Deposit Refund

Status
Not open for further replies.

cwang089

Anyone successfully get their deposit refunded after the binding contracts?

Lucid took away lane keep and 300kw charging on the Pure. When I originally reserved they said Dream Drive would include features common in basic AP which Tesla has basic autopilot/lane keep essentially. SA said he doesn't have the authorization to refund, escalated to design store manager and he said he doesn't have authorization either. Its been 1.5 weeks since I made the request. I had 2 reservations but only cancelling one.

They also gave the BS excuse that they can't do 300kw because the battery is too small. The kia/hyundais have small batteries and can do 300kw so that is BS. They are just trying to push people into the GT line

Anyone successfully get their deposit refunded after the binding contracts?

Lucid took away lane keep and 300kw charging on the Pure. When I originally reserved they said Dream Drive would include features common in basic AP which Tesla has basic autopilot/lane keep essentially. SA said he doesn't have the authorization to refund, escalated to design store manager and he said he doesn't have authorization either. Its been 1.5 weeks since I made the request. I had 2 reservations but only cancelling one.

They also gave the BS excuse that they can't do 300kw because the battery is too small. The kia/hyundais have small batteries and can do 300kw so that is BS. They are just trying to push people into the GT line
I do believe some folks here have reported getting their deposit refunded after the binding contract. You can cite the lack of lane keep in Dream Drive as your reason, and they should, as far as I know, accept that and give you back your money. Especially considering you have another reservation you have not yet canceled. Can't imagine they'd want to lose both reservations.

There are also many electricians on this forum who can explain the exact reasons why the 300kW thing is not BS, as you state. Has to do with voltage, etc. That stuff goes right over my head, because I'm not an electrical engineer. But trust me, the math doesn't lie. At the end of the day, the Pure will replenish its smaller battery just about as fast as a GT would, so getting caught up on the exact kW numbers sort of misses the point. In the real world, 300kW chargers give you 150kW or less most of the time, anyway. It's one of those "stats" that EV manufacturers chase, but don't really live up to the hype. Similar to "theoretical" WiFi speeds.

The changes to Dream Drive are unfortunate. I still believe Lucid will eventually offer some sort of lane keep in the Dream Drive system. They just aren't confident in that yet. Software is a work in progress. But like I said, they should accept that as a reason to give you back your deposit. Keep us up to date. Can't blame you for being upset about that.

Finally, the notion that Lucid would risk you waking away from an $87k purchase in order to "push" you into a GT doesn't pass muster. Think about it. Would they prefer yoiu buy a GT? Of course. But if it's a choice between angering you enough to walk away or selling you the Pure, which would you take?

I, too, had 2 reservations. Cancelled one without any problems. No questions asked. Lucid didn’t not even want to roll the money over. Money simply was refunded.

I do believe some folks here have reported getting their deposit refunded after the binding contract. You can cite the lack of lane keep in Dream Drive as your reason, and they should, as far as I know, accept that and give you back your money. Especially considering you have another reservation you have not yet canceled. Can't imagine they'd want to lose both reservations.

There are also many electricians on this forum who can explain the exact reasons why the 300kW thing is not BS, as you state. Has to do with voltage, etc. That stuff goes right over my head, because I'm not an electrical engineer. But trust me, the math doesn't lie. At the end of the day, the Pure will replenish its smaller battery just about as fast as a GT would, so getting caught up on the exact kW numbers sort of misses the point. In the real world, 300kW chargers give you 150kW or less most of the time, anyway. It's one of those "stats" that EV manufacturers chase, but don't really live up to the hype. Similar to "theoretical" WiFi speeds.

The changes to Dream Drive are unfortunate. I still believe Lucid will eventually offer some sort of lane keep in the Dream Drive system. They just aren't confident in that yet. Software is a work in progress. But like I said, they should accept that as a reason to give you back your deposit. Keep us up to date. Can't blame you for being upset about that.

Finally, the notion that Lucid would risk you waking away from an $87k purchase in order to "push" you into a GT doesn't pass muster. Think about it. Would they prefer yoiu buy a GT? Of course. But if it's a choice between angering you enough to walk away or selling you the Pure, which would you take?

i know time wise there is very little difference between 300kw and 250kw but I already get 250kw on my Teslas. The 300kw is a big psychological point for me when you line up pros and cons.

I have emailed twice and spoken to 2 different people. The last time was on Saturday with design studio manager of newport beach. I even tweeted at LucidMotors. I even told them I'd keep 1 but if they didnt give the $300 back I'd cancel both.

I think my refund request was timed just as Lucid sales got the memo to stem reservation cancellations. Blogs are reporting sales are to call reservation cancellers 14 times to stop reservation cancellations.

I think my refund request was timed just as Lucid sales got the memo to stem reservation cancellations. Blogs are reporting sales are to call reservation cancellers 14 times to stop reservation cancellations.
Yeah, the whole 14 times thing turned out to be nonsense, as described elsewhere on the forum. Yes, they'd keep calling if you didn't answer your phone. That's what any company would do with a reservation holder who was unresponsive. But anyone who picked up the phone and said "not interested" was left alone after.

