RESOLVED Deteriorating Service

Not making an excuse here, but my Jaguar waited seven weeks at the dealership for a part. They were very nice about it, gave me a loaner, and felt terrible about the delay. Sometimes when they say they are waiting for a part, they are as anxious as you are to get things fixed but handcuffed by supply.
To me, the issue is communications. I can wait for a repair if the company responds to me quickly, provides me with a reasonable loaner and keeps me updated. Parts are a problem still for all automakers. Just talk to us.

Not making an excuse here, but my Jaguar waited seven weeks at the dealership for a part. They were very nice about it, gave me a loaner, and felt terrible about the delay. Sometimes when they say they are waiting for a part, they are as anxious as you are to get things fixed but handcuffed by supply.
The problem is not that my car is waiting for a part from Lucid.

The problem is that Bel-Red Auto Rebuild can't even examine the underside of my car till they get a part for their bench table. Only then can they decide on a repair plan.

If Lucid had contracted with Bel-Red Auto Rebuild to repair their cars in case of an accident, why did they certify them as a Lucid approved center, when they do not even have the capability to even examine the car properly.

I don't really see the excuse for this. Lucid and Bel-Red should have been prepared beforehand to receive cars that were in accidents.

Just found out from my insurer that they have received another Lucid in an accident, and same thing. They can't do anything until they have that same part that should have been there before they were certified.

Lucid are you listening.

🤷‍♂️

IMG_1335.jpeg

What, did they make the guy already there redundant, and now they’re looking for a new guy?
Not sure. Unless they have multiple Service Managers at Service Centers but that would be strange given the size of the BH location. I know he survived the layoffs so this is certainly recent if he is gone.

Has anyone been able to reach customer service recently? My door handle stopped presenting itself (so I can't open my driver door anymore) and instead makes an empty gun clip sound. It was cool for scaring gawkers for the first few days, but it's getting a bit old now. I've tried text, email, and phone for several days and I have not been able to reach anyone.
@RedwoodEmpire , I just joined the same club. I have the exact same issue and sound that you posed on Youtube. This started just today. I have emailed and texted customer service. So far nothing but it's the weekend and I'll give them a pass. Hopefully someone gets back to me on Monday from Millbrae because that sound drives me nuts.

@RedwoodEmpire, let me know if what the status of this door latch issue is. What's the timeline on getting this fixed?

It will require a full replacement of the door handle assembly according to Chris in Millbrae. He said they will need to remove the window so that sounds to me like they will need to remove the door card to get to it. Also, if you have a wrap, the wrap on the door handle will need to be installed again since the original door handle is mated to the assembly it sounds like. He is fitting me in on May 8th but had an opening as soon as May 2nd.

The problem is not that my car is waiting for a part from Lucid.

The problem is that Bel-Red Auto Rebuild can't even examine the underside of my car till they get a part for their bench table. Only then can they decide on a repair plan.

If Lucid had contracted with Bel-Red Auto Rebuild to repair their cars in case of an accident, why did they certify them as a Lucid approved center, when they do not even have the capability to even examine the car properly.

I don't really see the excuse for this. Lucid and Bel-Red should have been prepared beforehand to receive cars that were in accidents.

Just found out from my insurer that they have received another Lucid in an accident, and same thing. They can't do anything until they have that same part that should have been there before they were certified.

Lucid are you listening.
The solution is Lucid tows your car to Lucid service center and puts it up on their equipment so the body shop people can inspect it, so at least they can come up with a plan/timeline. It’s true that that equipment should have been available and it’s a problem, but given this summer my wife’s Subaru with 29k miles on it was in the shop for 12 weeks waiting for a brake booster, if a massive Japanese automaker can’t get a part for a car which has more volume than Lucid will ever likely build in their entire future, then I guess I’m not surprised this necessary piece of equipment wasn’t available yet, even though yes it should be. This is the world in which we live. ☹️. Sorry for your damages though which don’t yet have an estimated resolution timeline!

Anyone else having trouble scheduling an appointment for the 12K service at Millbrae? I haven’t heard anything from Millbrae since I initiated that request through Lucid customer service. More than that it’s the broken door latch and the awfully loud noise it makes every single time I get in and drive that’s driving me nuts.

Anyone else having trouble scheduling an appointment for the 12K service at Millbrae? I haven’t heard anything from Millbrae since I initiated that request through Lucid customer service. More than that it’s the broken door latch and the awfully loud noise it makes every single time I get in and drive that’s driving me nuts.
I scheduled mine 2 weeks ago and it got picked up yesterday. No issues, have you tried talking to Chris?

