Drive System Fault

I have recently been getting an amber Drive System Warning upon first putting the car in reverse. It clears on its own after about 20 seconds, but the small amber warning icon remains on the lower right of the glass cockpit. Don't know how to clear it. Haven't contacted CS yet as it doesn't seem to be limiting performance...
Definitely contact customer care since you have seen this more than once. The logs will help trouble shoot the problem.

I have recently been getting an amber Drive System Warning upon first putting the car in reverse. It clears on its own after about 20 seconds, but the small amber warning icon remains on the lower right of the glass cockpit. Don't know how to clear it. Haven't contacted CS yet as it doesn't seem to be limiting performance...
I have the same and every time both in R and D since 12/23/22 and contacted CC that day. I also contacted the service center. They said i must come in immediately. However theyre so backed up i cant come until 01/19. SC advised me doing the 2-button reset method as it is common practice they advice customers they said. I said the forum lucid official strongly advice against it and sent the firtsto520 screenshot saying so to SC. The SC had no clue about this and now told me to wait until futher notice. This isnt the first time ive experienced their incompetence. Anyway, you better contact both CC and SC and follow up next day to see theyve it recorded. Ive experienced they dont sent ticket confirmation, and it seems they dont share a commom ticket system and SC may even rely on hand notes.

I have the same and every time both in R and D since 12/23/22 and contacted CC that day. I also contacted the service center. They said i must come in immediately. However theyre so backed up i cant come until 01/19. SC advised me doing the 2-button reset method as it is common practice they advice customers they said. I said the forum lucid official strongly advice against it and sent the firtsto520 screenshot saying so to SC. The SC had no clue about this and now told me to wait until futher notice. This isnt the first time ive experienced their incompetence. Anyway, you better contact both CC and SC and follow up next day to see theyve it recorded. Ive experienced they dont sent ticket confirmation, and it seems they dont share a commom ticket system and SC may even rely on hand notes.
I would call customer care if I were you. This is a classic case of the company’s pressure to deliver cars in order to satisfy Wall Street expectations when they knew a decent percentage of them would end up having to be returned for service. I had my car for a week and then it bricked which led to them having it for almost a month. All without one phone call saying “what can we do to make it right?”. Will be selling my car as soon as I get it back.

Drive system faults — on avg how quickly does Lucid fix such a thing?

I would call customer care if I were you. This is a classic case of the company’s pressure to deliver cars in order to satisfy Wall Street expectations when they knew a decent percentage of them would end up having to be returned for service. I had my car for a week and then it bricked which led to them having it for almost a month. All without one phone call saying “what can we do to make it right?”. Will be selling my car as soon as I get it back.
Please refrain from making assumptions and extrapolating those without specific evidence. I’m sorry about your experience; that sounds like it sucks. But there is no indication of intentional malice or that Lucid “knew” any percentage of them would fail.

Please refrain from making assumptions and extrapolating those without specific evidence. I’m sorry about your experience; that sounds like it sucks. But there is no indication of intentional malice or that Lucid “knew” any percentage of them would fail.
I’m basing my comments on the posts and experiences shared on this board as well as the poll of owners whose cars had to be towed to service centers for similar issues. Some of these people had their cars come to a stop on a highway or on a road trip with their families. While it’s a small sample, it’s happening to half of the owners who responded. My preference would be for Lucid to share more info with all of us but they haven’t. It’s a new company and things are gonna happen. I knew that when I bought the car. However, I’ve never owned a car where the manufacturer or service team would have your car for 2-4 weeks and you have to chase them down to communicate what is wrong with the car and what they are doing to fix it. Even when my Tesla in 2014 had issues, the service center would communicate daily or every couple days at the most. I want Lucid to succeed but I don’t see them taking advantage of the opportunity to care for the early buyers so that when people ask us about our experience, we can tell them that despite a few issues, they took great care of us. If there is another forum where leadership is sharing info please tell me. This is the only one I could find and there is no one you can call.

