RESOLVED Deteriorating Service

Definitely feeling this. I have a combination camera/radar sensor issue and they are telling me they can't even look at it till the middle of May, on something I reported three weeks ago.

Definitely feeling this. I have a combination camera/radar sensor issue and they are telling me they can't even look at it till the middle of May, on something I reported three weeks ago.
The only thing to do is to get an appointment the moment you notice an issue since it does take time to get seen.

The only thing to do is to get an appointment the moment you notice an issue since it does take time to get seen.

Yeah, I've been trying. My service center (Beverly Hills) takes weeks to even return my calls. It's ridiculous.

Yeah, I've been trying. My service center (Beverly Hills) takes weeks to even return my calls. It's ridiculous.
The volume of complaints about service on this forum have been increasing. Generally, the comments seem to approve of the actual service but not getting to that service. Not answering calls; persons answering calls can't help; long delays in service appointments. What is concerning to me is that as Lucid sells more cars, it will perforce have need for more services which suggests that it might even get worse. If BMW, Mercedes, Audi, Cadillac, Genesis, etc. can provide better services, eventually that will turn into sales for them and not for Lucid.

Lucid is selling expensive luxury cars. It needs to match the price and quality of the car with much better after sales service. Several week delays for scheduled maintenance is fine with me; one can anticipate that and schedule ahead of time. But when a car breaks down on the road, Lucid needs to be able to respond immediately to calls, texts and appointments. If it can't take a car in for repair for several weeks, it should still take the car and offer the owner a reasonable loaner.

Consumers who spend this kind of money on cars expect quality service and will quickly go elsewhere if it falls short.

The volume of complaints about service on this forum have been increasing. Generally, the comments seem to approve of the actual service but not getting to that service. Not answering calls; persons answering calls can't help; long delays in service appointments. What is concerning to me is that as Lucid sells more cars, it will perforce have need for more services which suggests that it might even get worse. If BMW, Mercedes, Audi, Cadillac, Genesis, etc. can provide better services, eventually that will turn into sales for them and not for Lucid.

Lucid is selling expensive luxury cars. It needs to match the price and quality of the car with much better after sales service. Several week delays for scheduled maintenance is fine with me; one can anticipate that and schedule ahead of time. But when a car breaks down on the road, Lucid needs to be able to respond immediately to calls, texts and appointments. If it can't take a car in for repair for several weeks, it should still take the car and offer the owner a reasonable loaner.

Consumers who spend this kind of money on cars expect quality service and will quickly go elsewhere if it falls short.
Let me get this straight: a non-owner, who has never personally experienced Lucid customer service, is using the extremely small sample size of this forum (which, like most Internet forums, is skewed to the negative), to draw conclusions about customer service. To be honest, I think a post like this is completely unnecessary.

For comparison, I went to the GV60 forum where I found a 33 page post about problems with the vehicle. Link: GV60 problems. I have therefore concluded that consumers will quickly go elsewhere. This is based on my extensive experience with the GV60 which includes seeing one on the road last month. I guess I’ll join that forum and complain about the car I don’t have and the service I never experienced.

Let me get this straight: a non-owner, who has never personally experienced Lucid customer service, is using the extremely small sample size of this forum (which, like most Internet forums, is skewed to the negative), to draw conclusions about customer service. To be honest, I think a post like this is completely unnecessary.

For comparison, I went to the GV60 forum where I found a 33 page post about problems with the vehicle. Link: GV60 problems. I have therefore concluded that consumers will quickly go elsewhere. This is based on my extensive experience with the GV60 which includes seeing one on the road last month. I guess I’ll join that forum and complain about the car I don’t have and the service I never experienced.

I'm an owner and I think the conclusion is correct. The customer service has been abysmal. I've appreciated that I've been able to get help from reps on this forum, but this shouldn't be required. I've had nothing but problems with my vehicle since I got it in November and none of my problems appear to be rare.

I'm an owner and I think the conclusion is correct. The customer service has been abysmal. I've appreciated that I've been able to get help from reps on this forum, but this shouldn't be required. I've had nothing but problems with my vehicle since I got it in November and none of my problems appear to be rare.
You literally just received a direct message from corporate. Did you talk to them about it? Are things getting resolved?

I respect that you have not had a good experience. I hope that by working with @mcr16 you have a better one moving forward.

To my knowledge, most owners have not had your experience, so I genuinely hope that yours improves!

You are correct. The GV60 forum is similarly filled with complaints about service. One difference is that for the GV60, service is provided by independent dealers like BMW, MB, etc. So generalization is more difficult. In one post there I said:
"
I agree with Ed. Each dealer will have different standards, so while one dealer’s service can be crappy, another dealer’s service can be excellent. So if we want to rate service departments,someone should set up a viewable database for each of our dealers and let owners rank their sense of how well that dealer does in a variety of categories. It is important to mention that someone having a bad experience will be much more vocal about the experience than someone who is pleased….
Good idea.

I an coming up on my 5K maintenance so I emailed the Genesis Concierge at my dealership telling him I am a few weeks out, have a squeaky sound when I back out of my garage (brakes?) and I can drop off my car but want a loaner.
He emailed me back with an appointment on Mayday and promised me a loaner.

This is my first test of the allegedly white glove Genesis service at my local dealer (Genesis of North Scottsdale). When I was driving a BMW, I always got BMW loaners; curious what loaner they will provide to me. If I am stuck on the road, I will press the infinity button on the car; otherwise my plan is to let the Concierge do the work, not me."

You will see in the posts at the Genesis site that I note that if I encounter that kind of service, rather than the white glove treatment promised by Genesis, I will be trading in my GV60 for a different brand of car.

