Deposit Refund

Status
Not open for further replies.
Makes sense to me. Hard to manage your budget on “hopeful” income.

Not to mention, the accountants will be very happy to put the whole “legacy pricing” behind them.

I would have thought though Lucid will be forced to continue with EV credit or some discounting. Model S still available at 90k and Touring at 111k is significantly higher. Interiors are much better but software lags so 20k delta is a big hurdle.

I would have thought though Lucid will be forced to continue with EV credit or some discounting. Model S still available at 90k and Touring at 111k is significantly higher. Interiors are much better but software lags so 20k delta is a big hurdle.
I am not sure the software lags anymore. For me, the Tesla now lags because of the absence of CarPlay. We have had very few bugs reported and everything continues to improve. Although we still don’t have fart capability.

I am not sure the software lags anymore. For me, the Tesla now lags because of the absence of CarPlay. We have had very few bugs reported and everything continues to improve. Although we still don’t have fart capability.
Tesla is atleast a few years ahead still in software even though Tesla will never be able to catch-up with Lucid on build quality and driving dynamics. If Lucid wants to sell more cars, they would need to reconsider pricing point. The used car market is telling us the same. The price increase that happened last year may need to be revered at some Point. Prices are coming down everywhere and I hope Lucid is able to negotiate cost of parts lower .

Lucid is going through all orders that have not been finalized despite invitations and clearing them out if a person does not choose to finalize. We had a second order that was still open and we got a call from an SA who mentioned the same. It appears Lucid Management wants to know the actual orders that they can count on.
I am not so sure about this. I have an Pure reservation that I was given 10 day to finalize in November and did not respond. It is still active and I am being offered legacy pricing.

I am not so sure about this. I have a Pure reservation that I was given 10 day to finalize in November and did not respond. It is still active and I am being offered legacy pricing.
That’s very interesting. The SA told us we can either finalize by next week or it will be cancelled. The reasoning given was what I stated above that Mgmt wanted a better count of remaining orders and clear up the queues. Interestingly, I never received email, just a phone call today.

Tesla is atleast a few years ahead still in software even though Tesla will never be able to catch-up with Lucid on build quality and driving dynamics. If Lucid wants to sell more cars, they would need to reconsider pricing point. The used car market is telling us the same. The price increase that happened last year may need to be revered at some Point. Prices are coming down everywhere and I hope Lucid is able to negotiate cost of parts lower .
Tesla lowered their prices and still ended up with unsold cars this past quarter. Going cheap is not the answer.

You can’t make the Air any cheaper, anyway. Not without a complete redesign. That’s why the price increase was necessary in the first place.

Recession. Economic downturn. Whatever you want to call it. It’s effecting the entire market, but particularly luxury goods. Lucid is a luxury brand. They are going to face challenges until things swing back around. And it’s looking like that may take a while.

And I reject this notion of Tesla being “ahead” of anyone in software. By what standard? People throw around statements like this all the time when there’s zero evidence to back them up.

In the three years I had my Model 3, the software got demonstrably worse. Items that were always on screen and a single tap away got buried in inscrutable tabs. Instances of phantom braking and other autopilot and FSD strange behaviors increased. Supposed finished features like automatic wipers and parking, which in reality were half-baked, never improved. Screen real estate for cartoon animations ballooned, while important functions and information were shrunk or moved off screen entirely.

Tesla lost whatever lead it may have had years ago.

Lucid still has a way to go on the stability front. But they’ve made so much progress in such a short time in software that I’m less worried than I used to be.

Lucid is going through all orders that have not been finalized despite invitations and clearing them out if a person does not choose to finalize. We had a second order that was still open and we got a call from an SA who mentioned the same. It appears Lucid Management wants to know the actual orders that they can count on.
As well they should.

I actually think these "reservations" of $300/Pure $1000/Touring are meaningless. They lack any serious commitment. Lucid should require 5% so as to get a more accurate and dependable view of demand and stop wasting their time.

I am not so sure about this. I have an Pure reservation that I was given 10 day to finalize in November and did not respond. It is still active and I am being offered legacy pricing.
You have a track record of buying a Lucid; maybe that is enough to keep your reservation.

I cancelled my confirmed Pure order. It was cancelled last week after multiple reminders but I've not been refunded $300 deposit I put Oct 2020.

Contractually, they don't need to refund $300 given I confirmed the order (Nov 2022) but the only reason I cancelled order because they didn't bother to reply any of my follow-ups. It was frustrating at best but I'm glad they did. That saved me the hassle to putting $100K with them.

