Lane-keep/centering departure intervention

Ampere

Verified Owner
Cars
Honda Accord Hybrid
Discussed the lack of lane keep/centering with my SA after yesterday's announcement confirming the lack of lane keeping/centering on the Air Pure with standard DreamDrive. I pointed out that most $20K cars now offer this. He said I'm not the first to bring this up and it has been escalated to"internal teams" for evaluation. While I can live without it, it's a useful feature. I certainly won't pay $10K extra for it by upgrading to DreamDrive Pro. I assume this feature can be implemented in software so it doesn't really cost them anything.

Discussed the lack of lane keep/centering with my SA after yesterday's announcement confirming the lack of lane keeping/centering on the Air Pure with standard DreamDrive. I pointed out that most $20K cars now offer this. He said I'm not the first to bring this up and it has been escalated to"internal teams" for evaluation. While I can live without it, it's a useful feature. I certainly won't pay $10K extra for it by upgrading to DreamDrive Pro. I assume this feature can be implemented in software so it doesn't really cost them anything.
Exactly my thoughts, except for the fact that it could be enabled by software.

My understanding is that lane centering uses the lidar and other extra hardware you get when you pay for DD Pro. So no way to enable this via software alone.

I certainly hope they consider a solution for standard DD, as this feature is a deal breaker for me.

I was going to cancel my reservation this morning, but will wait to see if anything new comes up on this topic in the next few weeks (and until I need to commit to an order).

Actually, in most cars on the road, lane centering is accomplished with a camera. If the car can't see the lane markings, the auto-lane centering stops working. Even the base DreamDrive includes sufficient camera(s).

My understanding is that lane centering uses the lidar and other extra hardware you get when you pay for DD Pro. So no way to enable this via software alone.
Since LiDAR cannot see lane markings, I am surprised that HA cannot be done with Just cameras and radar. LiDAR is very good at determining the location of other cars and objects in the road which could be very useful for traffic jam assist. where you are following another car rather than the lane markings.

Since LiDAR cannot see lane markings, I am surprised that HA cannot be done with Just cameras and radar. LiDAR is very good at determining the location of other cars and objects in the road which could be very useful for traffic jam assist. where you are following another car rather than the lane markings.
If the cameras can't see the lines it follows the car in front of you. @copper has a video of it somewhere...

If the cameras can't see the lines it follows the car in front of you. @copper has a video of it somewhere...
If Lucid is uncomfortable with that a feature relying on cameras and radars only, then they could program DreamDrive to alert driver to take over when lane lines become difficult to see on non DDPro cars.

I assume DDPro cars already do this when lane lines are not visible and no lead car exists.

If Lucid is uncomfortable with that a feature relying on cameras and radars only, then they could program DreamDrive to alert driver to take over when lane lines become difficult to see on non DDPro cars.

I assume DDPro cars already do this when lane lines are not visible and no lead car exists.
My 2018 BMW constantly loses lane lines when they seem crystal clear to me. One of the first things I did was to turn off the lane assistant!

This reminds of how Porsche would sell you a 120k cayenne and then charge you for extra for the “premium package” for keyless ignition. I think I remember Mercedes would do something similar. The package has to have at least one feature that is definitely worth it.

Back