RESOLVED Deteriorating Service

Basic service making sure everything is in working order. The 2 year will have the battery fluid replaced.

But on this one:
replace the 3 air filters
replace wiper blades
replace key fob batteries
replace visor batteries
replaced 4 riviets
pulled all diagnostics from the car
quality inspection
Software version check and update if not current.
tire rotation (on the 19’s only, but I declined this since the wear did not warrant it) and pressure check / adjust

Labor 277.20
air filters 63.73
fob batteries 6.00
visor batteries 12.00
wiper blades 16.90 and 16.51
Rivets 9.92
total 402.28 plus tax on parts

…. And the dog got some “cheese-it’s’ from Frank. She always expects them now as Frank always brings some for her. I think she looks forward to visits from Frank.

My first service has been prompt. I have been patiently waiting on few issues that are not major but concerns me when I am driving including few fit and finish that I noticed.
I have contacted service 3-4 times. I do get immediate reply stating that service should be following up ASAP.
I know the current situation but I am not sure how long I should be waiting... It's already been a month...

Basic service making sure everything is in working order. The 2 year will have the battery fluid replaced.

But on this one:
replace wiper blades
replace visor batteries
replaced 4 riviets
quality inspection
tire rotation (on the 19’s only, but I declined this since the wear did not warrant it) and pressure check / adjust

Labor 277.20
air filters 63.73
fob batteries 6.00
visor batteries 12.00
Rivets 9.92

…. And the dog got some “cheese-it’s’ from Frank. She always expects them now as Frank always brings some for her. I think she looks forward to visits from Frank.

That's actually not too bad. It doesn't seem like they are marking up the parts much.

It's kind of shocking but I guess every location has different loads regarding how many people are coming in and scheduling.

My local technician, and the customer service team, as well as Seattle and Colorado locations are extremely superb.

Multiple texts and followups leading into service, before service, and weeks after service as well.
They really want to make sure I'm a happy customer and I really appreciate them.

I agree that having Marqie and reps on the forums helps look at your issues to be seen sooner, but a simple text message to CA has done wonders for me. And if you can get your local technicians number after he does service to your car, texting him can get you in pretty quick too cause he can put in a work order or get you in contact quickly.

I'm actually about to make a new forum post with a review regarding my superb service.

Another happy customer. And I'm a secondary owner, which is a big deal with how well they've done.

I think we both have the same service provider, James McElroy. I feel quite fortunate to have him in the area. He understands customer service, is extremely responsive and very very knowledgeable.

I have been thrilled with the service thus far. A couple minor past hiccups with delays in customer service( not James ) responding to my inquiries, but otherwise fantastic.

Sad to hear of negative experiences, but wanted to emphasize that positives also abound.

But on this one:
replace wiper blades
replace visor batteries
replaced 4 riviets
quality inspection

Labor 277.20
air filters 63.73
fob batteries 6.00
visor batteries 12.00
Rivets 9.92

So… can one refuse the batteries? Seem silly to pay to replace a battery when not needed.

So… can one refuse the batteries? Seem silly to pay to replace a battery when not needed.
Yes. But mine were all needed.

Yes. Brake fluid will degrade over time even if the brakes are not used.

Brake fluid is hygroscopic = it will absorb moisture from the air. If it gets too "wet" you'll get steam bubbles and spongy brakes because the fluid gets hot and the water boils to vapor. You don't want any gas in your brake lines. The two year brake fluid change is SOP for all vehicles, although few seem to know this.

I can't remember when I last used the brakes on the lucid. : )

Let me get this straight: a non-owner, who has never personally experienced Lucid customer service, is using the extremely small sample size of this forum (which, like most Internet forums, is skewed to the negative), to draw conclusions about customer service. To be honest, I think a post like this is completely unnecessary.

For comparison, I went to the GV60 forum where I found a 33 page post about problems with the vehicle. Link: GV60 problems. I have therefore concluded that consumers will quickly go elsewhere. This is based on my extensive experience with the GV60 which includes seeing one on the road last month. I guess I’ll join that forum and complain about the car I don’t have and the service I never experienced.
1682722248498.png

This is killing me im laughing so hard

But on this one:
replace wiper blades
replace visor batteries
replaced 4 riviets
quality inspection

Labor 277.20
air filters 63.73
fob batteries 6.00
visor batteries 12.00
Rivets 9.92

Thanks for posting! I think I’ll book Frank for my 12K service now.

I think we both have the same service provider, James McElroy. I feel quite fortunate to have him in the area. He understands customer service, is extremely responsive and very very knowledgeable.

I have been thrilled with the service thus far. A couple minor past hiccups with delays in customer service( not James ) responding to my inquiries, but otherwise fantastic.

Sad to hear of negative experiences, but wanted to emphasize that positives also abound.
James is excellent. His new assistant is also from Mercedes, so they both have a feel already for excellent customer service and vip type customers.

Are you in Utah? We should meet up!
Brake fluid is hygroscopic = it will absorb moisture from the air. If it gets too "wet" you'll get steam bubbles and spongy brakes because the fluid gets hot and the water boils to vapor. You don't want any gas in your brake lines. The two year brake fluid change is SOP for all vehicles, although few seem to know this.

I can't remember when I last used the brakes on the lucid. : )
Thank you for the explanation!! It makes sense.
View attachment 11869
This is killing me im laughing so hard
@Bobby that's hilarious!

James is excellent. His new assistant is also from Mercedes, so they both have a feel already for excellent customer service and vip type customers.

Are you in Utah? We should meet up!

Thank you for the explanation!! It makes sense.

@Bobby that's hilarious!

I am in Idaho Falls. Will let you know if I head down your way; maybe this Autumn.

It’s just a clown show here start to finish. I was able to get my car in but then they didn’t look at it for a while. Now they are claiming they can’t replicate faults when I gave them times when it occurred. They need to cause the faults on an active drive if it’s not being displayed.

Apparently the software doesn’t save the prior faults so I need to get the car in when it’s actively happening. Except it takes them two weeks+ to even respond to my tech escalations.
Also, they have no courtesy/loaner cars available due to the sheer number of vehicles in the shop.

Back