EA Megathread

Just did a round trip from Prescott to LA. Stopped at 3 EA locations. Quartzite, Indio and La Mirada. Had no issues connecting or charging. Max charge rate was 140kW, even on a 350kW. New style stations were all plug and play with no need to use the Lucid App to select station.

The issue was there being a queue to charge at all locations. Lucky for me, I didn’t have to wait long. Those behind me did. Biggest culprits being Rivians. Big batteries and charging much slower than the Lucid. All needing to charge to 100% to cross the desert.

Did charge in Indio with a Dream Edition with Nevada plates!
Did you actually plugged and charged without using the Lucid app?

Hopefully other states will follow. I believe IRA has some sort of reliability mandate, but who knows how that will ever be enforced!

Charged at EA today, no issues. Parked right next to a gray touring with 20 inch wheels. The driver didn't seem to want to chat. Oh well.
1.png
2.JPG

Looks busy there today. My wife has been driving Air-Iana while I am out of town and charging there. She has mentioned how many cars have now been charging at that site. Starting to get worried that I may not get my car back when I return to town. The wife is *really* enjoying it after saying she would never drive it because it was ‘too complicated‘ LOL.

Looks busy there today. My wife has been driving Air-Iana while I am out of town and charging there. She has mentioned how many cars have now been charging at that site. Starting to get worried that I may not get my car back when I return to town. The wife is *really* enjoying it after saying she would never drive it because it was ‘too complicated‘ LOL.
It looks like your car (and your wife) is gone, lol.

My EA experience has steadily gotten better the last couple of months. I almost always have to hit the "continue" button on the charger, so not totally plug and charge but it's been reliable. My peak charging rate is also pretty good on 150 chargers (I've never run into an available 350 charger). I regularly get 150+ charge rate although I get 165 one minute and then rapid swings between 70 and 90 for a few minutes then back to 150+ before the decline in charging rate due to the curve. Of course, there are still times when I plug in and it doesn't go above 60 kwh and I get the "power limited by" message but it's been better than before.

YMMV but I avoid the 150/chademo combo units as I've never gotten a decent charge rate from them.

Attachments

• 20230127_205025[1].jpg
    20230127_205025[1].jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 77
Whoever works in the EA sales/partnerships department deserves a bonus. How they continue to con these companies is unbelievable when the hardware \ network is so bad

Whoever works in the EA sales/partnerships department deserves a bonus. How they continue to con these companies is unbelievable when the hardware \ network is so bad

It will be interesting if these will qualify for Free charging by us under the EA umbrella or will they "technically" be Travel Center of America chargers installed and maintained by EA.
This could be a different type of partnership than they have with Walmart & Sheetz locations.

It will be interesting if these will qualify for Free charging by us under the EA umbrella or will they "technically" be Travel Center of America chargers installed and maintained by EA.
I expect that these chargers will be included in the Lucid free charging. In Arizona, EA is working with APS (local electric utility) to install DC fast chargers around AZ and so far those APS/EA chargers have been included in the free charging.

The results speak for themselves…… EA came last this week with only 57% registering a “Good” check-in.

409A4FEB-5A85-47A5-9533-AF1E09BF8D5D.jpeg

Where is this from?
@rateyourcharge on Twitter. You can report your charger experience good and bad then they will release weekly reports

@rateyourcharge on Twitter. You can report your charger experience good and bad then they will release weekly reports
And how many people who drop in and have a good experience are likely to go to Twitter to rate it?

Seems like yet another in a long line of internet data collection sources that are destined to be biased towards the angry malcontent.

And how many people who drop in and have a good experience are likely to go to Twitter to rate it?

Seems like yet another in a long line of internet data collection sources that are destined to be biased towards the angry malcontent.
Well the Tesla folk seem to have no issues reporting positive experiences……..

I’m on road trip today. I’m 2 for 2 at EA stations stalls.

Last month driving from Santa Monica to Houston, I believe I was 12 for 14 working stalls. For the 2 non-working ones, I just switch to another stall in same station and problem was solved without calling EA.

Please have faith and travel adventurously!

EA = Energizing Adventurously

I’m on road trip today. I’m 2 for 2 at EA stations stalls.

Last month driving from Santa Monica to Houston, I believe I was 12 for 14 working stalls. For the 2 non-working ones, I just switch to another stall in same station and problem was solved without calling EA.

Please have faith and travel adventurously!

EA = Energizing Adventurously
But this was in your Rivian, so may not be relevant to the Air? Interoperability issues vary between makes.

Back