Cracking noise while charging

LucidnotTesla

Cars
Lucid Air Grand Touring
since today I can hear a weird cracking sound every 15 seconds while using my level 2 Licid charger in my garage
Should

please take a video

Noise is never good with HV electricity. CAN YOU ISOLATE the location of the noise? Is it the wall charging equipment? The distribution panel? or the Lucid - and where on the Lucid.

WE NEED A LOT MORE INFO. Describe your entire set up, age and condition/ Does it take awhile charging for this to happen? A cracking noise can indicate a huge build up of impedance. Make sure all connections are clean and tight. Reset the breaker.

1. ARE YOU USING A NEW HIGH QUALITY 240v wall outlet or plugging into a 10 year old drying outlet wired by handman?
2. How about the wiring to the outlet where you plug the Lucid cord into? Age? Quality of wiring? Perhaps ALU? Breakers DO WEAR OUT
3. A photo of your electric mains set up would be great.
4. If I were to guess, totally off the wall, there is an impedance resistance issue SOMEWHERE between your main panel and the Lucid charging cord. I have seen BAD receptacles do strange shit as they disintegrate.

Noise is never good with HV electricity. CAN YOU ISOLATE the location of the noise? Is it the wall charging equipment? The distribution panel? or the Lucid - and where on the Lucid.

WE NEED A LOT MORE INFO. Describe your entire set up, age and condition/ Does it take awhile charging for this to happen? A cracking noise can indicate a huge build up of impedance. Make sure all connections are clean and tight. Reset the breaker.

1. ARE YOU USING A NEW HIGH QUALITY 240v wall outlet or plugging into a 10 year old drying outlet wired by handman?
2. How about the wiring to the outlet where you plug the Lucid cord into? Age? Quality of wiring? Perhaps ALU? Breakers DO WEAR OUT
4. If I were to guess, totally off the wall, there is an impedance resistance issue SOMEWHERE between your main panel and the Lucid charging cord. I have seen BAD receptacles do strange shit as they disintegrate.
I don't know if its just me, but if I wasn't a techie and was a EV newbie, what you said would probably fry my brain 🤣

Could it just be the cooling fans having some debris in them? Is that even possible?

I don't know if its just me, but if I wasn't a techie and was a EV newbie, what you said would probably fry my brain 🤣

Could it just be the cooling fans having some debris in them? Is that even possible?
Nope. I saw a disassembled Air in our local shop last week. Entire front end exposed. All the cooling fans have radiators in front of them. And debris noise would not Cycle on and off. Never underestimate the effect of corrosion or loose connections passing high amperage. Unintentional arc welding.

I noticed the same noise today with my car in the driveway , it is coming from the front, the fan was on and the car was not plugged this time, the sound is every 10-15 seconds,
I have a brnad new Lucid charger box directly wired , done by electricien 1 month ago

Very short video but you will hear the noise 3 times, this says today my car was awake because I had the keyFab in my pocket and the fan was working and I could hear the same noise,Should I worry?
That sounds like plastic creaking. It's not normal. Sounds like something could be expanding and the plastic support is creaking. Or a coolant or air valve is moving, with inference. Having just seen one apart, there is a ton of molded plastic in the front end holding everything together.

Not normal. I would let service address.

That sounds like plastic creaking. It's not normal. Sounds like something could be expanding and the plastic support is creaking. Or a coolant or air valve is moving, with inference. Having just seen one apart, there is a ton of molded plastic in the front end holding everything together.

Not normal. I would let service address.
thank you for opinion, I will let the group know when I find out more

I noticed the same noise today with my car in the driveway , it is coming from the front, the fan was on and the car was not plugged this time, the sound is every 10-15 seconds,
I have a brnad new Lucid charger box directly wired , done by electricien 1 month ago

Well, certainly not charging related electrical. The fact that it is cyclical makes me, in my worthless personal opinion, think it's something opening and closing or rotating, that's binding or loose or interfering with something.

Jokingly, it sounds like the runners on an old rocking chair. Molded heavy duty plastic supports, if not properly torqued or broken, will make similar noise - due to vibration or movement.

Tell us what they find.

Back