Dual MagSafe phone charging

steveairgt

Verified Owner
Cars
Lucid Air Grand Touring
Referral Code
83YOVHQD
Hi
i just stumbled on this online. Seems pretty cool. Has anyone tried this? Comments?

Hi
i just stumbled on this online. Seems pretty cool. Has anyone tried this? Comments?

Damn that's awesome actually

Hi

Just ordered one, will report back after I receive!

Have to say, this is very well done. Simple, elegant solution. Not very pricey, considering it comes with the charging pucks. If the magnets don’t suck, this is going to be a winner.

Nice product! I'm predicting a lot of "mobile keys" mistakenly left in cars though.

Hi

I’ve just now ordered one as well.
Thanks for posting about this.

This looks dope. Anyone have a referral link they wanna share? :)
I wish it were 15W per side, otherwise a really nice looking product. I think HOLDMYBEER gets 10%.

I wish it were 15W per side, otherwise a really nice looking product. I think HOLDMYBEER gets 10%.
That worked -- thanks Bobby! Just checked out. I wish it were 15W too -- I'll report here and see how I like it after it comes. The below URL will work for 15% off as well if anyone is on the fence (mods can remove this if referral links aren't allowed here)

Hey folks

Let me introduce myself - I am Iliya, and I and my wife (Maria) are the founders of TWRAPS. In short we started TWRAPS about 1.5 years ago. We're based in the Bay Area, California and we design, manufacture and ship our products ourselves (i.e. not outsourced abroad) in our facility in Concord, CA.

I noticed a lot of traffic coming in from here today, so I just wanted to drop by and say hi and introduce myself.
I haven't yet registered as a vendor here, but I will soon (so I can officially spam you every now and then 😃), but in the meantime if you have any questions, suggestions or any issues at all please reach out either here or via email at [email protected]. I am always happy to help!

Now for the specific product - the wireless charger, I just wanted to say this - I've only been able to test it on one Lucid Air, so I hope they are all the same. A few things that might cause issues if they are not (or at least the few that come to mind) are:
1. The cable leads or whatever those are, where we snap our charger, might be different between different cars.
2. The whole hole there might be slightly different (I've seen that with many cars unfortunately)
3. The power source might be different. Our charger currently supports 5V and 9V input, and in my experience so far most cars utilize either one of these, but in case Lucid upgraded to 15V only at some point, that won't work currently (but it might via the USB-A port, yet to be tested).

I am just saying this, because we literally just released our first bunch of Lucid products (after spending almost 3 weeks with the Lucid to make them), and I don't yet have enough data, so any feedback is very welcome and know this - if there are any issues I will either fix them and send you a new unit or your money back. That goes for all of our products, for all of the cars that we've developed.

Thanks!

Hey folks

Let me introduce myself - I am Iliya, and I and my wife (Maria) are the founders of TWRAPS. In short we started TWRAPS about 1.5 years ago. We're based in the Bay Area, California and we design, manufacture and ship our products ourselves (i.e. not outsourced abroad) in our facility in Concord, CA.

I noticed a lot of traffic coming in from here today, so I just wanted to drop by and say hi and introduce myself.
I haven't yet registered as a vendor here, but I will soon (so I can officially spam you every now and then 😃), but in the meantime if you have any questions, suggestions or any issues at all please reach out either here or via email at [email protected]. I am always happy to help!

Now for the specific product - the wireless charger, I just wanted to say this - I've only been able to test it on one Lucid Air, so I hope they are all the same. A few things that might cause issues if they are not (or at least the few that come to mind) are:
1. The cable leads or whatever those are, where we snap our charger, might be different between different cars.
2. The whole hole there might be slightly different (I've seen that with many cars unfortunately)
3. The power source might be different. Our charger currently supports 5V and 9V input, and in my experience so far most cars utilize either one of these, but in case Lucid upgraded to 15V only at some point, that won't work currently (but it might via the USB-A port, yet to be tested).

I am just saying this, because we literally just released our first bunch of Lucid products (after spending almost 3 weeks with the Lucid to make them), and I don't yet have enough data, so any feedback is very welcome and know this - if there are any issues I will either fix them and send you a new unit or your money back. That goes for all of our products, for all of the cars that we've developed.

Thanks!
Welcome! I ordered one and can let you know how it works on a DE when I get it.

I’m in Cupertino, so if you want to meet up at some point, I’m happy to let you test things on a DE. I want the screen protectors, but I’m waiting for the “all the screens” option :)

Hey folks

Thanks!
Welcome and appreciate the transparency! I'm super excited to get the charger and try it out. I'm considering the chrome delete on my 19" wheels as well .. is there any way to get photos of them (rendered would be okay too) on a Cosmos Silver Air?

Welcome! I ordered one and can let you know how it works on a DE when I get it.

I’m in Cupertino, so if you want to meet up at some point, I’m happy to let you test things on a DE. I want the screen protectors, but I’m waiting for the “all the screens” option :)
Thank you so much 🙏 Hopefully it will all work as expected, but if it doesn't I may have to take you up on that offer! :)
As for the screen protectors - I actually have them already, but I don't have the box for them yet, so I can't ship them for another several weeks until the boxes arrive 🤷‍♂️

Welcome and appreciate the transparency! I'm super excited to get the charger and try it out. I'm considering the chrome delete on my 19" wheels as well .. is there any way to get photos of them (rendered would be okay too) on a Cosmos Silver Air?
Thank you! So I took a render from Lucid's website and just colored the rims black (the 19") and here is what came up:
Screenshot 2023-04-21 at 1.19.07 AM.png

Thank you so much 🙏 Hopefully it will all work as expected, but if it doesn't I may have to take you up on that offer! :)
As for the screen protectors - I actually have them already, but I don't have the box for them yet, so I can't ship them for another several weeks until the boxes arrive 🤷‍♂️

Thank you! So I took a render from Lucid's website and just colored the rims black (the 19") and here is what came up:
View attachment 11642
Could I, uh, convince you I don’t need the fancy boxes? Haha. I’m fine with a FedEx box :)

Otherwise, I’ll let you know if I’m driving up north at all, and am happy to pick them up if I am.

Could I, uh, convince you I don’t need the fancy boxes? Haha. I’m fine with a FedEx box :)

Otherwise, I’ll let you know if I’m driving up north at all, and am happy to pick them up if I am.
Yes, not a problem if a box that big exists. But it doesn’t 😀 The big screen protector is very big! I can theoretically fold it a bit and just put it in an Amazon style box but it may get damaged :( so I have custom boxes ordered but because they are humongous the factory that makes them had to order and wait for a new size of cardboard sheets which are used for the rigid structure 🤷🏻‍♂️

Edit: just checked - the boxes I ordered are approximately 34”x14”x0.6”.

Yes, not a problem if a box that big exists. But it doesn’t 😀 The big screen protector is very big! I can theoretically fold it a bit and just put it in an Amazon style box but it may get damaged :( so I have custom boxes ordered but because they are humongous the factory that makes them had to order and wait for a new size of cardboard sheets which are used for the rigid structure 🤷🏻‍♂️

Edit: just checked - the boxes I ordered are approximately 34”x14”x0.6”.
I'm also down in the San Jose area, how far North are you located? ....I'm also waiting to order until I can snag the full kit.

Back