Curious about final version V2

RichMalden

Verified Owner
Cars
AGT, 1970 MB 280SL
Just curious, the small group that got to try V2 before the 100 beta, did you get the (presumably) somewhat tweeked version the 100 got and will the 100 somehow get the updated version that will go to everyone?

If they number the final version like 2.1.xx then it should be easy I guess but the original small groups' version numbers overlapped with the 100 beta group.

The small beta group had 2.0.1, 2.0.4 and 2.0.7. The 100 beta group has 2.0.2, 2.0.5 and 2.0.8

The small beta group had 2.0.1, 2.0.4 and 2.0.7. The 100 beta group has 2.0.2, 2.0.5 and 2.0.8
Right, so did the small group also get the 100 groups' updates or are they still running the version with the bugs that were fixed in the 100 group software version?

First group got versions up to 2.0.7. Second group, consisting of 100 members, got versions up to 2.0.12, which presumably is a bit “better” than firsts group’s version 2.0.7. There is a newer version being rolled out next week to both groups before the rollout to DE owners.

We are up to 2.0.12 although I will venture to guess what there will be another version coming out to fix some of the bugs.

After driving for a week on 2.0.12, I think it’s solid enough for general distribution, but I agree with @Sandvinsd that another patch would not be surprising; especially with expectations running so high.

After driving for a week on 2.0.12, I think it’s solid enough for general distribution, but I agree with @Sandvinsd that another patch would not be surprising; especially with expectations running so high.
I think that another patch is definitely in order. Many of the bugs/glitches/complaints have been improved, but I think there may be some other issues that may pop up, if not immediately, then over time. I know the NAV system still freezes on 2.0.12, and since that is something that takes a technician visit to repair each time, that should definitely be one of the things addressed... perhaps addressing the fobs not working (even if not for everyone initially) after the latest update (again, meaning physical and not software intervention) may also need to be tweaked, as well as the uneven ACC at highway speeds, which I assume can be addressed via a software update.

I disagree, based off the bug reports we've seen. Maybe the patch next week will fix some of these errors. It's really not ready for release until they can solve the biggest issue we've seen so far which is the EA charging problems people are seeing after upgrading to 2.0.12.

I disagree, based off the bug reports we've seen. Maybe the patch next week will fix some of these errors. It's really not ready for release until they can solve the biggest issue we've seen so far which is the EA charging problems people are seeing after upgrading to 2.0.12.
And this is why we beta test. :)

You are correct, and I had forgotten about that one. Charging at the public EA stations was problematic even before version 2.0.12. I also now have intermittent issues with my home charger, a ChargePoint Homeflex. Although the car said there was am error with the charging cable connector, it charged fine when the actual time of the charging happened. There seemed to be an issue of the cable being connected to the car and there being a delay in the actual charging starting, which had not been seen before v2.0.12. Plugging in and charging immediately seems to work fine.

You are correct, and I had forgotten about that one. Charging at the public EA stations was problematic even before version 2.0.12. I also now have intermittent issues with my home charger, a ChargePoint Homeflex. Although the car said there was am error with the charging cable connector, it charged fine when the actual time of the charging happened. There seemed to be an issue of the cable being connected to the car and there being a delay in the actual charging starting, which had not been seen before v2.0.12. Plugging in and charging immediately seems to work fine.
Exactly. They are aware of that bug. Hoping that the 2.0.19 update fixed that.

First group got versions up to 2.0.7. Second group, consisting of 100 members, got versions up to 2.0.12, which presumably is a bit “better” than firsts group’s version 2.0.7. There is a newer version being rolled out next week to both groups before the rollout to DE owners.
Just got 2.0.13

I agree. Even though it’s a vast improvement, it would cause a bottleneck of service requests for some of the known issues. I can’t imagine it will take long for Lucid to fix the bugs.

Exactly. They are aware of that bug. Hoping that the 2.0.19 update fixed that.
v2.0.19 didn't seem to fix the delayed charging with my HomeFlex. I plugged my car in about a half hour ago and got the error message to unplug the charging cable already. I'm leaving it connected to see if the charge starts on schedule anyway at 9:00PM.

Are there more EA charging problems on 2.0.12 than on 1.1.2x ? My car completely bombed at EA on 1.2 20.

v2.0.19 didn't seem to fix the delayed charging with my HomeFlex. I plugged my car in about a half hour ago and got the error message to unplug the charging cable already. I'm leaving it connected to see if the charge starts on schedule anyway at 9:00PM.
Bummer. I was hoping.

Back