Off-Topic CyberTruck Innovations - Hagerty high quality review

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope it’s under three years for my beast build
I reserved a tri motor about 3.5 years ago

You beat me. I reserved one the month after I reserved Air 2 years ago. But $100 is not a serious reservation. I just reserved bc my bro told me it will be a hot potato. And my wife said it’s the most hideous ever.

Initially I was in the boat of "why would I want a bullet proof vehicle" but after watching the videos I see real world use at least here in Vancouver where parking spots are so tight. Door or bumper dings will no longer be an issue! And the safety feature is interesting as it seems to be able to take a significant T-bone hit and keep passenger compartment safe. Add on that the steer by wire and towing capacity (yet to be determined) and it makes a compelling vehicle. More than rivian? Possibly. I never thought of ever wanting this truck but after watching the reviews, I'm thinking of it.
For me, the fact that it so much in your face negates all the benefits you mentioned. It’s not beautiful at all. No elegance, a monstrosity on our roads. But like a pink house a neighborhood of beige houses. No thanks!

6060FBB7-0787-4461-8069-B325D2EBED58.jpeg
765C6F22-BB46-4FAE-918D-455CFFDD318F.jpeg

Production has begun, judgement will be out there.
01A06E28-C54E-412F-AEBB-B653324EE6BD.jpeg

Yeah, I would tend to disagree with that. I think deliveries are gonna start happening sooner than you think. I think a million sales/orders will be the number. I originally thought they might have a 60-70% cancellation rate now I’ve changed that.
You do realize the price up 50% and range much lower than anticipated.

CD
You do realize the price up 50% and range much lower than anticipated.
so they had 2 million orders not a big deal seems like a bargain overall compared to an electric hummer. I’m not a truck person per se, so I’m not gonna need all the extra add-ons for my beast build. I ordered a tri motor 3.5 years ago. I know someone quite well who fortunate enough to drive the truck over a weekend. one word….. spectacular was the response. Entry-level will be 60 K. In 2025 and also a 75 k dual. Some people think it’s crazy that a gravity is gonna run about 100 K or more for a build im going to want.
In the end, it is what it is 👍

Can Tesla lend their steelView attachment 16824 to refrigerator companies ?
Chrome <> stainless steel

Actually, it’s called UHS = Ultra Hard Steel.

Just like Trump would describe, “It’s big! Very big! Very very big! Biggest very big deal!”

Can Tesla lend their steelView attachment 16824 to refrigerator companies ?
Why does anybody think Tesla made some sort of technological advancement in metallurgy? The stainless steel they are using is already a standard type of stainless steel.

You beat me. I reserved one the month after I reserved Air 2 years ago. But $100 is not a serious reservation. I just reserved bc my bro told me it will be a hot potato. And my wife said it’s the most hideous ever.
L O L it’s funny. I actually switched my reservation with my son who also has who has same name but a jr.. He’s gonna wait and get the 60 K version next year. I’m an EV nut will have a gravity and cyber beast. I’ve already had, and sold a Taycan a Fisker, and a second generation Fisker/karma lol. Now just a S 👍 I still have my ice sports cars but that will all change once someone comes out with a kick butt EV version.

Last edited:
Why does anybody think Tesla made some sort of technological advancement in metallurgy? The stainless steel they are using is already a standard type of stainless steel.
I have no idea but if you watch most the reviews they say they mixed their own steel because they wanted less finger prints I think and something that you could kick and it wouldn’t dent? The reviews lead you to believe they made some material changed from typical steel

I have no idea but if you watch most the reviews they say they mixed their own steel because they wanted less finger prints I think and something that you could kick and it wouldn’t dent? The reviews lead you to believe they made some material changed from typical steel
They call it 30X stainless steel, which is just some variation of the 300 series. It's not new and it's not a novel mix of steel.

I have no idea but if you watch most the reviews they say they mixed their own steel because they wanted less finger prints I think
Well, if they did do that they utterly failed because I have seen some very stained cybertrucks.

and something that you could kick and it wouldn’t dent? The reviews lead you to believe they made some material changed from typical steel
I can send you a video of me kicking my fridge and car and them not denting. Its not special.

My fridge has dents , and my model Y and my lucid has 2 dents :(
I'm sure those werent from people kicking them though, lol. I will not contest that the cybertruck is more resistant against door dings and such things. However, it is not a novel thing.

My fridge has dents , and my model Y and my lucid has 2 dents :(
Your fridge may not be made of 30x stainless steel.

Aside: not all steels are magnetic.

Different types of stainless steels can generally be divided into two broad categories. Ferritic stainless steels, including grades 430 and 434, are magnetic due to their fundamental atomic structure, which has a high concentration of iron combined with chromium, molybdenum and silicon.

Austenitic stainless steels, the second of the two categories, include grades 304 and 316. They are non-magnetic since the iron is alloyed with nickel, manganese, carbon and nitrogen.

$10 says the cybertruck isn’t magnetic :)

If anyone here in the PacNW wants to test the bulletproof nature of their cyberfugly - give me a shout. we can try 9mm, .45, 223, 300 blackout and a few other calibers of your choice. :D

And 4 wheel steering a Tesla innovation? My girlfriend back in the '80s had a Prelude with 4WS. Pretty sure the Z32 300ZX Turbo had 4ws as well. Innovation. :D

Using the word “innovation” to refer to Cybertruck is becoming more and more of a punchline. I’m sure it’s a fine vehicle for some folks, but pretending there’s anything new here is quite the stretch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back