Considering Paint protection film (PPF)

My guy says he will use this template. I saw this same one posted here above as well. Hmmm not sure what to do now.
It is time to find another detailer who feel comfortable in using just one large sheet. It has been done on other Lucid Airs and the result depends on the skill of the detailer. I would not feel comfortable rel

My guy says he will use this template. I saw this same one posted here above as well. Hmmm not sure what to do now.
It is time to find another detailer who feel comfortable in using just one large sheet. It has been done on other Lucid Airs and the result depends on the skill of the detailer. I would not feel comfortable relying on someone who will be using this template that has seams built into it. That is just my opinion.

Does anyone have a recommendation for a good PPF detailer in South Florida?
I used John at Palm Beach Clear Bra in Palm Beach Gardens for XPEL for front and mirrors and full ceramic coating. They did a really good job. Lucid service center at Riviera Beach also knows them. I was his first Lucid. I think he did two more right after mine. 561-281-7325.

The Price and Service are key. I was quoted 3895 plus tax for a full body PPF in the Dallas area and then the other guy wants 7700 (rip off). They know you have more money than what to do with. The second guy was closer and Inworked a deal with him for Front PPF and rest Graphene.

The guy drives a SLS550 so guess why he charges 7700.

The First guy though has already done a Lucid Air Front PPF. I have emailed that gentleman for reference and if he says the job was good I will get the rest done from the first guy. I can live with a decent job for the doors and back. Can’t be too difficult to do the doors.

Frankly, while having a good reference helps, I see this as luck of the draw. There are probably several installers with varying degrees of expertise and even the best one may have a bad day.
I recently had some work done at a shop that 2 forum members entrusted their Lucids with, and my experience was not good.

• Angry
Reactions: DJL
Frankly, while having a good reference helps, I see this as luck of the draw. There are probably several installers with varying degrees of expertise and even the best one may have a bad day.
I recently had some work done at a shop that 2 forum members entrusted their Lucids with, and my experience was not good.
Do tell...

Do tell...
One week after the installation of DYNOshield windshield film on a 2-piece sunroof, I hand washed the car and found chipping on one corner of the sunroof. The car had been parked in the garage in the interim.
Don’t know what happened. One possibility is that someone may have done the cutting of the film using the sunroof as a template and in the process chipped the corner. Should have inspected the car more carefully. Lesson learned.
The irony here is I got the film to protect the sunroof from getting chipped.

I tried getting a tint quote from one of those referenced companies, but the response about doing a Lucid was that it was a pain to deal with. The quote was over 2x what it should be, sort of wondering if it the same company.

I tried getting a tint quote from one of those referenced companies, but the response about doing a Lucid was that it was a pain to deal with. The quote was over 2x what it should be, sort of wondering if it the same company.
I actually don't know what their quote would be for tinting. This shop only did the sunroof for me.

I’m having PPF applied to my car and had a question for anyone that’s had their car done. Did the Air emblem on the the rear deck come off without issue?

I’m having PPF applied to my car and had a question for anyone that’s had their car done. Did the Air emblem on the the rear deck come off without issue?
Yes, but putting it back on is a pain, so most of us bought new emblems.

The Price and Service are key. I was quoted 3895 plus tax for a full body PPF in the Dallas area and then the other guy wants 7700 (rip off). They know you have more money than what to do with. The second guy was closer and Inworked a deal with him for Front PPF and rest Graphene.

The First guy though has already done a Lucid Air Front PPF. I have emailed that gentleman for reference and if he says the job was good I will get the rest done from the first guy. I can live with a decent job for the doors and back. Can’t be too difficult to do the doors.
Hi
You said your quote was $3895. What exact PPF brand and product do you get on your full car?

Was it Xpel ultimate plus ? Did that include ceramic coating afterwards or was it the new Xpel ultimate fusion ?

Hi
You said your quote was $3895. What exact PPF brand and product do you get on your full car?

Was it Xpel ultimate plus ? Did that include ceramic coating afterwards or was it the new Xpel ultimate fusion ?
This was Stek Dynoshield which already has the coating on the film.

Question about ceramic coating:

I am going to have PPL applied when I receive my touring. Its the first time I've done this but considering the shape of the Lucid and the cost I want to protect it. I also intend to ceramic coat the exterior. They offer ceramic coating of the interior and I was considering that as well since my interior will be Santa Cruz. Does the ceramic coating change the appearance in any way? Add a sheen? Does it change texture? Make the seats more slick? Is it bad for leather since leather is normally porous ? Thoughts?

I am going to have PPL applied when I receive my touring. Its the first time I've done this but considering the shape of the Lucid and the cost I want to protect it. I also intend to ceramic coat the exterior. They offer ceramic coating of the interior and I was considering that as well since my interior will be Santa Cruz. Does the ceramic coating change the appearance in any way? Add a sheen? Does it change texture? Make the seats more slick? Is it bad for leather since leather is normally porous ? Thoughts?
Waste of money doing the ceramic inside the car. Even my detailer told me not to bother.

I'd like to know the answers to these questions as well.

Waste of money doing the ceramic inside the car. Even my detailer told me not to bother.
Basically I want to protect the interior. Any other methods you might suggest? Scotchguard carpets? Anything beyond that for other surfaces?

Basically I want to protect the interior. Any other methods you might suggest? Scotchguard carpets? Anything beyond that for other surfaces?
Very thin seat protectors, it'll protect against stains, drops, and friction tearing

If you don't mind sharing, who in the Dallas area did you end up going with for your PPF? What was the price and most importantly we you happy with the results?

Back