I’m basing my comments on the posts and experiences shared on this board as well as the poll of owners whose cars had to be towed to service centers for similar issues. Some of these people had their cars come to a stop on a highway or on a road trip with their families. While it’s a small sample, it’s happening to half of the owners who responded. My preference would be for Lucid to share more info with all of us but they haven’t. It’s a new company and things are gonna happen. I knew that when I bought the car. However, I’ve never owned a car where the manufacturer or service team would have your car for 2-4 weeks and you have to chase them down to communicate what is wrong with the car and what they are doing to fix it. Even when my Tesla in 2014 had issues, the service center would communicate daily or every couple days at the most. I want Lucid to succeed but I don’t see them taking advantage of the opportunity to care for the early buyers so that when people ask us about our experience, we can tell them that despite a few issues, they took great care of us. If there is another forum where leadership is sharing info please tell me. This is the only one I could find and there is no one you can call.
Which service center? Most service centers keep you updated constantly via text or email or calls. I’m curious as to which one you’re using that doesn’t communicate.

The polls here, as previously discussed in other threads, are not statistically significant samples - aka not all that useful.

Which service center? Most service centers keep you updated constantly via text or email or calls. I’m curious as to which one you’re using that doesn’t communicate.

The polls here, as previously discussed in other threads, are not statistically significant samples - aka not all that useful.
West Palm Beach is where my car is. If the poll I shared is not statistically significant (I agree that 20 people is low) maybe you can start a new one with verified owners so you can share that data with Lucid? Do you work for Lucid or do you have insight you can share?

West Palm Beach is where my car is. If the poll I shared is not statistically significant (I agree that 20 people is low) maybe you can start a new one with verified owners so you can share that data with Lucid? Do you work for Lucid or do you have insight you can share?
Yup. WPB has issues; I assumed that’s where your service center was. I have no idea why that SC is so crappy. It is the only one that users here consistently complain about. They really need to fix the WPB service center specifically.

Service elsewhere is generally spectacular.

I don’t work for Lucid, but the issue is that we don’t have a lot of owners on this forum, and those that we do have are generally lurking. The *posters* are largely those that have issues or complaints, statistically. Only Lucid would have proper numbers, but we can extrapolate a bit from the fact that there has been no recall, despite there having been multiple recalls for even much smaller issues.

It doesn't sound like you've received a diagnosis. If it is related to the Wunderbox and/or battery, I guess I was hopeful that version two of these components, which I'd assume would be installed in the Tourings, would help avoid this issue. Sorry you're having to go through this, please keep us updated as you learn more.

They are supposed to return the car this week and let me know on Friday that they replaced a high voltage battery pack but the person who called was relaying notes so it wasn’t clear. I will update you guys.

Yup. WPB has issues; I assumed that’s where your service center was. I have no idea why that SC is so crappy. It is the only one that users here consistently complain about. They really need to fix the WPB service center specifically.

Service elsewhere is generally spectacular.

I don’t work for Lucid, but the issue is that we don’t have a lot of owners on this forum, and those that we do have are generally lurking. The *posters* are largely those that have issues or complaints, statistically. Only Lucid would have proper numbers, but we can extrapolate a bit from the fact that there has been no recall, despite there having been multiple recalls for even much smaller issues.
What is the best way for me to become a verified owner? And is there a place where owners are communicating and sharing that you know of? I appreciate you leading this forum. I know it’s a hard role.

What is the best way for me to become a verified owner? And is there a place where owners are communicating and sharing that you know of? I appreciate you leading this forum. I know it’s a hard role.
There are some Telegram groups around various areas, but I don’t know if there’s one for Florida.

And thanks for the kind words. It’s a pretty thankless role, generally, heh, and mostly filled with accusations of bias and/or vitriol. :) We really do try to be fair and consistent, so your words actually do mean a lot. :)

There are some Telegram groups around various areas, but I don’t know if there’s one for Florida.

And thanks for the kind words. It’s a pretty thankless role, generally, heh, and mostly filled with accusations of bias and/or vitriol. :) We really do try to be fair and consistent, so your words actually do mean a lot. :)

Hang in there. I am curious what kind of feedback you would get that would be helpful to Lucid if you surveyed the verified owners you have on this forum.

Hang in there. I am curious what kind of feedback you would get that would be helpful to Lucid if you surveyed the verified owners you have on this forum.
Lucid monitors this forum. But, the verified owners here represent only 2-3% of all Lucid deliveries.

Well hello Lucid! I should point out that while I didn’t hear from anyone the first 2 1/2 weeks my car was in service, Mandy from the WPB service center did reach out to apologize and followed up twice last week to update me on my car.

Back