Cup Holder Chome Sharp Edges

MDavis

I've had my Lucid Grand Touring for a few weeks now and have several concerns. The main one is the Cup Holder TOP Trim. My wife was pulling out a cup and we noticed that the wax coating on the cup had deep cuts on it. The chrome (Plastic) inside bottom edge is sharper than a razor blade. This is disaster waiting to happen. Has anyone noticed this?

I've had my Lucid Grand Touring for a few weeks now and have several concerns. The main one is the Cup Holder TOP Trim. My wife was pulling out a cup and we noticed that the wax coating on the cup had deep cuts on it. The chrome (Plastic) inside bottom edge is sharper than a razor blade. This is disaster waiting to happen. Has anyone noticed this?
Just checked and there is an edge but I've never noticed any scraping or cuts on fast food drink cups. Wonder if it has to do with how you wrestle the cups free of the cup holders versus how I do it? My wife is sure that one day I'm going to crush the cup and shoot soda all over the car. I'm going to have to break down and buy one of those inserts before I have an accident

Is there an insert available that makes the cupholders more compatible with larger cup sizes?

Can you snap a pic of a sharp edge for us?

That's what I use. And I like it a lot.

Attachments

• 20230115_153351.jpg
    20230115_153351.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 125
  • 20230115_153409.jpg
    20230115_153409.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 128
Sorry to hear that.
Just went outside to check.
Mine is without a sharp edges. Maybe that batch came out of the mold without a quality check?
But, that is absolutely no excuse.

Back