• NOTICE (May 14 - 11:00 PM - 1:00 AM ET)

LucidOwners.com server will be down for maintenance during this scheduled time.
    Please note there will be a period of time when the forum is unaccessible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Off-Topic CyberTruck Innovations - Hagerty high quality review

Status
Not open for further replies.
Using the word “innovation” to refer to Cybertruck is becoming more and more of a punchline. I’m sure it’s a fine vehicle for some folks, but pretending there’s anything new here is quite the stretch.
+1

Musk is taking overpromising and underdelivering to a higher level but that is hardly new or innovative.

Unfortunately, those who think the CT is nothing new are totally misunderstanding Musk and what Tesla is doing with this vehicle. This is a test mule for the technologies they need to profitably sell a $25k EV in a few years, and for driving down the cost of the rest of the fleet as each vehicle is updated with new tech. Suggest you watch some of the technical reviews. Specifically, new batteries are much larger and easier to build packs. They are also manufactured internally, increasing margin. The 48v architecture cuts wire weight/cost significantly and Ethernet bi-directional ring communications architecture cuts number of wires in the harness by an order of magnitude - lowering costs and greatly simplifying manufacturing. Mega-castings are approaching the size needed to produce the entire subframe structure for a small car - again cutting costs and speeding manufacturing. Drive by wire gets rid of the steering column and sets the stage for future possible "robotaxis". Success in the automobile business is very tied to scale unless you are a very niche player like Porsche, Ferrari... Tesla will be introducing a mass market car they can sell in the 5 million/year range and it will be game over for the marginal players once they reach this scale.

Unfortunately, those who think the CT is nothing new are totally misunderstanding Musk and what Tesla is doing with this vehicle. This is a test mule for the technologies they need to profitably sell a $25k EV in a few years, and for driving down the cost of the rest of the fleet as each vehicle is updated with new tech. Suggest you watch some of the technical reviews. Specifically, new batteries are much larger and easier to build packs. They are also manufactured internally, increasing margin. The 48v architecture cuts wire weight/cost significantly and Ethernet bi-directional ring communications architecture cuts number of wires in the harness by an order of magnitude - lowering costs and greatly simplifying manufacturing. Mega-castings are approaching the size needed to produce the entire subframe structure for a small car - again cutting costs and speeding manufacturing. Drive by wire gets rid of the steering column and sets the stage for future possible "robotaxis". Success in the automobile business is very tied to scale unless you are a very niche player like Porsche, Ferrari... Tesla will be introducing a mass market car they can sell in the 5 million/year range and it will be game over for the marginal players once they reach this scale.
Wow. You really drank the Kool-Aid there. You realize literally everything you mention there has been a Musk talking point for roughly a decade now, right?

If I hear someone act like 48Vs hasn’t been around since the early 2000s… I mean come on man. Stop drinking this koolaid.

lol, you’re funny!

The 25k ev does not exist. I was 6 when I asked a studio person when it would come out. Im 14 now, and it isnt in sight.

”Manufactured internally” like 99 percent of existing companies?

A higher voltage system. Wow, so revolutionary. Have you weighed the amount of cables yet?

And increases the cost of being rear ended to 40k(source:neighbor)

A lot of cars have steer by wire. Its not special.

And what robotaxi? Oh wait, you mean the one that the model 3 was supposed to be?

And you realize a corolla sells 1.12 mil worldwide... right?

(these arent my beliefs, im just proving that ALL of your points can be refuted. stop drinking the kool-aid, look where that got the robotaxis)

Also, why are so many of your previous posts tesla related?

Wow. You really drank the Kool-Aid there. You realize literally everything you mention there has been a Musk talking point for roughly a decade now, right?
Absolutely. Unfortunately, he delivers on what he says, always late but he gets there. These advancements are in the CT. These are all reducing costs and improving manufacturability. I own both cars and both stocks. One is never going anywhere and the other is held back by the CEO's antics but he is driving the auto industry in new directions.

Absolutely. Unfortunately, he delivers on what he says, always late but he gets there. These advancements are in the CT. These are all reducing costs and improving manufacturability. I own both cars and both stocks. One is never going anywhere and the other is held back by the CEO's antics but he is driving the auto industry in new directions.
Please give me an example of something he promised(or tesla as a general company) and delivered on in the promised timeframe?

And that reducing costs thing doesnt seem to be right, considering the 20k price increase.

I mean, just based off what what he said about the cybertruck...I would refute your statement with the literal product you claim is so revolutionary.

