Off-Topic CyberTruck Innovations - Hagerty high quality review

Status
Not open for further replies.
The fact that you even thought that Tesla would be the first to invent a vehicle that is bulletproof is unbelievably ridiculous. I can't even wrap my head around the thought that no one has thought about making a vehicle bulletproof and Tesla would be the first and that you somehow believe what you said. LOL
Uhhh. The President of the United States has been driven in a bulletproof car since the 80s, I believe.

Correction. Make that the 1940s.

Last edited:
Kennedy would like to have a word with you(they were convertibles, which kind of defeats the point)
That was his choice. The car was bullet proof. He wasn’t.

I am a naive person sometime but the bullet proof president vehicle makes sense

The CyberTruck is not armored. It uses 3mm steel it hopes will work, but stainless steel is not normally used for armoring. The windows are not bulletproof. It’s a neat marketing gimmick, but has no place on a battlefield, as 9mm rounds aren’t typically the round of choice, especially for armored vehicles. And I can guarantee the CyberTruck will not stop an armor-piercing round of any size.

You can get an armored CyberTruck, for a much higher cost: https://armormax.com/armored-cars/bulletproof-tesla-cybertruck/

But, and this is important, you can get an armored anything for a lower cost: https://armormax.com/armored-cars/

The CyberTruck is not armored. It uses 3mm steel it hopes will work, but stainless steel is not normally used for armoring. The windows are not bulletproof. It’s a neat marketing gimmick, but has no place on a battlefield, as 9mm rounds aren’t typically the round of choice, especially for armored vehicles. And I can guarantee the CyberTruck will not stop an armor-piercing round of any size.

You can get an armored CyberTruck, for a much higher cost: https://armormax.com/armored-cars/bulletproof-tesla-cybertruck/

But, and this is important, you can get an armored anything for a lower cost: https://armormax.com/armored-cars/
I’m constantly considering apocalyptic situations given the political climate. I really hate that you showed this to me because now I want it.

The president last iteration of state car is called the “Beast” funny Cybertruck is called the “beast” maybe CTS could be used as presidential vehicles?
My hope is that a lot of warlords buy a CT as an armored vehicle and that the world will be a better place when they discover how bulletproof a CT really is.

I just don't understand the appeal. It looks terrible, and I thought the whole reason for the ugly looks was the new manufacturing process was going to significantly reduce costs.

It's now just an expensive trophy truck. If I wanted a flashy truck for $100k+, I'd probably buy the Hummer EV. It at least has some cool features like removable roof panels, much bigger frunk, and a really nice interior.

Tesla has implemented some new technology like 48V architecture, steer by wire, etc, but it is more iterative than revolutionary. Not a lot of consumer benefits, just potentially lower manufacturing costs. The UI looks really top notch (of course coming from Tesla), but the rest of the specs just seem like for show. Not really practical as a truck. Very few if any will be used as actual work trucks or off-roading/overlanding vehicles. They will be driven around the city for attention, until their owners get bored and move onto the next toy.
I came across an aftermarket shop for the cyber truck and it actually looks very good now after the modifications

Unplugged-Performance-Tesla-Cybertruck-Invincible-Image-9.1.jpg

Seems like many of the potentially early cancellations aren’t coming to fruition. Like it or not, the non biased/early reviews seem to very good thus far. They’ll probably end up building over 1 million of these with the existing / new orders
Seems to be a ton of interest.

IMG_8881.png

Seems like many of the potentially early cancellations aren’t coming to fruition. Like it or not, the non biased/early reviews seem to very good thus far. They’ll probably end up building over 1 million of these with the existing / new orders

View attachment 16814
I think cancellations will come when it's more available and has more reviews and data about its capabilities. No reason to cancel a few days after reveal when the truck is a year away, that'd be silly after waiting for 3 years

Initially I was in the boat of "why would I want a bullet proof vehicle" but after watching the videos I see real world use at least here in Vancouver where parking spots are so tight. Door or bumper dings will no longer be an issue! And the safety feature is interesting as it seems to be able to take a significant T-bone hit and keep passenger compartment safe. Add on that the steer by wire and towing capacity (yet to be determined) and it makes a compelling vehicle. More than rivian? Possibly. I never thought of ever wanting this truck but after watching the reviews, I'm thinking of it.

I think cancellations will come when it's more available and has more reviews and data about its capabilities. No reason to cancel a few days after reveal when the truck is a year away, that'd be silly after waiting for 3 years
Yeah, I would tend to disagree with that. I think deliveries are gonna start happening sooner than you think. I think a million sales/orders will be the number. I originally thought they might have a 60-70% cancellation rate now I’ve changed that.

Last edited:
I’m constantly considering apocalyptic situations given the political climate. I really hate that you showed this to me because now I want it.
There’s a reason I had those links at the ready. :)

Yeah, I would tend to disagree with that. I think deliveries are gonna start happening sooner than you think. I think a million sales/orders will be the number. I originally thought they might have a 60-70% cancellation rate now I’ve changed that.
Time will tell. For now, my suggestion would be we stop speculating and let time pass. We all now know how you feel :)

I will take ‘under’ for 3 years delivery.

View attachment 16814
I saw a few reviews, just curious, and never am I buying one and I never put in for a reservation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back