EA Megathread

LOL!

A7480466-3794-4D07-8929-4540EDA77FEA.jpeg

The newest ones in Eastern PA. All Signet.
Edit,
Out of 3 new ones, only 1 is working.
Am I lucky, or what!
Abysmal EA fuckers.

Attachments

• 20230110_161508.jpg
    20230110_161508.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 79
  • 20230110_161529.jpg
    20230110_161529.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 89
The newest ones in Eastern PA. All Signet.
Edit,
Out of 3 new ones, only 1 is working....
Yes, that is the newest design EA is deploying. Though I read this morning that they are now un-installing them, at least in some locations. No public mention of what their plan is.

Yes, that is the newest design EA is deploying. Though I read this morning that they are now un-installing them, at least in some locations. No public mention of what their plan is.
The cynical mind wonders if this is a case of new bottle, but same old wine, or even vinegar?

New BTC charger at Kettleman City in CA

8F13AADD-FD95-4DFB-9501-3292412238DF.jpeg

34Kw…..

Weren't you also there like a month ago getting much better speeds?
Yeah. I moved to another charger and got around 180kw but the issue is that once again even with brand new hardware they’re unreliable.

There was only 1 other car there so certainly wasn’t a power availability issue.

my experience with Panoche Shell was worse last Thursday. Arrived and no cars which should have been a sign. EA’s app said all were available except one of the 350’s. I plug into the other 350 and charger just won’t recognize it’s plugged into the car. Swap the plug and made no difference. Move to a 150Kw and at 27% SoC was only getting 80Kw. I moved to another charger, plug and charge didn’t work and manually activating through the app showed an error. I moved it to yet another charger and the same thing happened. Moved the car again and finally got a decent charging speed.

So….. out of 6 chargers. 1 was offline, 1 wouldn’t detect car, 1 was speed limited and 2 wouldn’t work with PnC or manual activation leaving ONE working as it should.

A Vinfast pulled up and tried to use the ones PnC wouldn’t work on for me and they couldn’t even get them to work in the EA App so definitely wasn’t the Lucid’s fault.

According to the EA app though, all were working except one….. :rolleyes:

my experience with Panoche Shell was worse last Thursday. Arrived and no cars which should have been a sign. EA’s app said all were available except one of the 350’s. I plug into the other 350 and charger just won’t recognize it’s plugged into the car. Swap the plug and made no difference. Move to a 150Kw and at 27% SoC was only getting 80Kw. I moved to another charger, plug and charge didn’t work and manually activating through the app showed an error. I moved it to yet another charger and the same thing happened. Moved the car again and finally got a decent charging speed.

So….. out of 6 chargers. 1 was offline, 1 wouldn’t detect car, 1 was speed limited and 2 wouldn’t work with PnC or manual activation leaving ONE working as it should.

A Vinfast pulled up and tried to use the ones PnC wouldn’t work on for me and they couldn’t even get them to work in the EA App so definitely wasn’t the Lucid’s fault.

According to the EA app though, all were working except one….. :rolleyes:
With the IRA money coming as a big giveaway to charging networks, I REALLY hope that there will be a method to report down chargers to the govt so the charging networks can be held accountable and financially punished. At the moment, there really is no incentive for them to fix issues. With EV sales increasing, this is only going to get worse and worse. So far I am 2 for 2 with EA issues in my first two charging efforts (down, blocked, multiple charging attempts, etc). I guess I was spoiled with the reliability of the Tesla charging network. Hate on Elon all you want, but they at least got something right. Maybe with the recent price drops and people switching their EV reservations over to Tesla will help "ease" the stress on EA and others!!!

This has been my case, the same chargers around my house, I was getting 150+ consistently.

I don't know what happened, but sometime between end of November and mid December, update or change on someone's end is causing some seriously slow charging for me.
I went yesterday to check EA to prepare for my road trip to Vegas and I was getting 120 to start off, then it slowly tapered into the 30's

Yeah. I moved to another charger and got around 180kw but the issue is that once again even with brand new hardware they’re unreliable.

There was only 1 other car there so certainly wasn’t a power availability issue.
Have you ever experienced trouble with the EA plug getting stuck/locked in the car at the end of the charging session? This has happened to me on two different charging sessions at my local EA. I had to open frunk and pull the manual release. I know for sure that the car was unlocked when this happened this morning.

This has been my case, the same chargers around my house, I was getting 150+ consistently.

I don't know what happened, but sometime between end of November and mid December, update or change on someone's end is causing some seriously slow charging for me.
I went yesterday to check EA to prepare for my road trip to Vegas and I was getting 120 to start off, then it slowly tapered into the 30's
It could be that the charger's liquid cable cooling loop had failed, so the charger was throttling to prevent cable overheating.

Have you ever experienced trouble with the EA plug getting stuck/locked in the car at the end of the charging session? This has happened to me on two different charging sessions at my local EA. I had to open frunk and pull the manual release. I know for sure that the car was unlocked when this happened this morning.
I’ve never had this happen on any EV I’ve owned.

Back