If you call customer support and tell them you've been waiting they can patch you through to either Chris or Richard in Millbrae. Or if you call Lucid Millbrae directly you can get a hold of them. Morning before the rush may work better. They just hired more technicians but not service advisors just yet.

So your situation is definitely unique as I've never seen Lucid give bad service. And I've always been handled with care and respect.

The service I've seen from Lucid over the 15 months I've owned the cars has generally been exemplary, but there have been a couple of dips that coincided with recalls. The most serious one was when our car went in for the tow hook recall. That recall examination could not be done in the field, which meant a lot of cars were showing up at Service Centers in a compressed time frame. On top of that, the repair, if needed, was labor intensive as it required the removal of the front bumper.

No service organization I've ever encountered is resourced for peak loads at all times, and Lucid will be no different.

However, these observations apply only to the Service Centers and the Mobile Tech crews. Calling 24-hour Customer Service is a different matter. Calls that were answered promptly in the early days now invariably entail staying on hold for 20 minutes or more before a service rep comes on line. This is not caused by peak loading. It's caused by under-resourcing for steady-state demand.

... now invariably entail staying on hold for 20 minutes or more before a service rep comes on line. This is not caused by peak loading. It's caused by under-resourcing for steady-state demand.
Alternately, consider that the support process seems to be heavily biased to human interaction rather than providing effective self help (which would reduce the support load).

As an example, support has stated to me that the way to read the current owner's manual is best provided by reading it "in car" (from the pilot panel) or on a phone app... Fail. Neither screen is appropriate for reading a large PDF. I personally would much rather read it on my desktop computer... but there's the rub, it is hard to find the current version for your software level... so instead we (customers) call with questions that could be self answered if we had easy access to the materials... they (the vendor) spends valuable support time both taking the call, and then providing "an answer" by taking screen image shots of pages from the manual and emailing those jpg files to us, all because they don't have a URL with an easily searched/consumed PDF to point us to.

Alternately, consider that the support process seems to be heavily biased to human interaction rather than providing effective self help (which would reduce the support load).

As an example, support has stated to me that the way to read the current owner's manual is best provided by reading it "in car" (from the pilot panel) or on a phone app... Fail. Neither screen is appropriate for reading a large PDF. I personally would much rather read it on my desktop computer... but there's the rub, it is hard to find the current version for your software level... so instead we (customers) call with questions that could be self answered if we had easy access to the materials... they (the vendor) spends valuable support time both taking the call, and then providing "an answer" by taking screen image shots of pages from the manual and emailing those jpg files to us, all because they don't have a URL with an easily searched/consumed PDF to point us to.
I believe the owners manual in your dashboard should mirror the one on the pilot panel, but I'm not 100% sure on that. Either way, you can access one on your computer by logging into your Lucidmotors.com account and going to your virtual glovebox.

I believe the owners manual in your dashboard should mirror the one on the pilot panel, but I'm not 100% sure on that. Either way, you can access one on your computer by logging into your Lucidmotors.com account and going to your virtual glovebox.
Interesting... but no... "This page got unplugged."
And it is interesting that support has never pointed to that solution either (which did not exist in the Oct 2022 time frame, and doesn't work today).
It also doesn't change my basic comment: that support as currently structured is heavy on hand holding rather than self help.

I scheduled mine 2 weeks ago and it got picked up yesterday. No issues, have you tried talking to Chris?
I got my 12K service scheduled for May 8th. I was trying not to bother Christopher but finally texted him. I wish I could get an earlier date due to that really annoying door latch issue that also need to be fixed but Millbrae must be backed up.

I got my 12K service scheduled for May 8th. I was trying not to bother Christopher but finally texted him. I wish I could get an earlier date due to that really annoying door latch issue that also need to be fixed but Millbrae must be backed up.
When I booked my appt they were a few weeks out as well. Chris told me they were very very busy. I’m having them replace the steering wheel at the same time so I don’t have to bother them again.

Interesting... but no... "This page got unplugged."
And it is interesting that support has never pointed to that solution either (which did not exist in the Oct 2022 time frame, and doesn't work today).
It also doesn't change my basic comment: that support as currently structured is heavy on hand holding rather than self help.
Hi, @njg-agt. Can you let me know if this is still an issue for you?

Just got my door latch fixed in Millbrae - it was a relatively quick turnaround and Chris was able to have someone fix it such that the handle did not need re-wrapping.

Back