DD Versions, Trial, and Upgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.
problem is I don't think there was a disclosure that it would cost extra to add on later
I'm certain that if there wasn't, you could make that case and they would honor the old pricing.

Since we are discussing terminology on another thread, let me ask a question here since I just got the same email about the trial expiring. If we go from DDP to DD, we will lose HA, blind spot camera and 360 displays, is that correct?

And, we will still have Adaptive Cruise Control and Lane Departure Protection? That is rhetorical since that's what it says in the email I got. My point is this, in terms of Highway Assist, does that really just add Lane Centering and use it with ACC? Or am I missing something? Because the difference between Lane Centering and Lane Departure Protection isn't worth anywhere near $10k (or $8k if you take out the $2k for blind spot display and 360 view). Thoughts?
The lane centering is very very good and the lane departure protection will just bounce you between lanes yelling at you as it does so. They are extremely different. One is meant to steer long stretches of road for you, and the other is meant to wake you up if you're asleep and drifting.

What you've also left out is all of the future updates that will come to DD Pro that will likely only exist for the higher DD levels; this includes automated lane changes, navigation-assisted highway pilot, and so on and so forth.

Just got my email stating that my trial period with DDPro and SSPro are ending. They sent this chart to describe the differences between DD, DD Premium and DD Pro. However, you can check earlier threads in which DDPro was to have Highway Pilot and regular DD was to include HA. Now, they seem to be trying to rollback something I assumed that I already purchased. Got to say, I will be really upset if this isn’t changed to read: DD: HA, DD Premium: HA, DDPro: Highway Pilot. Lane centering with ACC is available on most mid-range cars and Lucid will be at a competitive disadvantage trying to charge $12,500 For it.
IMG_9261.png

It's common in other auto makes to have to pay $2K-$4K for 360 cameras bundled with other limited ADAS features, and not even get blind spot video with that. I'm a little surprised reading that some expect it for free after the trial period.
I don't believe anyone expects it for free, the discussion is if they should add a premium if it is added later. Except I missed an earlier comment.

Took delivery in January and can't speak for later deliveries but I recall being told this was a trial and would cost to enable the features. Don't recall being told a price but as some others have stated, I'm happy that Lucid listened and offered a package that included blind spot cameras and 3D Surround View at a reduced cost. I will most certainly be taking advantage of the offer since it's at the original pricing for me.

What was your delivery date? Mine was March 31st. The fact that we're all getting a July 5th turnoff date makes me suspect you are correct, that there will be some update that turns off the Pro options unless they're purchased. :(
Early February. And we have our answer: 2.1.2.

Even, using the Ioniq 5, the trim which has blind spot cameras and 360 view requires you to pay 5k more. You get some more stuff, but it's not like these things are "standard" on lower price cars.
Do you get $2500 worth of stuff in addition to the blind spot cameras and 360 view on the Ioniq 5?

I'm just whining. I bought it approximately 60 seconds after receiving the email, as I had planned to if they ever offered these features separately.

I don't believe anyone expects it for free, the discussion is if they should add a premium if it is added later. Except I missed an earlier comment.
I'm trying to remember the exact discussion I had at the studio when I ordered it. I'm pretty sure that I was told that the SSPro was a $4K option when ordering the GT initially , but would be $4500 after the trial. There was no way to test what the stereo sounded like without it, because both cars there had it. I was trying to keep the cost down a little bit, so I figured I'd skip it and the $500 difference wouldn't be a big deal if I decided later that I really needed it. What I don't remember is if buying before the end of the trial period was at the initial post or post price.
BTW, as of today, if you log into the Lucid web page, there is now an Upgrades tab on the right.

The lane centering is very very good and the lane departure protection will just bounce you between lanes yelling at you as it does so. They are extremely different. One is meant to steer long stretches of road for you, and the other is meant to wake you up if you're asleep and drifting.

What you've also left out is all of the future updates that will come to DD Pro that will likely only exist for the higher DD levels; this includes automated lane changes, navigation-assisted highway pilot, and so on and so forth.
I've turn lane departure off for a while now as it's more annoying than useful.

So the day of reckoning has finally come. Looks like the 90 day free trial period for DDP and SSP is actually 180 days. Received an email from Lucid today saying my trial period for the DDP and premium sound will expire in 1 week.

"You can continue with the experience by purchasing DreamDrive Pro for $12,000 (plus tax) and Surreal Sound Pro for $4,500 (plus tax) in your Lucid Owner Portal.
As an alternative, we are making available DreamDrive Premium, which provides 3D Surround View Monitoring and Blind Spot Display, post-delivery for $2,500 plus applicable tax."

A nice table was provided in the email which explains the differences between DreamDrive standard, premium, and pro. Basically, Pro provides highway assist and future enabling of self driving and parking. Since I don't use highway assist, I will pay for the DD premium since the 3D monitoring and Blind Spot Display are very useful.

Will be interesting to hear what the standard sound system will be like.

