EA Megathread

I had an experience today that makes me believe that Lucid's software is playing a major role in our problems with EA. I was at 15% SOC, preconditioned for 20 minutes, 50 degrees outside, plugged into a 350kW EA charger with no other cars at the location. Everything was perfect! I was expecting my best rate of charge ever. I had to unplug and replug (like always) and had to start charging through the LUCID app (like always). Charging began and my rate went up to about 50kW then dropped to 30kW. It fluctuated for several minutes in that range and finally stabilized at 33kW. After 6-7 minutes, I unplugged and moved to the other 350kW charger at this location. The same steps were required to initiate charging, but this time I only got 7kW briefly, it then dropped to 3kW. I unplugged and reconnected at two other chargers (both 150kW) and got 3kW at both. I called EA. They had me unplug; they rebooted the charger, and then I reconnected. Again I got 3-4kW. I decided to try something I've never done. I reset the car. I walked away for about 2 minutes, then came back and reconnected to the first charger I had tried (the 350kW). This time I got 130kW and was finally able to charge my car! The fact that trying various chargers, including one rebooted by EA, failed to help, but resetting my car DID help, suggests to me that the problem (at least this time) was with the car's software.
Hi, @Golfhack.

Thank you for sharing. I just sent you a DM.

Marqie

If you are looking for help here courtesy goes a long way. If you just want to vent I don't think you have a good ear here.
Totally agree. Here's the part where I don't agree: we have to let folk come here and be emotional. The car is worth it. Not just the car, but we together are pioneering a great sea-change in civilization. The way one can tell they are growing as a human:

stress

but they at least see ... it's change or die.

I had an experience today that makes me believe that Lucid's software is playing a major role in our problems with EA. I was at 15% SOC, preconditioned for 20 minutes, 50 degrees outside, plugged into a 350kW EA charger with no other cars at the location. Everything was perfect! I was expecting my best rate of charge ever. I had to unplug and replug (like always) and had to start charging through the LUCID app (like always). Charging began and my rate went up to about 50kW then dropped to 30kW. It fluctuated for several minutes in that range and finally stabilized at 33kW. After 6-7 minutes, I unplugged and moved to the other 350kW charger at this location. The same steps were required to initiate charging, but this time I only got 7kW briefly, it then dropped to 3kW. I unplugged and reconnected at two other chargers (both 150kW) and got 3kW at both. I called EA. They had me unplug; they rebooted the charger, and then I reconnected. Again I got 3-4kW. I decided to try something I've never done. I reset the car. I walked away for about 2 minutes, then came back and reconnected to the first charger I had tried (the 350kW). This time I got 130kW and was finally able to charge my car! The fact that trying various chargers, including one rebooted by EA, failed to help, but resetting my car DID help, suggests to me that the problem (at least this time) was with the car's software.
You never ran Vista on your desktop ?

Perhaps you keep thinking of an ICE car. This is a pure EV....not a legacy ICE car with a kludge.

Which reset?

I think you need to go back and read the threads because whilst I will call out issues on the car I also talk about the positives of it also, which outweighs the negatives. I’ve said recently the major annoyance about the car at the moment are the cameras and have even said the other bugs are minor annoyances that will be fixed over time no doubt.

EA is unforgivable. I’ve been using them for 4+ years and it’s progressively getting worse but heck, let’s not call that out and only speak positive.

It seems all you guys (mods) want to hear are the positives and I’m seeing you call more people out the moment they something negative even through it’s warranted.

So on that note, I’ll take my apparent “moaning and groaning” elsewhere!
Please don’t go anywhere. Personally, I appreciate that you call balls and strikes and think that this forum has a lot to gain from people willing to be fair when necessary and critical when it’s called for. Friends and family deserve unfettered loyalty. Publicly traded corporations don’t deserve blind loyalty and are made better by customers who are willing to provide constructive feedback.

You were very vocal during software version 1.0 and we are all better off for it. On many occasions you have also been vocal against Lucid haters. Like I said, balls and strikes.

Don't leave please.
I truly dislike a passionate member to disembark simply because of mods reacting/overreacting.
Mods, please take a notch down a tiny bit.
To be clear, I take no issue in HC_79 staying. In fact, I'd prefer they do! I'm all for debate and discussion; it just needs to be with reasonable expectations around discourse. Telling me I'm making excuses for companies' poor performance is not conducive to any conversation, but I enjoy the debate nonetheless.

