert volume.

If you fasten your seatbelt upon getting into the car you should hear no chimes. It’s when you press the brake prior to belting in that you’ll hear the chimes. So easily solved.
Will try this next time I get in the car. Thanks

All these complaints about a seatbelt chime seem like...maybe you should put on your seatbelt before hitting the brake?

Yeah, it took me about 24 hours to figure that one out! 😆

All these complaints about a seatbelt chime seem like...maybe you should put on your seatbelt before hitting the brake?
That's not really a fix- it's a solvable problem. Putting your foot on the brake when you get in a car is second nature. The car shouldn't react to that by doing its best to wake up your sleeping children. Even more egregious since the car is still in Park, it's not like you're about to drive off without your seatbelt.

I've had my Air for a couple of days now, and the high volume of the seatbelt alarm and the turn signal noise are the worst things about the car. (The fact that no phones fit in the wireless charging holders is a minor annoyance, and the lack of Android Auto feels egregious but is supposedly coming soon). Otherwise love the car, but there needs to be a way to turn the volume on those down or off.

I'd be curious if some of you who think the chimes are loud checked out another car. Either somebody else here, or a showroom car. I barely notice the seatbelt chime, and I'd describe the blinker sound as "gentle." Maybe even a bit too quiet, I can't always hear it over moderate music. Don't know if that's just my ears, or if some cars are (accidentally?) tuned differently.

None of my passengers have ever complained. I don't think it's a big deal, but then again I don't have sleeping infants to wake up in my car either. I also have a feeling the seatbelt chime volume is not user adjustable and probably regulated for compliance?

I test drove a Pure and a Touring before ordering mine. I don't remember noticing either of them in the test drives. Not sure if it's because I was focused on other things, or I happened to get seatbelt on before applying brake, or it actually isn't the same volume on every car.

I'm sure having the seatbelt chime is regulatory, but in that case it shouldn't go off when you're in Park. No other car I've had has done that, and none of the seatbelt chimes in my other cars even come close to being as loud as the one in the Air. If it can't be configurable, then at the very least only have it go off when in Drive or Reverse.

I don't think the turn signal volume is a requirement either- some other cars allow you to adjust the volume. Plus, it's louder than any other car I've had. Is it supposed to be dynamic in the Air? Maybe it put itself at a high volume in response to music and bugged out and never returned to normal? No idea...

Back