I did ask nicely to refund $300 as customer goodwill so I can remain a potential customer. I had Touring and Pure reservations from 2020 (when they opened). So, I did have lots of interest in this car but I got turned-off completely by their engagement. Maybe I don't meet their high standards. Like all other emails, they have NOT bothered to reply.

I'm completely out.

I cancelled my confirmed Pure order. It was cancelled last week after multiple reminders but I've not been refunded $300 deposit I put Oct 2020.

Contractually, they don't need to refund $300 given I confirmed the order (Nov 2022) but the only reason I cancelled order because they didn't bother to reply any of my follow-ups. It was frustrating at best but I'm glad they did. That saved me the hassle to putting $100K with them.

I did ask nicely to refund $300 as customer goodwill so I can remain a potential customer. I had Touring and Pure reservations from 2020 (when they opened). So, I did have lots of interest in this car but I got turned-off completely by their engagement. Maybe I don't meet their high standards. Like all other emails, they have NOT bothered to reply.

I'm completely out.
Not sure if I am understanding this… You decided to cancel the car because they didn’t respond to you when you canceled? Seems a little strange but, your decision. You’re missing out for sure. It’s a wonderful car.

Not sure if I am understanding this… You decided to cancel the car because they didn’t respond to you when you canceled? Seems a little strange but, your decision. You’re missing out for sure. It’s a wonderful car.
It is more. As I read the post, the OP is upset that they didn't respond to his request for a refund that he knows he isn't entitled to. I would not have cancelled for that reason.

But...the lack of communication is what led me to cancel. I kept waiting and waiting for the spec for the RWD Pure and figured that at least I would get them on the 11/15 announcement. Nope. I waited and waited and then I cancelled.

@Bobby @Steveinarizona Thank you both.

Let me quickly clarify as two things got mixed-up. I was adding info in this thread as it is related to refund, not necessarily to elaborate the reason of cancellation.

I asked to cancel just because they didn't bother to respond to any of follow-up on the Pure order I confirmed back in Nov 2022. I would be one of the earliest reservation holder for Pure, they should have at least updated me on some ETA. That lead to my frustration (I'm sure many can relate) as I can't keep waiting forever.

Now, once I made-up my mind to cancel, I drop an email request to cancel, that also took quite a few back n forth before they actually did. No acknowledge at any point. I got automated cancellation one day that would based on account alert.

Once it was formally cancelled then I asked for courtesy refund as I only confirmed order back in Nov because I was hoping I'd get by Dec. That didn't happen so at a minimum they can just refund the deposit. No acknowledgement either.

I know I've no legal claim on that money so I'm no holding any grudge. But, if they would have refunded then I'd have returned at some point.

My goal was to just share my experience on the refund.

@Bobby @Steveinarizona Thank you both.

Let me quickly clarify as two things got mixed-up. I was adding info in this thread as it is related to refund, not necessarily to elaborate the reason of cancellation.

I asked to cancel just because they didn't bother to respond to any of follow-up on the Pure order I confirmed back in Nov 2022. I would be one of the earliest reservation holder for Pure, they should have at least updated me on some ETA. That lead to my frustration (I'm sure many can relate) as I can't keep waiting forever.

Now, once I made-up my mind to cancel, I drop an email request to cancel, that also took quite a few back n forth before they actually did. No acknowledge at any point. I got automated cancellation one day that would based on account alert.

Once it was formally cancelled then I asked for courtesy refund as I only confirmed order back in Nov because I was hoping I'd get by Dec. That didn't happen so at a minimum they can just refund the deposit. No acknowledgement either.

I know I've no legal claim on that money so I'm no holding any grudge. But, if they would have refunded then I'd have returned at some point.

My goal was to just share my experience on the refund.
They do have a tendency to refund. Can take a while though.

They do have a tendency to refund. Can take a while though.
I got mine without even asking. Remember how short staffed the company was before the layoffs. The existing staff must be going crazy trying to keep up. If I can give one piece of advice it would be: "Just be nice".

I didn’t get mine back. But given I cancelled my order after I already had the VIN, and likely only a couple of weeks out from delivery, I figured this was fair enough so didn’t fight them for it.

I didn’t get mine back. But given I cancelled my order after I already had the VIN, and likely only a couple of weeks out from delivery, I figured this was fair enough so didn’t fight them for it.
I'm in the same position, cancelled but not expecting anything back

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back