Email also says you can purchase the upgrades at any time after the trial period, if you change your mind.

Last edited:
💯 this is just absurd. That was not what my understanding was when I purchased. They wanted $ 9000 for FSD or Dream Drive pro. But since their AI is nowhere close to FSD I opted to get it when it was more mature. But this is ridiculous. Lane Maintenance and highway assist was explained to be a part
Of Dream Drive not Dream Drive Pro.
These are basic features.
All of features so far mentioned are to be of Dream Drive. Yes when you have FSD you can charge for it.
This is absolutely not fair and I will stop
Promoting Lucid. Lucid should change this policy asap if you want to retain your customers or grow.
Oh please. Lucid from Day 1 said the advanced highway features would only be on DDPro. To no longer promote the brand because they want to charge for advanced features is absurd. Every car manufacturer does this.

Do I believe DDPro is worth that much right now? No, not with just HA. But it might be in the future once Highway Pilot and Traffic Jam Assist are released. Just like with Tesla's FSD, you're buying hardware for future software releases.

That being said, I 100% believe DDPremium is worth the cost. The Surround View has saved me multiple times and I really like the blind spot cameras.

So you get DD Premium for free?
Sadly no. I got the DD Pro hardware and a > 90 day trial period for free, same as a lot of other people. I paid for DD Premium as soon as I got the email.

(No Lucid employee at any point promised I'd get anything for free. They made it clear they were speculating.)

My understanding is Lucid has yet to start charging people past the 1st year for wireless connectivity as well. I agree, it's not a good thing. Sets unreasonable expectations and causes disappointment when they eventually catch up and start charging. Suddenly, a "Wow, I'm getting this for free longer than I should have" becomes "Damn, now they want to gouge me for something that had been free."
There is a charge for wireless connectivity? I don't understand- how would it work if I don't pay for wireless connectivity and how much would it be?

Oh please. Lucid from Day 1 said the advanced highway features would only be on DDPro. To no longer promote the brand because they want to charge for advanced features is absurd. Every car manufacturer does this.

Do I believe DDPro is worth that much right now? No, not with just HA. But it might be in the future once Highway Pilot and Traffic Jam Assist are released. Just like with Tesla's FSD, you're buying hardware for future software releases.

That being said, I 100% believe DDPremium is worth the cost. The Surround View has saved me multiple times and I really like the blind spot cameras.
Their announcement of DreamDrive ADAS clearly spelled out that Highway Assist was part of the package:
  • DreamDrive™ system offers more than 30 driver-assistance features, including collision avoidance, Traffic Jam assist, and Highway Assist
  • System designed for ease-of-use with vibrant graphic displays
  • DreamDrive™ Pro expands computing and sensor hardware – including first automotive LIDAR in North America – and major new functions to be delivered with seamless over-the-air software updates
  • Highway Pilot, with conditional hands-free driving capability, on target for future introduction

From https://www.lucidmotors.com/media-room/dreamdrive-advanced-driver-assistance-platform. Retrieved on 6/28/2023.

I also would be happy to purchase DD Premium for the $2000-2500, but now I’m really upset that they’ve backtracked. Everyone I ever spoke to at Lucid said that lane centering was included in the DreamDrive basic package.

I plan just to subscribe to the premium service only. The SSPRO is not important since I upgraded the entire audio system last month 😊….To be honest the only thing I really want is the blindspot cameras.😁

That definitely is not what was advertised or quoted. Not sure when you got yours but mine was booked years ago and nowhere doni remember seeing the premium tier listed. The options were Dream pro to match Tesla’s basic autopilot which includes lane maintenance or DDpro which is supposedly equivalent to FSD in Tesla. Granted Lucid is still in the very early phases like Tesla once was But neither was I naive. Having had 3 teslas in the last 10 years, I truly wanted to give Lucid the same support I did for Tesla. I was not aware and was not notified the lane maintenance was not included in a 10000$ car. Yes DDpro is to be charged and that’s fair. The rest, is not

Their announcement of DreamDrive ADAS clearly spelled out that Highway Assist was part of the package:
  • DreamDrive™ system offers more than 30 driver-assistance features, including collision avoidance, Traffic Jam assist, and Highway Assist
  • DreamDrive™ Pro expands computing and sensor hardware – including first automotive LIDAR in North America – and major new functions to be delivered with seamless over-the-air software updates
  • Highway Pilot, with conditional hands-free driving capability, on target for future introduction

From https://www.lucidmotors.com/media-room/dreamdrive-advanced-driver-assistance-platform. Retrieved on 6/28/2023.

I also would be happy to purchase DD Premium for the $2000-2500, but now I’m really upset that they’ve backtracked. Everyone I ever spoke to at Lucid said that lane centering was included in the DreamDrive basic package.
I agree with you 100% and that is what I was told too.

Have you considered writing a polite letter to them explaining the position you’re in and requesting some consideration for that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back