RESOLVED Deteriorating Service

xtnmcg

Cars
Grand Touring Quantum Gre
I live 100 miles from nearest Lucid service center, so hopefully these issues are unique to my situation and not impacting others. I’ve had to have my GT serviced three times over the last 6 months and the service has deteriorated each time. The first time (cameras), the service center promptly and happily send a flatbed and booked me a rental as a loaner. The second (tire issues), they took a bit to schedule a flatbed and I was told there were no loaners or rentals available. The third time (front radar), just a few weeks ago, was terrible. They towed my car, kept it for over a week with no communication, could not provide a loaner or rental and had a service tech drive it back to my house since they could not book a tow. I’m watching the Lucid stock price decline and hope it doesn’t mean the existing owners are going to receive less and less service and support.

I live 100 miles from nearest Lucid service center, so hopefully these issues are unique to my situation and not impacting others. I’ve had to have my GT serviced three times over the last 6 months and the service has deteriorated each time. The first time (cameras), the service center promptly and happily send a flatbed and booked me a rental as a loaner. The second (tire issues), they took a bit to schedule a flatbed and I was told there were no loaners or rentals available. The third time (front radar), just a few weeks ago, was terrible. They towed my car, kept it for over a week with no communication, could not provide a loaner or rental and had a service tech drive it back to my house since they could not book a tow. I’m watching the Lucid stock price decline and hope it doesn’t mean the existing owners are going to receive less and less service and support.
My best advice is to contact @Firstto520 or contact Customer Service and ask to speak to Patricia who is the manager there. My interaction with them has been exceptional and I have no doubt they'll take care of you even if there is miscommunication between you and your service center.
Sometimes there are no options, but I've always received multiple people communicating with me while my car was in service but also regarding the tow and followup.

So your situation is definitely unique as I've never seen Lucid give bad service. And I've always been handled with care and respect.

So give those 2 a message and see if it helps.

I live north of Los Angeles, so Beverly Hills.
Dang, I've always had good service at BH. They are severely limited by space and by the City.

Hi, @xtnmcg.

I am sorry to hear of your experience. If you don't mind DMing me your name and contact info, I will pass your feedback along to our service leadership for their awareness.

Marqie

BH Service Center has deteriorated for sure.

Issue 1
My car was booked in 24th March for a frunk repair which was about 2 to 3 weeks after the incident occurred but given the issue wasn't a roadblock I understand why I was pushed down the queue. Leading up to the 24th I heard nothing from Lucid, no appointment reminder or anything. I live in Valencia so LA traffic on a weekday is always fun to deal with. I was en route to the Service Center to arrive at 10am and get a call at 9am to say they have no loaner for me and need to reschedule. I was already halfway to the Service Center and I advised them that I would stay while they fixed at which point it was the first time I was told they would need the car for a week and a half. Rescheduled for 6th April, turn around and head back home.

Issue 2
Even after the stuff up they wouldn't guarantee a loaner when I was due to head back on the 6th. I advised them to call me 24 hours before the appointment to confirm a loaner was available and was told "we'll try but make no promises". I then contacted the Area Manager to advise that what happened in issue 1 and the fact they didn't want to guarantee a loaner upon my second trip down isn't great customer service for a luxury brand. He agreed and to his credit tried to rectify the situation. Was informed that I would be be called by the Service Manager on the 28th. 28th came and went and wasn't until I contacted the Area Manager once again on the 30th that I received a call from the Service Manager.

Issue 3
Due to the original stuff up and them wanting the car longer I told them rather than making multiple trips to the Service Center I would like a number of annoyances \ issues rectified. I provided the list to the Area Manager and assumed he passed it to the Service Center. I figured if they were waiting on parts for the frunk they could address the other issues while they were waiting along with doing the 12 month service. When contacted by the Service Center I asked them if they were going to address the other issues along with the frunk and they had no idea what I was talking about. I provided the list again and was told they would be looked at \ addressed along with the service.

Issue 4
I get the service order yesterday and 3 items I requested to be looked at are missing yet a bunch of items I didn't ask for (like the bear decal) were on the list. I call the Service Center yesterday and can't get through so I left a voicemail to be called back. Didn't get a call back and only a text this morning asking to sign the DocuSign. I advised that items were missing and I need it revised so I provided the 3 missing items AGAIN. 5 minutes later a revised service order via DocuSign comes over and it's STILL missing an item. I respond back to the Service Center saying it's still not correct 3 hours ago and have heard nothing back

I agree, the Service Center in BH is small but it seems that the left hand isn't talking to the right hand and question how efficient they would be if they just paid more attention to the customers request in the first place. I'm sharing my current experience not to be negative but simply responding to the OP's topic. if its taken as me "always whining" once again then so be it but things are far from perfect in the Lucid world unfortunately which is sad.