There are a lot of publications out there spreading FUD. Lots of folks with a vested interest in seeing Lucid fail. Go figure. Nothing new for the EV industry.

I don't feel like lucid has gotten to the point I was told on dream drive pro.
For that reason I have requested a refund of my 1k and was told it can't be refunded because my car is in the queue (even though it's a stealth). I was told I can put a 90 day hold on and give the car up and lose my spot in the queue.
But even without it they would not refund because they know I had one.
Feels weird, anyone have the name
If someone that refi fed as I have heard mixed things.

Those of us who made the decision to make our reservation not refundable did so knowingly. I was one of them. I had no expectation of a refund nor right to one. When I decided to cancel I simply sent them a note saying please cancel. I did not expect a refund of my non refundable $300 deposit.

Much to my surprise Lucid credited me back the $300 on my credit card. That was very nice of Lucid and has left a nice feeling in me toward Lucid and makes it more likely that my next car will be a Lucid.

I waited nearly 6 months for my AGT. It still had not started build. I got impatient, saw a great deal on a used AGT and bought that instead. Lucid refused to refund my $1000 deposit. As much as I love the car, I felt they should not have kept that deposit - especially because I did in fact buy a (used) Lucid AGT and they still had not even started to build my car. I asked if I could move my deposit to a Gravity, as I had planned on buying one. They declined that as well. Now, I'm pretty sure I'll buy something else.

Those of us who made the decision to make our reservation not refundable did so knowingly. I was one of them. I had no expectation of a refund nor right to one. When I decided to cancel I simply sent them a note saying please cancel. I did not expect a refund of my non refundable $300 deposit.

Much to my surprise Lucid credited me back the $300 on my credit card. That was very nice of Lucid and has left a nice feeling in me toward Lucid and makes it more likely that my next car will be a Lucid.
I have no idea why I had the exact opposite experience. It seems arbitrary to me. Not refunding a deposit on a delayed order seems small minded to me - it does not seem appropriate for a customer willing to buy two $100K+ vehicles.

I waited nearly 6 months for my AGT. It still had not started build. I got impatient, saw a great deal on a used AGT and bought that instead. Lucid refused to refund my $1000 deposit. As much as I love the car, I felt they should not have kept that deposit - especially because I did in fact buy a (used) Lucid AGT and they still had not even started to build my car. I asked if I could move my deposit to a Gravity, as I had planned on buying one. They declined that as well. Now, I'm pretty sure I'll buy something else.
I asked the same thing on the gravity, the reality is they advertised dreamdrive pro as shooting for level 3 and at this point it can't handle rain. So sure they can stand on they have the right to keep it but loss of good will is huge.
Shoot even telsa gave me a non refundable deposit back at one point for solar and I soon after bought a Tesla model S (this was in 2022).

Exactly, small price to pay to make
You feel positive vs negative to the company

I will also add you would think they would want to let legacy people out to sell the car to a full price person, screams demand problem to me. If not they would say great and sell the car for 10k more.

One other thing to add, it started because I said I wanted grey not black and even though it has not been build they said if I change the color I lose legacy pricing.

I put my reservation on hold back in October of last year. I was recently contacted by my advisor that they would honor the legacy pricing again if I wanted to continue with my order. Seems odd they offer that to me yet tell you that you might lose the legacy pricing because of a color change. Doesn’t inspire confidence.

I put my reservation on hold back in October of last year. I was recently contacted by my advisor that they would honor the legacy pricing again if I wanted to continue with my order. Seems odd they offer that to me yet tell you that you might lose the legacy pricing because of a color change. Doesn’t inspire confidence.
I agree, I cannot see how a color change on a stealth package (has not started yet) matters.

Well, I got a random email today saying my order was canceled and they refunded me 1k.
Not sure exactly why they canceled or refunded but I guess that makes me
Decision for me. I hope to be an owner at some point but not sure I want to be on the early adopter side.

Well, I got a random email today saying my order was canceled and they refunded me 1k.
Not sure exactly why they canceled or refunded but I guess that makes me
Decision for me. I hope to be an owner at some point but not sure I want to be on the early adopter side.
Weird. Lately the press has been reporting that Lucid has improved its manufacturing capacity but its order sheet has been shrinking. I would think that it would do whatever it could to retain customers, not cancel them without being asked to do that.

Weird. Lately the press has been reporting that Lucid has improved its manufacturing capacity but its order sheet has been shrinking. I would think that it would do whatever it could to retain customers, not cancel them without being asked to do that.
wonder if he was part of the legacy pricing reservation that never finalized their order. now that it's way past the 30 day finalizing window, maybe lucid is automatically canceling those reservations.

you think they'd just "convert" those legacy pricing reservations to current pricing reservations, but i can see why lucid decided to not go that route

Lucid is going through all orders that have not been finalized despite invitations and clearing them out if a person does not choose to finalize. We had a second order that was still open and we got a call from an SA who mentioned the same. It appears Lucid Management wants to know the actual orders that they can count on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back