DD Versions, Trial, and Upgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got an email today from Lucid Sales informing me my 90 day trial ends next week and gives me options of SSP for $4500, DDPro for $12,000 or DDPremium (3D Surround View Monitoring and Blind Spot Display) for $4500. All plus sales tax and states it can be purchased at any point in the future.

I really don't look at the blind spot display and as much as I like the 360 degree 3D display, it's not worth $2500 to me. I'll stick with the base Touring with metal roof.

There is a charge for wireless connectivity? I don't understand- how would it work if I don't pay for wireless connectivity and how much would it be?
No one knows, because they haven’t started charging yet. But Tesla charges $10 per month, I think?

Without it, you’d only get connectivity when on WiFi. So you’d have to download local maps (which you can) ahead of time for navigation. And updates would require a WiFi connection. And no streaming music or entertainment, of course.

This is all pretty standard. And very clearly delineated in your purchase agreement.

Now that they are starting to inform free trial DDPro users about the end of the free ride, I suspect connectivity will be coming soon.

For anyone who has had their car more than a year, that is.

ugh... i got the notice today as well, mine was right at 90 days. i guess so long to ddp - really liked the highway assist.

Maybe the next big software update will be July 5th but instead of adding features it will remove features 😂

had the same thought - since i'm pretty sure not everyone that got the email today bought on the same day! anyway - since we can upgrade at any time, i'm opting to go a bit without the ddp - i actually love driving the vehicle, so not sure if i'll miss the ha... except on the long highway drives. we'll see - probably just get much worse kw/mi with me in control! ;)

had the same thought - since i'm pretty sure not everyone that got the email today bought on the same day! anyway - since we can upgrade at any time, i'm opting to go a bit without the ddp - i actually love driving the vehicle, so not sure if i'll miss the ha... except on the long highway drives. we'll see - probably just get much worse kw/mi with me in control! ;)
Adaptive cruise control works better for me because I can keep my distance from semis on the right and you have to have your hands on the wheels with highway assist so might as well move them. I’ll miss the surround camera, but not enough to spend another $2,500.

Adaptive cruise control works better for me because I can keep my distance from semis on the right and you have to have your hands on the wheels with highway assist so might as well move them. I’ll miss the surround camera, but not enough to spend another $2,500.
To the Lucid company employees on this forum, The surround view is now table stakes with a lot of less premier brands on their vehicles. Not a class move for a class vehicle. Is this desperation for revenue or executives hired from other companies who do not know any better.

To the Lucid company employees on this forum, The surround view is now table stakes with a lot of less premier brands on their vehicles. Not a class move for a class vehicle. Is this desperation for revenue or executives hired from other companies who do not know any better.
Let’s be careful not to identify a singular feature and generalize to the car and the entire company. Please review our guidelines about this very narrative. Thank you very much.

My counter argument is go build cars with Porsche, Mercedes, BMW, Ferrari, etc and see what features are included in the base price of anything. Less premier brands have to offer features to add value to their offerings, luxury brands don't. Whether or not Lucid has established itself as a luxury brand is a separate discussion.

Most if not all would say Hyundai offers good value, but if you could choose between a Hyundai vs. Mercedes, many would choose the latter.

My counter argument is go build cars with Porsche, Mercedes, BMW, Ferrari, etc and see what features are included in the base price of anything. Less premier brands have to offer features to add value to their offerings, luxury brands don't. Whether or not Lucid has established itself as a luxury brand is a separate discussion.

Most if not all would say Hyundai offers good value, but if you could choose between a Hyundai vs. Mercedes, many would choose the latter.
Makes sense and agreed. Point is be very clear upfront with complete terms and conditions shared. If that level of due diligence was not followed, introduce that on a certain date and move on when the system is mature. Time for Lucid could be better spent focusing on other things, this is from a shareholder angle. Would like to see them focus on big things and fast, instead of spending bandwidth on small items.

