EA Megathread

I have been too lazy to write my Vegas review, I'll do it soon!

But I had some freaky stuff happen during my drive.

Made it to a charger at 5% battery because one EA about 20 miles away didn't work. After barely making it to this one, it worked. Then I got something to eat and got a hotel nearby and stayed overnight. The next morning I used the SAME EA, and even the SAME STALL
And it gave me authentication errors.

Scared the heck out of me, glad I charged in the night

Also in the previous EA location that failed, I had a Ford lightning ev there that told me they were stranded and that charger didn't work for them. They didn't have enough charge to make it the 20 miles to the other charger, glad Lucid had the extra range!

(Beaver Utah EA location)

But this was in your Rivian, so may not be relevant to the Air? Interoperability issues vary between makes.
True, I’ve seen other Rivian fail in one stall, but My Air then went in working for that stall.

In essence, Air is a bit more complicated bc of that authentication issue of automatic plug and charge. Rivian didn’t sign contract with EA, so it is treated as anonymous connection charge. I use my EA Apple wallet which is tied up to Polestar 2. It sometimes give me free juice, sometimes charges me. Once weather frees up, I’ll go back in the road with Air summer tires, but I can see this authentication issue is a plague.

IMO, Lucid is better off not giving EA free and drop Air price, and let owner pay for EA to lessen authentication complexity.

Does one need to use the EA app to charge? I am somewhat confused about the EA app ($50.00 hold) and free lucid plan. In south bay area the chargers often fail to id my 23 GT?

Does one need to use the EA app to charge? I am somewhat confused about the EA app ($50.00 hold) and free lucid plan. In south bay area the chargers often fail to id my 23 GT?
Do not use EA's app. Use the charging (lightning bolt) tab on Lucid's phone app if the car doesn't automatically authenticate with the charging dispenser.

my experience with Panoche Shell was worse last Thursday. Arrived and no cars which should have been a sign. EA’s app said all were available except one of the 350’s. I plug into the other 350 and charger just won’t recognize it’s plugged into the car. Swap the plug and made no difference. Move to a 150Kw and at 27% SoC was only getting 80Kw. I moved to another charger, plug and charge didn’t work and manually activating through the app showed an error. I moved it to yet another charger and the same thing happened. Moved the car again and finally got a decent charging speed.

So….. out of 6 chargers. 1 was offline, 1 wouldn’t detect car, 1 was speed limited and 2 wouldn’t work with PnC or manual activation leaving ONE working as it should.

A Vinfast pulled up and tried to use the ones PnC wouldn’t work on for me and they couldn’t even get them to work in the EA App so definitely wasn’t the Lucid’s fault.

According to the EA app though, all were working except one….. :rolleyes:
We all need to flood EA with calls whenever we charge and have these issues. We NEVER get a charge over 150 at a 350 station and ours are brand new! We call every time and sometimes we get slight improvements but never what we are promised.

@Pwmac and I tried out the new APS/EA co-branded chargers in Globe AZ today. There are three 350 kW chargers at this site and the Lucid EA plan includes charging at these co-branded stations. We pulled in at 52% SOC so even with 350kW chargers we knew that we would take much less. Both of us hooked up and plug-n-charge worked flawlessly. In a few seconds we were both pulling close to 140kW without preconditioning. It was 55 degrees and the battery cooling still kicked in after about 5 minutes. We stayed 12 minutes to get to 70% SOC and then we were on our way.

IMG_3078.jpeg
IMG_3079.jpeg

Do not use EA's app. Use the charging (lightning bolt) tab on Lucid's phone app if the car doesn't automatically authenticate with the charging dispenser.
Yesterday I had different issue with charging at EA at a station that I have used before. After three charging start errors, the charger recognized my car and displayed the payment window. However the Lucid app did not recognize it and did not display select charger number to initiate the charge. I had to call EA who authorized the charge for me after I provided my VIN. I think this was the first time I charged after updating the app to v 1.29 (ios). I did report this to CC.

Dear Lucid owners, It has been at least 2.5 years now since EA threads have started and Lucid owners are still having problems and getting the run around.
I finally took delivery of a new Air Touring on Jan. 17, 2023. I have attempted to charge at 2 different EA locations(St. Lucie and Palm Bch Gardens, Fl) approximately 8 times and have yet to get it to work on the initial plug in. I have had to call either Lucid customer service and/or EA that eventually turns the charger on after 10-15 minutes of screwing around. My Lucid is going back to customer service in a week for a multitude of issues including the charging problem. One EA service person mentioned something about the vehicle needs registered and a certain code installed? Where? What? I have a home charger that works as advertised. This isn't my first EV rodeo. I also had a VW id.4 for a year prior to this EV and the EA system worked every time through the EA app.

Dear Lucid owners, It has been at least 2.5 years now since EA threads have started and Lucid owners are still having problems and getting the run around.
I finally took delivery of a new Air Touring on Jan. 17, 2023. I have attempted to charge at 2 different EA locations(St. Lucie and Palm Bch Gardens, Fl) approximately 8 times and have yet to get it to work on the initial plug in. I have had to call either Lucid customer service and/or EA that eventually turns the charger on after 10-15 minutes of screwing around. My Lucid is going back to customer service in a week for a multitude of issues including the charging problem. One EA service person mentioned something about the vehicle needs registered and a certain code installed? Where? What? I have a home charger that works as advertised. This isn't my first EV rodeo. I also had a VW id.4 for a year prior to this EV and the EA system worked every time through the EA app.
I believe A LOT of issues are due to the Plug and Charge protocol. That's the certificate they are talking about.

