Touring -> Pure Downgrade after Confirmed Order

Pax

Cars
Air Touring
I put in an order for Touring back in August when the Inflation Act passed in hopes of locking in the $7500 credit. However, after the November 15 reveal, I've decided to downgrade to a Pure as 1) my spec is likely to be one of first Pure deliveries and 2) Touring isn't worth the $15k for me. SA has been very helpful and submitted the ticket, but is taking longer than I initially expected. He has not indicated this might not be possible, but I'm wondering if the binding agreement might affect it.

Has anyone had experience with this? Since I signed the binding non-refundable contract I'm understanding that the $1000 deposit might be forfeit, but might be able to keep my original reservation date and order soon. Otherwise, I would need to reserve today again.

I put in an order for Touring back in August when the Inflation Act passed in hopes of locking in the $7500 credit. However, after the November 15 reveal, I've decided to downgrade to a Pure as 1) my spec is likely to be one of first Pure deliveries and 2) Touring isn't worth the $15k for me. SA has been very helpful and submitted the ticket, but is taking longer than I initially expected. He has not indicated this might not be possible, but I'm wondering if the binding agreement might affect it.

Has anyone had experience with this? Since I signed the binding non-refundable contract I'm understanding that the $1000 deposit might be forfeit, but might be able to keep my original reservation date and order soon. Otherwise, I would need to reserve today again.
I would think they would just transfer your deposit over to the Pure. Sure, you are spending less money than agreed to originally, but it's still better than spending nothing. And you deposited more than you had to for a Pure.

I could see them pushing you to the back of the line in terms of delivery. But taking your $1k seems a bit petty, since you aren't walking away from buying altogether.

Keep us posted on what happens.

Just updating here, as it looks like Grandfathered Price of Touring to Pure post there are others in the same situation. I talked with my SA and he's been very helpful with the downgrade effort. However, the current situation is that they will allow me to downgrade to the Pure and only retain my reservation date but not the old pricing. If I were to downgrade from Touring to Pure, I would be invited to finalize tomorrow (or very soon) but with the new pricing.

This makes things pretty iffy on if I want to now since a spec'd out Touring is 111k, and a new pricing spec'd out Pure is 110k. I'd be getting the Fathom Blue + everything for the initial batch, which would make me eligible for the $7.5k credit if and only if I get it before Dec 31, 2022. Though that's a big if on saving $8k when I can have a Touring for just 1k more.

I want to mention that my SA has been very helpful and did everything he could, ultimately it was his manager that said the final no.

I spoke with a Lucid sales representative instead of my studio advisor. I got a refund of $700 off my originally $1000 Touring deposit to equal a $300 Pure deposit processing immediately. The "binding contract" has not been necessarily been honored as many have received refunds on their "confirmed orders" from pre- August 16. You will keep your original reservation date. I'm not sure what it means for the "confirmed order" in regards to locking in the tax incentive if switching from Touring to Pure.

Just updating here, as it looks like Grandfathered Price of Touring to Pure post there are others in the same situation. I talked with my SA and he's been very helpful with the downgrade effort. However, the current situation is that they will allow me to downgrade to the Pure and only retain my reservation date but not the old pricing. If I were to downgrade from Touring to Pure, I would be invited to finalize tomorrow (or very soon) but with the new pricing.

This makes things pretty iffy on if I want to now since a spec'd out Touring is 111k, and a new pricing spec'd out Pure is 110k. I'd be getting the Fathom Blue + everything for the initial batch, which would make me eligible for the $7.5k credit if and only if I get it before Dec 31, 2022. Though that's a big if on saving $8k when I can have a Touring for just 1k more.

I want to mention that my SA has been very helpful and did everything he could, ultimately it was his manager that said the final no.
It seems more likely to receive certain configurations of Touring by end of this year than an initial production configuration of Pure

Spoke with my advisor and he gave me more details. They allow one upgrade or downgrade i.e. Touring to Pure or Pure to Touring. I already used up mine in 2021 when I upgraded from Pure to Touring. Thus, they won't allow another downgrade.

You could circumvent this with multiple reservations, but that's the final situation. Either way, I'll be finalizing the Touring tonight.

Spoke with my advisor and he gave me more details. They allow one upgrade or downgrade i.e. Touring to Pure or Pure to Touring. I already used up mine in 2021 when I upgraded from Pure to Touring. Thus, they won't allow another downgrade.

You could circumvent this with multiple reservations, but that's the final situation. Either way, I'll be finalizing the Touring tonight.
Interesting, they'd still allow me to upgrade my Pure back to a Touring even now

Back