Ferrari charges $4,000+ for CarPlay. https://www.motorbiscuit.com/most-expensive-apple-carplay-new-cars/

No one knows, because they haven’t started charging yet. But Tesla charges $10 per month, I think?

Without it, you’d only get connectivity when on WiFi. So you’d have to download local maps (which you can) ahead of time for navigation. And updates would require a WiFi connection. And no streaming music or entertainment, of course.

This is all pretty standard. And very clearly delineated in your purchase agreement.

Now that they are starting to inform free trial DDPro users about the end of the free ride, I suspect connectivity will be coming soon.

Hmm. Seems pretty petty for a $120k vehicle to have to pay $10 extra per month to be able to use the tech that was pitched to sell the vehicle (especially since it is installed - now they won't let you use it?). So CarPlay, Spotify, Alexa, none of that would work without connectivity? Which is pretty much the whole tech panel?

I don't think that a lot was really clear in the time leading up to the purchase and it was a pretty rushed walk through at pick up after they had the money. They showed the surround camera but definitely did not say it was a trial. I did know that DD was not ready to roll (which is fine as where I am there is so much construction and poor signage/markings I would be years from being able to use it).

I suppose we will see more frustration from owners chatter continue to be reflected in the stock price. It is a beautiful car, but it sounds like what I have in my garage is less and less what I thought I drove off the lot. Disappointing.

Makes sense and agreed. Point is be very clear upfront with complete terms and conditions shared. If that level of due diligence was not followed, introduce that on a certain date and move on when the system is mature. Time for Lucid could be better spent focusing on other things, this is from a shareholder angle. Would like to see them focus on big things and fast, instead of spending bandwidth on small items.
Also a shareholder (it has been a really rough year) and I believe that seeing more Lucids on the road with happy owners is part of the future success. I get stopped on the street, in parking lots, all over and asked about my car. It is not uncommon to spend 10-15 minutes opening the car up, showing the storage, talking range, demoing tech. Happy to do it. $120 a year (if that is what it is for connectivity) is obviously noise, but isn't it sort of short sighted to not have just rolled that into the cost of the car and made it a benefit? A positive rather than a little annoyance when building your brand?

I suppose the reason why the surround and camera trial is ending is the cost to fix it if something goes wrong? They have to more or less insure against issues?

Hmm. Seems pretty petty for a $120k vehicle to have to pay $10 extra per month to be able to use the tech that was pitched to sell the vehicle (especially since it is installed - now they won't let you use it?). So CarPlay, Spotify, Alexa, none of that would work without connectivity? Which is pretty much the whole tech panel?

I don't think that a lot was really clear in the time leading up to the purchase and it was a pretty rushed walk through at pick up after they had the money. They showed the surround camera but definitely did not say it was a trial. I did know that DD was not ready to roll (which is fine as where I am there is so much construction and poor signage/markings I would be years from being able to use it).

I suppose we will see more frustration from owners chatter continue to be reflected in the stock price. It is a beautiful car, but it sounds like what I have in my garage is less and less what I thought I drove off the lot. Disappointing.
Sure you can. You are more than welcome to use personal hotspot on your phone or purchase your own mobile hotspot if you’d prefer that over using Lucid’s built-in LTE connectivity. To the Lucid, it’ll be wifi either way, so it won’t care. Nothing is forcing you to use Lucid’s connectivity. Theirs is just the most convenient.

We all knew the trial was coming to an end, but there's nothing wrong with hoping that Lucid would reconsider letting us keep the surround-view camera which is available and standard in a lot of cars nowadays. Besides, isn't it better to help keep the few Lucids out there w/o scratches and dents from bad parking jobs? just saying...

Based on current functionality, I'm unsure if I will continue with the integrated 5G data in the car. I think it's AT&T which is subpar in my opinion. I may just use my phones (personal cell and work cell) as Hotspots when I'm in the car. Both are on Verizon Wireless' network which is my carrier of choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back