"He always delivers. Eventually."

That's a convenient belief system. I'm definitely going to win a gold medal in cross country skiing. Eventually. Prove me wrong.

lol, you’re funny!

The 25k ev does not exist. I was 6 when I asked a studio person when it would come out. Im 14 now, and it isnt in sight.

”Manufactured internally” like 99 percent of existing companies?

A higher voltage system. Wow, so revolutionary. Have you weighed the amount of cables yet?

And increases the cost of being rear ended to 40k(source:neighbor)

A lot of cars have steer by wire. Its not special.

And what robotaxi? Oh wait, you mean the one that the model 3 was supposed to be?

And you realize a corolla sells 1.12 mil worldwide... right?

(these arent my beliefs, im just proving that ALL of your points can be refuted. stop drinking the kool-aid, look where that got the robotaxis)

Also, why are so many of your previous posts tesla related?
Yes the 25K EV does not exist but you can buy a model 3 with incentives in the low $30s today so we are not far off and most of the world has EV incentives.

No manufacturer is as vertically integrated as Tesla. Maybe some in China? Looks like you don't understand how the auto industry works.

Please research 48v architectures. They have been on the drawing boards for decades but no one has taken this on. Again you don't understand basic electricity. This why Lucid uses 900v instead of 400v - thinner wires, lower costs, higher charging speeds. Making the change is a huge deal getting all the supply chain to make 48 volt parts. Watch the rest of the industry go in this direction over the nest few years.\

Please name one car on the market that has steer by wire with no direct connection from steering wheel to wheels? Maybe your are thinking of power steering?

Please explain how you " proved" my points with your replies?

I mean, just based off what what he said about the cybertruck...I would refute your statement with the literal product you claim is so revolutionary.
The product is revolutionary in the technologies it introduces to automobile manufacturing. This does not imply it will be a sales success or that it is attractive.

The product is revolutionary in the technologies it introduces to automobile manufacturing. This does not imply it will be a sales success or that it is attractive.
My point is that he failed to deliver on what he said with the cybertruck. Whether or not it is revolutionary will remain to be seen, but maybe the only thing novel is bringing it all together in the same product.

Yes the 25K EV does not exist but you can buy a model 3 with incentives in the low $30s today so we are not far off and most of the world has EV incentives.
That isnt purchase price. Thats with the help of others. That isnt what was promised by Elon.
No manufacturer is as vertically integrated as Tesla. Maybe some in China? Looks like you don't understand how the auto industry works.
What you said is that Teslas are "manufactured internally," so maybe you don't understand what you said? Lets assume you were talking about vertical integration, I'd argue Lucid manages almost all its parts itself to a higher extent than tesla.
Please research 48v architectures. They have been on the drawing boards for decades but no one has taken this on. Again you don't understand basic electricity. This why Lucid uses 900v instead of 400v - thinner wires, lower costs, higher charging speeds. Making the change is a huge deal getting all the supply chain to make 48 volt parts. Watch the rest of the industry go in this direction over the nest few years.\
You just proved my point. High voltage systems are not new.
Please name one car on the market that has steer by wire with no direct connection from steering wheel to wheels? Maybe your are thinking of power steering?
Lexus RZ, toyota has a mule that has been tested by reviewers, all planes.

Please give me an example of something he promised(or tesla as a general company) and delivered on in the promised timeframe?

And that reducing costs thing doesnt seem to be right, considering the 20k price increase.
He does not deliver on time. Look at Lucid. They introduced the Air with lots of state of the art tech in motors, batteries..... Their strategy is to learn and perfect the tech with the intention of using that tech in a lower cost vehicle that will be purchased by more people, driving scale. Tesla did the same thing with Roadster, S, 3. The CT is the same, new tech, high price, use to produce lower cost cars. Standard tech industry model.

This is a joke post right ‽

He does not deliver on time. Look at Lucid. They introduced the Air with lots of state of the art tech in motors, batteries..... Their strategy is to learn and perfect the tech with the intention of using that tech in a lower cost vehicle that will be purchased by more people, driving scale. Tesla did the same thing with Roadster, S, 3. The CT is the same, new tech, high price, use to produce lower cost cars. Standard tech industry model.
I am not comparing models to other models, I am comparing the promised price to the actual price. Of course something in a lower segment will be cheaper.

And as I said, NOTHING is revolutionary about the ct. Quit pretending it is.

Can we not turn this into a pissing match?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back