To be clear, I take no issue in HC_79 staying. In fact, I'd prefer they do! I'm all for debate and discussion; it just needs to be with reasonable expectations around discourse. Telling me I'm making excuses for companies' poor performance is not conducive to any conversation, but I enjoy the debate nonetheless.
No but it's true, you do. There are some VERY consistent Lucid apologists in this forum who only go so far as to make an excuse or levy a snarky defense and offer little else. This is how the Tesla fan boys are. You're not making the company or our vehicles better. Being upset and demanding better is what makes improvements. Posing rhetorical questions....is not.

Has anyone else had experience with charge rates fluctuating wildy, on many different chargers?

Has anyone else had experience with charge rates fluctuating wildy, on many different chargers?
On many different EA chargers, yes. So far not on the one 62.5kW Chargepoint station I tried.

No but it's true, you do. There are some VERY consistent Lucid apologists in this forum who only go so far as to make an excuse or levy a snarky defense and offer little else. This is how the Tesla fan boys are. You're not making the company or our vehicles better. Being upset and demanding better is what makes improvements. Posing rhetorical questions....is not.
“Demanding” is entitled person language. Requesting,
suggesting, asking, discussing, etc is all us “fan boys and lucid apologists” are asking for. So far, with not being “demanding” in our conversations with them, they’ve already implemented many requested changes and are working on more because guess what, their goal is to perfect the car and service experience as well. They’re implementing loaners (the Natick center has a few they’re just waiting on plates), working on the charging issue with one recent update making big improvements for Touring owners, gargantuan software improvements since 1.0, service center expansions, etc.

Sometimes I feel as though massive chunks of society have lost all sense of mutual respect, giving benefit of the doubt and civility in how problems are addressed, and the notion that progress happens in a step wise fashion has been replaced with ”meet my expectations now because you screwed up and I paid for X Y Z ” yelp reviewer attitude. 👎

“Demanding” is entitled person language. Requesting,
suggesting, asking, discussing, etc is all us “fan boys and lucid apologists” are asking for. So far, with not being “demanding” in our conversations with them, they’ve already implemented many requested changes and are working on more because guess what, their goal is to perfect the car and service experience as well. They’re implementing loaners (the Natick center has a few they’re just waiting on plates), working on the charging issue with one recent update making big improvements for Touring owners.

Sometimes I feel as though massive chunks of society has lost all sense of mutual respect, giving benefit of the doubt and civility in how problems are addressed, and the notion that progress happens in a step wise fashion has been replaced with ”meet my expectations now because you screwed up” yelp reviewer attitude. 👎
Demanding better....yea.....I'm gunna stick with that being a good thing for people to do.

Demanding better....yea.....I'm gunna stick with that being a good thing for people to do.
What do you think Lucid does with their manufacturing process and employees? Is there a mediocrity award they hand out daily? Do you think this most efficient HP per kG motor ever made in the history of cars was designed through encouraging complacency? They push for improvements up to the edge of impossibility, I can verify this occurs having had several off the record conversations with a Lucid engineer who was behind implementing many designs within the vehicle.

What demands on the vehicle you own @Samo23 do you feel Lucid doesn’t care about and is not working on or prioritizing?

I have yet to be rude, which is more than I can say for you, for what it's worth. Furthermore, I do not apologize for Lucid's flaws or anyone else's. I call them out when they fuck up, as I have done countless times.

Separately, I cut them slack when their explanations of things are reasonable rather than unreasonable, because I know what it's like to run a company.

Demand whatever you want, but pretending that you understand the full context of the issues at hand is ludicrous, whether you feel like it is or not.

Posting the same 'demands' over and over again, without any thought as to what may or may not be holding things up, and assuming that your top concerns are everyone's top concerns is annoying at best, and narcissistic at worst.

Have a nice day.

Last edited:
What do you think Lucid does with their manufacturing process and employees? Is there a mediocrity award they hand out daily? Do you think this most efficient HP per kG motor ever made in the history of cars was designed through encouraging complacency? They push for improvements up to the edge of impossibility, I can verify this occurs having had several off the record conversations with a Lucid engineer who was behind implementing many designs within the vehicle.

What demands on the vehicle you own @Samo23 do you feel Lucid doesn’t care about and is not working on or prioritizing?

i have yet to be rude, which is more than I can say for you, for what it's worth. Furthermore, I do not apologize for Lucid's flaws or anyone else's. I call them out when they fuck up, as I have done countless times.

Separately, I cut them slack when their explantations of things are reasonable rather than unreasonable, because I know what it's like to run a company.

