Review: Air Touring, Delivery, Car, and Charging.

uscnamja781

Verified Owner
Cars
Air Touring
Finally took delivery of Air Touring!

Ordering:
Positives:
*Upgraded from Pure to Touring, DA made the process super easy and fast, Lucid app/portal makes payment and ordering very convenient.
*DA let me test drive both Pure and Touring when I went in on the fence if I should upgrade to Touring from Pure.
*DA went over the cost difference and comparison from legacy pricing vs current.
*Pulled the trigger for Touring. I loved the glass roof and Pure does not offer glass roof. Although the pure fathom blue looks very nice in person.

Negatives: None.

Delivery:

Positives:
*Fast delivery x 2 weeks from ordering Touring shipped from AZ.
*DA good communication via email and always keeping you updated.
*Sent Lyft for pickup on pick up date and greeted by friendly staff.
*DA sets up profile and went over all the functions inside. Answered all questions.
*The Checklist from the forum was very helpful. Thank you to whoever made the list!
*Interior and software no issues found.

Negatives:
*Exterior I notice a significant misaligned rear passenger door and trip. (pictured).
*Exterior Bottom not glued properly (pictured).
*DA said service will contact with to fix above issues and been 4 days and still no estimated time for service appointment.
*Test drive went well but I asked if we can test the charging and DA said they have charger in studio but was being used. I wanted to test out a EA station but I was already in the studio 2.5 hours so I was ready to get going and I am sure DA did too. No biggy, I am fully aware of the mixed reviews with the EA charging stations.

Charging:

Positives:
*Went to charge for first time today at EA 150 KW station. First time using a EA station, I just plugged in and it recognized the car right away.
*At first it was jumping around 35, 45, 75, 90 kw, but after 5 mins it stabilized at 80kw and finished charging 101 miles in 20 mins.
*Overall good first experience with charging with no issues.
*Station was in a parking lot with supermarket so you can grocery shop while you charge.

Negative:
* 2 of 3 charging station working, one was completely off or not functioning.

Car:
Positives:
*Really appreciating all the attention to detail Lucid has done. All the functionality with the buttons placement and floating screen. I thought I was gonna be overwhelmed with all the functions but they made it so user friendly.
*Drives very quiet inside, I drove it without music to test the wind noise and listening for any "creeks", wind noise is minimal and you feel like you're in a quiet bubble, and zero creek noise so far.
*Driving Speed, power, comfort, one of best cars i've driven.
*Elon fanboys gwaking at the car (LOL).
*Love the lucid software interface vs carplay.

Negatives:
*Cup holders tight but not super concern.
*Trunk when I close it, it makes almost a double clicking loud noise when locking. I didnt notice this at the studio, only when I got home and put in a stroller in the trunk and I think the trunk hood hit the stroller inside the trunk and ever since then I notice this "double click" every time I close/locking the trunk. Not sure if they is normal sound of trunk closing.

Overall I love the car and have no regrets on purchase. I hope to see more improvements from Lucid, listening to the customer base (DA said Lucid has people monitoring the forum), and have high hopes in the companies future.
Suggestions:
*Offering glass top option for Pure.
*Brand awareness and marketing maybe to a younger customer base? , I know lot of people still have never heard of Lucid. I think the sheath edition will gain more eyes and interests.
*Somehow getting to more affordable price point.

Attachments

• reardoor.jpg.jpg
    reardoor.jpg.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 182
  • reardriver door.jpg.jpg
    reardriver door.jpg.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 176
  • bottom.jpgs.jpg
    bottom.jpgs.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 181
Finally took delivery of Air Touring!

Ordering:
Positives:
*Upgraded from Pure to Touring, DA made the process super easy and fast, Lucid app/portal makes payment and ordering very convenient.
*DA let me test drive both Pure and Touring when I went in on the fence if I should upgrade to Touring from Pure.
*DA went over the cost difference and comparison from legacy pricing vs current.
*Pulled the trigger for Touring. I loved the glass roof and Pure does not offer glass roof. Although the pure fathom blue looks very nice in person.

Negatives: None.

Delivery:

Positives:
*Fast delivery x 2 weeks from ordering Touring shipped from AZ.
*DA good communication via email and always keeping you updated.
*Sent Lyft for pickup on pick up date and greeted by friendly staff.
*DA sets up profile and went over all the functions inside. Answered all questions.
*The Checklist from the forum was very helpful. Thank you to whoever made the list!
*Interior and software no issues found.

Negatives:
*Exterior I notice a significant misaligned rear passenger door and trip. (pictured).
*Exterior Bottom not glued properly (pictured).
*DA said service will contact with to fix above issues and been 4 days and still no estimated time for service appointment.
*Test drive went well but I asked if we can test the charging and DA said they have charger in studio but was being used. I wanted to test out a EA station but I was already in the studio 2.5 hours so I was ready to get going and I am sure DA did too. No biggy, I am fully aware of the mixed reviews with the EA charging stations.

Charging:

Positives:
*Went to charge for first time today at EA 150 KW station. First time using a EA station, I just plugged in and it recognized the car right away.
*At first it was jumping around 35, 45, 75, 90 kw, but after 5 mins it stabilized at 80kw and finished charging 101 miles in 20 mins.
*Overall good first experience with charging with no issues.
*Station was in a parking lot with supermarket so you can grocery shop while you charge.

Negative:
* 2 of 3 charging station working, one was completely off or not functioning.

Car:
Positives:
*Really appreciating all the attention to detail Lucid has done. All the functionality with the buttons placement and floating screen. I thought I was gonna be overwhelmed with all the functions but they made it so user friendly.
*Drives very quiet inside, I drove it without music to test the wind noise and listening for any "creeks", wind noise is minimal and you feel like you're in a quiet bubble, and zero creek noise so far.
*Driving Speed, power, comfort, one of best cars i've driven.
*Elon fanboys gwaking at the car (LOL).
*Love the lucid software interface vs carplay.

Negatives:
*Cup holders tight but not super concern.
*Trunk when I close it, it makes almost a double clicking loud noise when locking. I didnt notice this at the studio, only when I got home and put in a stroller in the trunk and I think the trunk hood hit the stroller inside the trunk and ever since then I notice this "double click" every time I close/locking the trunk. Not sure if they is normal sound of trunk closing.

Overall I love the car and have no regrets on purchase. I hope to see more improvements from Lucid, listening to the customer base (DA said Lucid has people monitoring the forum), and have high hopes in the companies future.
Suggestions:
*Offering glass top option for Pure.
*Brand awareness and marketing maybe to a younger customer base? , I know lot of people still have never heard of Lucid. I think the sheath edition will gain more eyes and interests.
*Somehow getting to more affordable price point.
The closing double click is pretty standard, even my F-Pace Jaguar trunk closes with a classic double click. Congratulations!

Good write up. The car drives fantastic. they really put a lot of thought and proper engineering into it. Software still needs some inprovement, but that is easily fixed. The hardware is the hard part and they nailed that portion.

One issue I found was the A-pillar blindspot. But that is there for the low profile of the car. Loks very low and sporty!

Just wonder if they will make the 7.5k extend rest of the year and expand to all cars. They should be proactive and do it now instead of dragging feet.

Good write up. The car drives fantastic. they really put a lot of thought and proper engineering into it. Software still needs some inprovement, but that is easily fixed. The hardware is the hard part and they nailed that portion.

One issue I found was the A-pillar blindspot. But that is there for the low profile of the car. Loks very low and sporty!

Just wonder if they will make the 7.5k extend rest of the year and expand to all cars. They should be proactive and do it now instead of dragging feet.
Probably will before q2.

Back