• NOTICE (May 14 - 11:00 PM - 1:00 AM ET)

LucidOwners.com server will be down for maintenance during this scheduled time.
    Please note there will be a period of time when the forum is unaccessible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Off-Topic CyberTruck Innovations - Hagerty high quality review

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hideous! I mean look at this thing from the side? You gotta be kidding me!? Y'all can't be seriously considering this monstrosity over Gravity? 😂😂😂

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231201_075324_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20231201_075324_Instagram.jpg
    651.8 KB · Views: 68
Hideous! I mean look at this thing from the side? You gotta be kidding me!? Y'all can't be seriously considering this monstrosity over Gravity? 😂😂😂
I don’t mind the exterior look and the software inside looks pretty solid. My gripe is that plain interior looks cheap and not like 100k interior.
If they made it look a little more luxurious like the Lucid then they would have a contender but I always prefer Lucid interiors compared to Tesla minimalistic plastics

Right and just like how the Tesla 800v is not new either in the way they did it because GM also did the same thing lol.

I think the only true innovations in the CT are the exoskeleton frame and the 48V subsystems.
My Ryobi mower is 48V and has an exoskeleton

. . . now I would get it over any other EV truck.

I would, too . . . except that we're on our second Tesla product (2021 Model S Plaid), and I'm done with the brand: difficulties dealing with its service organization, premature failure of the interior materials, and the removal of features that we paid for at initial purchase.

I don’t mind the exterior look and the software inside looks pretty solid. My gripe is that plain interior looks cheap and not like 100k interior.
If they made it look a little more luxurious like the Lucid then they would have a contender but I always prefer Lucid interiors compared to Tesla minimalistic plastics
I'm literally not surprised AT ALL!

Pretty sure if you fire a 45 cal round at that thing it'll go right through...

Pretty sure if you fire a 45 cal round at that thing it'll go right through...
Did you see the softball the dude threw at the window during the delivery event? This thing is sooo unserious, I can't help but shake my head. Tesla's M3/MY fanboi market probably can't afford it at the price now. The $40k+ price they claimed 4 years ago sure, and outside of a few true enthusiasts like @Tesla2.0 who can afford it, who's buying this thing?

Did you see the softball the dude threw at the window during the delivery event? This thing is sooo unserious, I can't help but shake my head. Tesla's M3/MY fanboi market probably can't afford it at the price now. The $40k+ price they claimed 4 years ago sure, and outside of a few true enthusiasts like @Tesla2.0 who can afford it, who's buying this thing?
That part was hilarious because he clearly looked afraid to do it and literally missed the first time, lol.
I see this thing as a status symbol like a g wagon. Not a bad thing, per se.

In theory there a lot of People on the reservation list. I think it’s a competitor to Rivian so likely someone that likes bigger vehicles that can go off-road. With the extra plugs some companies may use it as work truck. I was also thinking since it’s bulllet proof it would be good for army or maybe police. I could see a lot of applications for this tech

Okay, but can we talk about that font 😱

This part is also interesting to me cause my kids ding my doors since we park so close to each other in the garage. The exoskeleton of the truck can take kicks even bullets.

I will very much want to see what happens when real people test this and shoot guns at their cars. My suspicion is not all those cases are going to go as well as Tesla would like to hope they will, as evidenced by the literal softball. And a car that appears armored but *isn’t actually armored* is significantly more dangerous than one that never claimed to be, because it lulls you into a false sense of security, which can cause you to make dumb decisions.

But, only time will tell.

That part was hilarious because he clearly looked afraid to do it and literally missed the first time, lol.
I see this thing as a status symbol like a g wagon. Not a bad thing, per se.

And the lighting was very dark. Someone forgot to turn on the light to see disappointment faces?

Hush!! 😂 😂
I will very much want to see what happens when real people test this and shoot guns at their cars. My suspicion is not all those cases are going to go as well as Tesla would like to hope they will, as evidenced by the literal softball. And a car that appears armored but *isn’t actually armored* is significantly more dangerous than one that never claimed to be, because it lulls you into a false sense of security, which can cause you to make dumb decisions.

Agree!

The other thing that nobody has talked about yet and we won’t know for a few years? Rust.

I really really wanna see one after a year or two on the New England coast.

Yeah that samsung font gives me 2016 note 7 bursting into fire vibes🤣

And I just can't believe there are people dumb enough to shoot their cars, but time will tell...

And I just can't believe there are people dumb enough to shoot their cars, but time will tell...
Have you met @blueice89? He took the Air off-roading, and I would bet a whole mag clip, that he would happily unload some 9s into his cybertruck lmao

(Ribbing in good fun, don’t @ me)

Have you met @blueice89? He took the Air off-roading, and I would bet a whole mag clip, that he would happily unload some 9s into his cybertruck lmao

(Ribbing in good fun, don’t @ me)
Yeah somebody should stop him from turoing a cybertruck when it gets available for renting...

And I still don't get why he did that to the air lmao

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back