• NOTICE (May 14 - 11:00 PM - 1:00 AM ET)

LucidOwners.com server will be down for maintenance during this scheduled time.
    Please note there will be a period of time when the forum is unaccessible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

DD Versions, Trial, and Upgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.
The GT doesn't get any Dream Drive or Surround Sound options standard any more. Premium adds some features for $2K, the Pro adds everything for $10K. SSPro isn't included either. The Premium option must be new. It wasn't available in March when I ordered my new GT, or I might have chosen it.

Also I just noticed, is lucid preparing to add air suspension or a non-adaptive coil suspension(that would likely be for the pure rwd) as an option?
1685047864240.png

I saw two new items offered in the configurator. Does anyone know what DreamDrive Premium is? I hope it is an option for just the cameras.
There is also an option for Semi-Active Dampers. Anyone know what that is?

It’s listed in the “I” info button as:

Lucid’s advanced driver-assistance system, DreamDrive™ Premium, builds upon DreamDrive by adding 3D Surround View Monitoring and Blind Spot Display for effortless parking and passing.
• 3D Surround View Monitoring and Blind Spot Display
• Over-the-air updates
• Driver Monitoring System (Includes Distracted Driver Alert & Drowsy Driver Alert)
• Front & Rear Cross Traffic Protection
• Automatic Emergency Braking
• Forward Collision Warning
• Blind Spot Warning
• Lane Departure Protection
• Rear Pedestrian Collision Protection
• Adaptive Cruise Control with Speed Limit Assist
• Traffic Drive-Off Alert
• Traffic Sign Recognition
• Automatic Park In & Out (Parallel & Perpendicular)
• Park Distance Warning
• Rear View Monitoring

So what is the difference with DreamDrive Pro? Somewhat disturbingly, it adds Highway Assist was lane centering? Does that mean that all DreamDrive versions wouldn’t include lane centering? That would be a big miss, but maybe it’s still unclear. Otherwise DD Premium is at the right price for those who want to keep the Surround View and Blind Spot display.

I received an email today that my trial period for Dream drive pro and surreal sound pro are coming to an end :rolleyes:
I will eventually figure out if they are worth it or not....

Dream Drive pro will probably wait until I get a black Friday deal 😏 or it is fully functional

https://zopen.to/EfnYXVPAsIbvpdiPZVEX (full email)

1687984986141.png
1687985015295.png
1687985051135.png
1687985079195.png

Sheesh.... they jacked up the prices for both. Thank Goodness I got them both at legacy prices.

Sheesh.... they jacked up the prices for both. Thank Goodness I got them both at legacy prices.
Yup I was counting on being offered the legacy pricing, but oh well

I previously posted that DDP is not really worth it (to me) but if they offered the surround view and blind spot monitoring a la carte, I'd buy it. So, I just did. $2700 including tax.

(A lot of money for what should be table stakes features in car this expensive...but hey, it is what it is.)

If they ever get DDP to be something I'd want, I hope they'll credit me the $2500 against whatever it will cost at that point.

Separately, since it said my trial expires July 5, strong suspicion that there will be a firmware update before then to support disabling these features.

I received notice that Lucid will deactivate my trial DreamDrive Pro on July 5 unless I want to send them $12,000. That's fine, since I don't use DreamDrive Pro. But I think it's a bit greedy to charge $2,500 for the surround view and blind spot view. These are safety features that are standard on many cars.

interesting, if you order a new Lucid Air, it is still $10k for DDP and $4k for SSP

perhaps your pricing is if you activate after receiving the car

they have dream drive premium (surround view and blind spot monitoring) starting Q3 '22 for only $2k, wonder if they allow you to get that?

interesting, if you order a new Lucid Air, it is still $10k for DDP and $4k for SSP

perhaps your pricing is if you activate after receiving the car

they have dream drive premium (surround view and blind spot monitoring) starting Q3 '22 for only $2k, wonder if they allow you to get that?
And this is poor marketing. People already have the hardware so why should they pay more to activate a service? cruel and unnecessary punishment for not activating earlier?

And this is poor marketing. People already have the hardware so why should they pay more to activate a service? cruel and unnecessary punishment for not activating earlier?
There has to be an incentive to buy up front rather than waiting. It seems like perfectly a perfectly reasonable business practice to me.

I received notice that Lucid will deactivate my trial DreamDrive Pro on July 5 unless I want to send them $12,000. That's fine, since I don't use DreamDrive Pro. But I think it's a bit greedy to charge $2,500 for the surround view and blind spot view. These are safety features that are standard on many cars.
The Surround view and blind spot *cameras* are not standard on many cars. It's usually in their highest trim levels, if at all.

The blind spot *monitoring* which indicates using a light on the mirror is much more standard, and included without DD Pro.

I didn't ask for them to include the DDP hardware, I got it for no additional cost. I got to try HA a few times, decided it was not for me. The surround view and blind spot cameras on the other hand I find quite useful, so even though IMHO they're overpriced, I paid for it.

Lots of pricing works this way. Plus these services have a cost to develop and I don't begrudge them charging luxury prices for this luxury product. And anyway, Saudi Arabia has paid a lot of the real cost of me having this car, which has got to be significantly more than what I paid.

Mainly I am happy this is a one time fee and not an ongoing subscription. I really, really don't want to be nickel-and-dimed on a luxury purchase.

Neither cruel nor unnecessary; you can buy it earlier for a discount, or buy it later for a premium. That's quite standard practice across almost any industry. I literally *just* chose the 'pay later, for a bit more' option for a car rental, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back