I’m really beginning to question just how reliable the charger information is in the Lucid Navigation. This issue has been like this for months

Lucid App
6CF96995-6CE2-466B-8286-91B1E54D7BBE.jpeg

EA App
C811C9F3-820E-4053-9AB8-5663FEB5A257.jpeg

Lucid App lists all the charger speeds pre upgrade
35F77BE1-5801-461A-AAC1-E46B5EC30732.jpeg

EA App
74BFC47C-C15D-4088-98B8-1903AE5429D8.jpeg

The car says something completely different. Listing ALL chargers as available

C2FFDDDD-F759-4B05-8B97-7E545303E217.jpeg

83C6E89D-CBBF-4CD7-8BD1-B2C95EA58749.jpeg

The data in both the car and app is unreliable. I also don’t understand why the closest charger to my house is listed at number 5.

I’m really beginning to question just how reliable the charger information is in the Lucid Navigation. This issue has been like this for months

Lucid App
View attachment 9921

EA App
View attachment 9922

Lucid App lists all the charger speeds pre upgrade
View attachment 9923

EA App
View attachment 9924

The car says something completely different. Listing ALL chargers as available

View attachment 9926
View attachment 9925

The data in both the car and app is unreliable. I also don’t understand why the closest charger to my house is listed at number 5.
Lucid is pulling that data from the Electrify America API; it is possible that API is delayed or updated infrequently.

Lucid is pulling that data from the Electrify America API; it is possible that API is delayed or updated infrequently.
So it’s clearly useless then…..

Kind of like their chargers...j/k I keep testing the chargers near me and PnC works everytime

Or needs work? We clearly have different outlooks on life.

I tend to see things as fixable, not “irrelevant and useless unless perfect.”

Or needs work? We clearly have different outlooks on life.

I tend to see things as fixable, not “irrelevant and useless unless perfect.”
Clearly we do. You’ll gladly make excuses for a companies poor performance, I won’t.

5 years clearly isn’t long enough in your opinion to get things working properly!

Clearly we do. You’ll gladly make excuses for a companies poor performance, I won’t.

5 years clearly isn’t long enough in your opinion to get things working properly!
I don’t make excuses; I try to understand the reasons behind why something does or doesn’t work, and believe that most people are generally good, not malicious.

It is clear that EA has been performing extremely poorly; that is not a debate. But where you seem to think that means they are garbage, will forever be garbage, and should die in a fire, with no replacement plan in sight, I tend to focus on ways in which they can improve their infrastructure to hopefully not have issues in the future. I’m also all for additional competition forcing them to improve as well, and partners breathing down their throats to do so too.

Call me an optimist, but I don’t make excuses.

Today as we passed by the flawless EA charger I use that is 5 miles from my home, I asked my navigator to pull up the charger finder on the menu. Guess what... the EA charger I use as my "home charger" was not on the list. We were just a few hundred meters from it.

Outstanding! No wonder I can charge there, anytime I want, flawlessly, without waiting.

I love EA ! I love my Lucid! It's FREE !

I had an experience today that makes me believe that Lucid's software is playing a major role in our problems with EA. I was at 15% SOC, preconditioned for 20 minutes, 50 degrees outside, plugged into a 350kW EA charger with no other cars at the location. Everything was perfect! I was expecting my best rate of charge ever. I had to unplug and replug (like always) and had to start charging through the LUCID app (like always). Charging began and my rate went up to about 50kW then dropped to 30kW. It fluctuated for several minutes in that range and finally stabilized at 33kW. After 6-7 minutes, I unplugged and moved to the other 350kW charger at this location. The same steps were required to initiate charging, but this time I only got 7kW briefly, it then dropped to 3kW. I unplugged and reconnected at two other chargers (both 150kW) and got 3kW at both. I called EA. They had me unplug; they rebooted the charger, and then I reconnected. Again I got 3-4kW. I decided to try something I've never done. I reset the car. I walked away for about 2 minutes, then came back and reconnected to the first charger I had tried (the 350kW). This time I got 130kW and was finally able to charge my car! The fact that trying various chargers, including one rebooted by EA, failed to help, but resetting my car DID help, suggests to me that the problem (at least this time) was with the car's software.

I had an experience today that makes me believe that Lucid's software is playing a major role in our problems with EA. I was at 15% SOC, preconditioned for 20 minutes, 50 degrees outside, plugged into a 350kW EA charger with no other cars at the location. Everything was perfect! I was expecting my best rate of charge ever. I had to unplug and replug (like always) and had to start charging through the LUCID app (like always). Charging began and my rate went up to about 50kW then dropped to 30kW. It fluctuated for several minutes in that range and finally stabilized at 33kW. After 6-7 minutes, I unplugged and moved to the other 350kW charger at this location. The same steps were required to initiate charging, but this time I only got 7kW briefly, it then dropped to 3kW. I unplugged and reconnected at two other chargers (both 150kW) and got 3kW at both. I called EA. They had me unplug; they rebooted the charger, and then I reconnected. Again I got 3-4kW. I decided to try something I've never done. I reset the car. I walked away for about 2 minutes, then came back and reconnected to the first charger I had tried (the 350kW). This time I got 130kW and was finally able to charge my car! The fact that trying various chargers, including one rebooted by EA, failed to help, but resetting my car DID help, suggests to me that the problem (at least this time) was with the car's software.
I completely agree with you. Lucid and EA really need to figure this one out.

lol, whatever man! You don’t know me, I therefore don’t need someone I don’t even know personally suggesting what I should and shouldn’t do in life! Give me a break
If you are looking for help here courtesy goes a long way. If you just want to vent I don't think you have a good ear here.

Back