Demand whatever you want, but pretending that you understand the full context of the issues at hand is ludicrous, whether you feel like it is or not.

Posting the same 'demands' over and over again, without any thought as to what may or may not be holding things up, and assuming that your top concerns are everyone's top concerns is annoying at best, and narcissistic at worst.

Have a nice day.

My response doesn't need be anywhere near as lengthy. There are those who ask questions, and get constant "it's not a big deal why are you even concerned about this" responses from the mods. If you think it's somehow not happening, look how many people are clearly aware of turned off by it. Am I the first? We come here to share problems and issues in order for the collective to hopefully find a solution or workaround. That's how every car forum works and it works well. Being an apologist and excuse maker isn't helping anyone. I'm not being rude. I just don't like how people who express frustration and critique get snarky responses instead of solutions. Won't find this type of discussion on a Honda Civic forum 😂

My response doesn't need be anywhere near as lengthy. There are those who ask questions, and get constant "it's not a big deal why are you even concerned about this" responses from the mods. If you think it's somehow not happening, look how many people are clearly aware of turned off by it. Am I the first? We come here to share problems and issues in order for the collective to hopefully find a solution or workaround. That's how every car forum works and it works well. Being an apologist and excuse maker isn't helping anyone. I'm not being rude. I just don't like how people who express frustration and critique get snarky responses instead of solutions. Won't find this type of discussion on a Honda Civic forum 😂
For every one who is turned off by mods trying to moderate the negativity, there are ten who are turned off by the incessant negativity. Statistically, the forum is far more negative than positive, as that is the nature of online forums in general, and product forums specifically. We try to moderate that as best we can.

I ask plenty of questions. I just do so with respect, as do most people here. I have posted plenty of workarounds and feedback, and @Bobby has how many workarounds and solutions named after him? He has yet to charge for his MagSafe wedge, despite materials and shipping, because he’s a nice dude who wants to be helpful. We all are. None of us get paid for this.

We are all on the same side. *All* we are asking for us a bit of moderation in *how* you say things, not in *what* you say. That should not be controversial.

If being an apologist means offering facts and a little perspective to rebut emotionally charged, irrational rants, then sure. I’m an apologist.

When Lucid screws up, I’m happy to call them out on it. As is easy to see in my many, many posts here. Same goes for all of us mods. But sometimes when people get fired up they can fail to see the problem from another point of view. So we like to offer that point of view. That’s all.

Now, if you like your anger and want to resist any and all rational response to it, go for it. But name calling is unnecessary.

I get frustrated and list the negatives of the car but if you are always doing that then you are THAT negative person. I think the car has come a long way and the list of positives sure out does the negatives.

Going back to the EA topic , I have mixed results at every station at the same location. I fully blame EA hardware/software for it. If I consistently got good connections and low speeds then it would be a lucid issue. But every station’s connection is different than the one next to it. Yesterday I went thru four stations ( these are the new ones with one cable ) to settle on one doing 62kw on a 350kw charger which is pretty bad.

I get frustrated and list the negatives of the car but if you are always doing that then you are THAT negative person. I think the car has come a long way and the list of positives sure out does the negatives.

Going back to the EA topic , I have mixed results at every station at the same location. I fully blame EA hardware/software for it. If I consistently got good connections and low speeds then it would be a lucid issue. But every station’s connection is different than the one next to it. Yesterday I went thru four stations ( these are the new ones with one cable ) to settle on one doing 62kw on a 350kw charger which is pretty bad.
And now with fewer bugs, we are beginning to notice the button layout and UI which is a good thing:D

Thanks for getting back to EA. In general it would be super helpful if people posted state of charge when noting what charge rate they are getting.
I took a trip from Greenville, SC to Birmingham. I charged at Commerce, SC on the way down and Douglasville, GA on the way back.
I was at about 50-60% both times just wanting a little more margin each direction.
The Good, both chargers I plugged in and they worked immediately as one would hope would always be the case.
The Bad, I preconditioned and temperatures were mild, so I expected 130-150kW to start, neither charger got over 100kW. Both bounced around at the beginning and settled in the 80's.
The Lucid did indicate charging limited by charger.

Not a big deal as I got enough charge during the time to take a bathroom break and buy something to drink, but had I been at a lower state of charge wanting to get to over 80%, it would have been a pretty disappointing rate of charge.

Ending on a positive note, whenever I plug in and it just works, I'm pretty happy.

Back