My comments are about all luxury cars. Lucid is competing with BMW, Mercedes, Audi, etc. and providing quality service is a good part of that. From what I have seen and heard, the actual service provided by Lucid is superb. The potential problem is getting to that service and the communications around it.

I can live with delays in getting appointments for scheduled maintenance. If I can't handle that, it is time to give up driving. But if my car breaks down, I do expect to be able to get my emergency call answered by someone who can properly handle it, get my car towed and provide me with a reasonable loaner ((I understand that Lucid is a new company and might not be able to provide me with a Lucid loaner but if I am driving a luxury car, I expect a somewhat similar loaner (even a quality ICE vehicle if my car will not be for long).

I am very much aware of the limited value of forums such as this one and the one for the Genesis. Here is one post I made on the Genesis forum:

I an coming up on my 5K maintenance so I emailed the Genesis Concierge at my dealership telling him I am a few weeks out, have a squeaky sound when I back out of my garage (brakes?) and I can drop off my car but want a loaner.

He emailed me back with an appointment on Mayday and promised me a loaner.

This is my first test of the allegedly white glove Genesis service at my local dealer (Genesis of North Scottsdale). When I was driving a BMW, I always got BMW loaners; curious what loaner they will provide to me. If I am stuck on the road, I will press the infinity button on the car; otherwise my plan is to let the Concierge do the work, not me."

Here is another post of mine from the Genesis forum:

"These reports are horrible. So far I have not had to have my car in for any reason. But if I were facing the kind of service that has been reported here, I would sue Genesis over its false representations (it helps that I am a retired litigator so I would represent myself).

Allegedly my dealership has a Genesis concierge.

But...as I have said, so far my car has been rock solid with no servicing needs (other than resetting the info system and that was done when I pressed the infinity button and spoke with the Genesis person who told me how to do a reboot. Very simple and it worked)."

Here is another one of my posts about initial problems:

"i guess the Lucid checklist won't do. I am not aware of any. Just like the Lucid forum, this one is filled with complaints from major to minor. I would peruse the forum to see which issues might be identifiable in your inspection.

Definitely get the contact info for your sales person and the Genesis concierge in the dealership. Most of the complaints have been around Genesis customer service rather than the vehicle itself...much like the Lucid again. Every car company includes some neat features and leaves other out. For the GV60 there are no soft close doors. On the other hand, it does have easy entry/easy exit.

Welcome to the Genesis world. A lot of neat features but the driving won't compare to the Lucid Air."

I cancelled my Lucid reservation because of poor communications from Lucid. I expected to hear on November 15, 2022 about the specification set for the RWD Pure. A few months later, with still no information, I got the GV60 and cancelled my Lucid reservation.

So, yes, I am very much aware of the complaints about Genesis service on the Genesis forum. I am equally unwilling to put up with that whether it is for the Lucid Air or the Genesis GV60. A number of years ago I sold a BMW back to BMW as a quasi lemon law sale. As a consumer I expect not only a good product but excellent service and I am willing to pay for it.

From everything I have seen and heard, the Lucid service providers are superb. But while the forum responses are not statistically valid, there are enough of them regarding the process of getting to an actual repair person to raise questions.

I have noticed that the wait time for CS is longer now so I just let them call me back. Call back times, for me at least, seem to be under 30min.

Service from the Houston center is still excellent.

I used the lucidmotors.com site to request/schedule service (issues with trunk auto-close and window that no longer goes up or down) this past weekend. Still no response from anyone. Not sure if that route has slower response time than contacting customer care through the app. Going to give it another week before I reach out through the app.

I used the lucidmotors.com site to request/schedule service (issues with trunk auto-close and window that no longer goes up or down) this past weekend. Still no response from anyone. Not sure if that route has slower response time than contacting customer care through the app. Going to give it another week before I reach out through the app.
Reach out through the app. It is far more responsive.

It's kind of shocking but I guess every location has different loads regarding how many people are coming in and scheduling.

My local technician, and the customer service team, as well as Seattle and Colorado locations are extremely superb.

Multiple texts and followups leading into service, before service, and weeks after service as well.
They really want to make sure I'm a happy customer and I really appreciate them.

I agree that having Marqie and reps on the forums helps look at your issues to be seen sooner, but a simple text message to CA has done wonders for me. And if you can get your local technicians number after he does service to your car, texting him can get you in pretty quick too cause he can put in a work order or get you in contact quickly.

I'm actually about to make a new forum post with a review regarding my superb service.

Another happy customer. And I'm a secondary owner, which is a big deal with how well they've done.

Our mobile service in SD county with Frank has been superb. Just completed my 12k service with him. He told me that he has over 130 cars that he has serviced in the county. There are probably more as one person with 14k miles just had him visit for the first time for a 12k service, so no warranty visits. Probably a lot more like him as this car is so well built. Also, they just hired a second mobile tech who lives in Riverside county. I have been very happy with the service.

Our mobile service in SD county with Frank has been superb. Just completed my 12k service with him. He told me that he has over 130 cars that he has serviced in the county. There are probably more as one person with 14k miles just had him visit for the first time for a 12k service, so no warranty visits. Probably a lot more like him as this car is so well built. Also, they just hired a second mobile tech who lives in Riverside county. I have been very happy with the service.

Frank has been completely wonderful!

Can you tell me where I can find out what the service intervals are, and what work is done? I looked through the Owners Manual online, and I couldn’t find anything under the chapter, Maintenance.
Thanks.

Frank has been completely wonderful!

Can you tell me where I can find out what the service intervals are, and what work is done? I looked through the Owners Manual online, and I couldn’t find anything under the chapter, Maintenance.
Thanks.
12k miles or 1 year whichever comes first

What was done and what was the cost?

Back