EA Megathread

That's only a little bit off from the charging curve in the Moloughney test: View attachment 7473At 10% they got 290kW or so, and at 40% they got 210kW or so.

I have actually gotten 335kW before, at an extremely low SOC, but it's not common.

At the end of the day, it still charges crazy fast, heh.
Since he did this test though we know that the car has gone well above the 305Kw he got. Like yourself, Kyle Conner and others have seen 330kw+. The 290Kw above is the highest I’ve experienced.

Like I said though, it seems Lucid is ahead of the tech available as the charging infrastructure just isn’t ready for high Kw charging. The EA stations in Santa Clarita and Kettleman City are the new 350’s. Sadly, they’re all balanced so the more cars at the location the less speed we get.

So, we effectively have this car that is hindered by what’s available infrastructure wise.

Like I said though, it seems Lucid is ahead of the tech available as the charging infrastructure just isn’t ready for high Kw charging. The EA stations in Santa Clarita and Kettleman City are the new 350’s. Sadly, they’re all balanced so the more cars at the location the less speed we get.
Yeah, I agree with you on this. Over time, I think the infrastructure will catch up.

I don't mind being future-proofed, and it still charges very fast at even 150-175kW. 🤷‍♂️

Stopped at the Santa Clarita location that’s just turned on the new chargers with 18 miles left, pre-conditioned and got 292kw which quickly tapered off in seconds.
I think Lucid is ahead of its time from a tech standpoint: The infrastructure can’t deliver the demands of the car.
Just stopped this afternoon. one of the charger stations there is already broken.

Just stopped this afternoon. one of the charger stations there is already broken.
So in other words, nothing is going to change with these new chargers. The network is a joke!

So in other words, nothing is going to change with these new chargers. The network is a joke!
See out of spec’s video on these new units. They’ve already bricked a Rivian twice, an ETron once and a Taycan. I used them in Albany NY (EA were such asses they pulled that site down through the Thanksgiving holiday weekend), plug and charge worked great but speeds it delivered were below the car’s charging curve, but that I think was due to their shared architecture and colder outside temps.

No issues at all from Seattle to Los Angeles. I stopped around 7 chargers charging for 15/20 minutes at a time. 5 chargers plug and play worked. 2 of them I needed to activate from the app.

This forum made me way more paranoid then I needed to be about EA.

No issues at all from Seattle to Los Angeles. I stopped around 7 chargers charging for 15/20 minutes at a time. 5 chargers plug and play worked. 2 of them I needed to activate from the app.

The EA issue seems to have bee resolved or at least is a lot better after 2.0.33

See out of spec’s video on these new units. They’ve already bricked a Rivian twice, an ETron once and a Taycan. I used them in Albany NY (EA were such asses they pulled that site down through the Thanksgiving holiday weekend), plug and charge worked great but speeds it delivered were below the car’s charging curve, but that I think was due to their shared architecture and colder outside temps.
It’s so frustrating to not see them being held accountable. Especially given the reason the network was built.

I reacted the same way to the forum, but I can see how the information is helpful, and I am grateful for the postings. Once, however, I did have a horror show at an EA installation, which is quite a frustrating experience. Seems to be getting better from my perspective, and so glad that it's going well for you.

It’s next to near impossible to get the charging speeds Lucid advertises. Just pulled back into the new EA station at Kettleman City. Pre conditioned the battery and pulled in with just shy of 10% and still maxed out at 274Kw and went down pretty quickly. At 38% I was on 164Kw…….

View attachment 7461
This reflects my experience at Kettleman.

The EA issue seems to have bee resolved or at least is a lot better after 2.0.33
That’s good to know, I’ll try my local EA again which hasn’t worked for me at any charger since early October.

These may solve connection issues? My issue is it will start charging for like 2 seconds then say charging error. Authentication works fine, it’s after it tries to start charging that it fails.
That is exactly what happened to mine. After two towings and many many errors, they towed it to the West Palm Beach location where it has now been for 3 weeks.

Nope. Just tried my local EA site (the only one in my state) and it still fails to charge 100% of the time on every charger, just as it has every time since October 21. It always authorizes, then quits 2 seconds after starting charging. I guess all I can hope for is EA rips these ABB units out and puts in the new ones.

Stopped in Anaheim. 3 of the EA chargers were not working - a screen with boot errors displaying. The fourth one I tried gave me a connection error with the first plug but finally worked with the second. It actually charged at 176 kW on the 150 kw charger, so was happy after the struggles. While I was charging, I had EA reboot the other three a few times and they finally came online after about 15’ on the phone. Those who came later can thank me, but it really should not be like this.

Stopped in Anaheim. 3 of the EA chargers were not working - a screen with boot errors displaying. The fourth one I tried gave me a connection error with the first plug but finally worked with the second. It actually charged at 176 kW on the 150 kw charger, so was happy after the struggles. While I was charging, I had EA reboot the other three a few times and they finally came online after about 15’ on the phone. Those who came later can thank me, but it really should not be like this.
I wish EA would get it together.

Thank you for your service. Sincerely.

Back