EDIT: You can't make this up. I was just sent a revised service order and its still incorrect 😔

Last edited:

Issue 1
My car was booked in 24th March for a frunk repair which was about 2 to 3 weeks after the incident occurred but given the issue wasn't a roadblock I understand why I was pushed down the queue. Leading up to the 24th I heard nothing from Lucid, no appointment reminder or anything. I live in Valencia so LA traffic on a weekday is always fun to deal with. I was en route to the Service Center to arrive at 10am and get a call at 9am to say they have no loaner for me and need to reschedule. I was already halfway to the Service Center and I advised them that I would stay while they fixed at which point it was the first time I was told they would need the car for a week and a half. Rescheduled for 6th April, turn around and head back home.

Issue 2
Even after the stuff up they wouldn't guarantee a loaner when I was due to head back on the 6th. I advised them to call me 24 hours before the appointment to confirm a loaner was available and was told "we'll try but make no promises". I then contacted the Area Manager to advise that what happened in issue 1 and the fact they didn't want to guarantee a loaner upon my second trip down isn't great customer service for a luxury brand. He agreed and to his credit tried to rectify the situation. Was informed that I would be be called by the Service Manager on the 28th. 28th came and went and wasn't until I contacted the Area Manager once again on the 30th that I received a call from the Service Manager.

Issue 3
Due to the original stuff up and them wanting the car longer I told them rather than making multiple trips to the Service Center I would like a number of annoyances \ issues rectified. I provided the list to the Area Manager and assumed he passed it to the Service Center. I figured if they were waiting on parts for the frunk they could address the other issues while they were waiting along with doing the 12 month service. When contacted by the Service Center I asked them if they were going to address the other issues along with the frunk and they had no idea what I was talking about. I provided the list again and was told they would be looked at \ addressed along with the service.

Issue 4
I get the service order yesterday and 3 items I requested to be looked at are missing yet a bunch of items I didn't ask for (like the bear decal) were on the list. I call the Service Center yesterday and can't get through so I left a voicemail to be called back. Didn't get a call back and only a text this morning asking to sign the DocuSign. I advised that items were missing and I need it revised so I provided the 3 missing items AGAIN. 5 minutes later a revised service order via DocuSign comes over and it's STILL missing an item. I respond back to the Service Center saying it's still not correct 3 hours ago and have heard nothing back

I agree, the Service Center in BH is small but it seems that the left hand isn't talking to the right hand and question how efficient they would be if they just paid more attention to the customers request in the first place. I'm sharing my current experience not to be negative but simply responding to the OP's topic. if its taken as me "always whining" once again then so be it but things are far from perfect in the Lucid world unfortunately which is sad.

EDIT: You can't make this up. I was just sent a revised service order and its still incorrect 😔
Politely showing how Lucid can improve service is not whining. I get great service from Scottsdale but worry about getting the same level of service as more cars are delivered. It seems that BH which was good is now slipping.

Indeed the layoffs have hit every center hard. In Houston, the service advisor and tech that picked up my car said the people let go were good people, "thrown under the bus" was how they described it. That along with the first quarter push to deliver cars meant it took them a week to get my Air back for the coolant hose bracket issue.

@Firstto520 was laid off from Lucid two weeks ago - part of the 18% force reduction. Services & marketing were cut hard ...

Oh, no!!! Not Len?! I’m really, really bummed. In a week of unfortunate but not life-threatening happenings in my world, this is just the capper I didn’t need.

The loss of @Firstto520 from Lucid, and from our group, just makes the Lucid layoffs very real. This is disappointing news indeed.

Wishing Len all the best. I’m sure he’ll land on his feet, wherever he ends up.

Issue 1

Issue 2

Issue 3

Issue 4

Hi, @HC_79.

I am sorry to hear about your experience. I have shared your post with the service team for their awareness.

Marqie

Service team is doing their best. I imagine they are moving more cars, meaning more owners, and the staff hasn't grown to match. Let's hope Lucid knocks it out of the park this year so they can scale more.

Oh, no!!! Not Len?! I’m really, really bummed. In a week of unfortunate but not life-threatening happenings in my world, this is just the capper I didn’t need.

The loss of @Firstto520 from Lucid, and from our group, just makes the Lucid layoffs very real. This is disappointing news indeed.

Wishing Len all the best. I’m sure he’ll land on his feet, wherever he ends up.
A bad week for me as well... though im in high school.

Hope not. I've seen service decline at Tesla for my MS. One of the reasons I wanted to switch.

Hope not. I've seen service decline at Tesla for my MS. One of the reasons I wanted to switch.

Me too. When I heard murmurings about Lucid not providing loaner cars, my first thought was, “uh, oh…not this again…”

It took about five years from the sale of the first Model S, for Tesla’s service to start deteriorating. The slide has continued ever since.

Has anyone been able to reach customer service recently? My door handle stopped presenting itself (so I can't open my driver door anymore) and instead makes an empty gun clip sound. It was cool for scaring gawkers for the first few days, but it's getting a bit old now. I've tried text, email, and phone for several days and I have not been able to reach anyone.

Back