Considering Paint protection film (PPF)

Just Black and Gold colors available for now. I'm sure they'll have the full range this year. https://drcolorchip.com/product/road-rash-kit/
I sent Dr Colorchip an email today asking if they could get Cosmos Silver, code L203, which was not on their website. Within 30 minutes they came back via email saying they had added that color to their website. Easy Peasy.

If you're picking up your car in FL RUN, do not walk, to Ironclad Paint Protection 3/4 mile from the Lucid's Riviera Beach location. Mario does great work & overwhelms you with his service. I am delighted I found him. I think you'll find several other positive recommendations from other Lucid owners on this site..

I'd like to know the answers to these questions as well.
PPF full front with ceramic coating of the entire exterior. I used Scotch Guard on the the carpets and mats.

Attachments

• Air-1a.jpg
    Air-1a.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 112
  • Air-5a.jpg
    Air-5a.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 114
  • Air-10.jpg
    Air-10.jpg
    8.5 MB · Views: 113
I sent Dr Colorchip an email today asking if they could get Cosmos Silver, code L203, which was not on their website. Within 30 minutes they came back via email saying they had added that color to their website. Easy Peasy.
Can you do the same for Zenith Red L304 please?

Also any guides or tips on touching up yourself, or prefer to take it to a shop/expert?

When I tried looking I clicked Lucid and did "all models" didn't see Zenith Red
look under 'Air' rather than all models

My installer told me today that the film wouldn't stick to the black door trim pieces. Wondering if anyone here has been able to do that?
Thanks.

My installer told me today that the film wouldn't stick to the black door trim pieces. Wondering if anyone here has been able to do that?
Thanks.
My car is still in the shop getting PPF and ceramic coating. Will be ready for pick up tomorrow. However, I stopped by for a progress report and the installer did not mention any issues sticking the film to the black trim pieces nor did I see any issues during my walkthrough.

My car is still in the shop getting PPF and ceramic coating. Will be ready for pick up tomorrow. However, I stopped by for a progress report and the installer did not mention any issues sticking the film to the black trim pieces nor did I see any issues during my walkthrough.
Well, not good for me to hear. This shop is supposed to be top tier and many folks on the forum, including one of the moderators, had their PPF done there.

Thanks.
It does; my installer warned me of the same, but I had him try it anyway, and it sticks fine.

It does; my installer warned me of the same, but I had him try it anyway, and it sticks fine.
Thanks,.
Another member of the forum had his car done with this same installer and told me that he did get the ppf on these trim pieces.
However, the guy swore to me that he never did it because of the textured surface.
Well, kind of a bad break for me because I now have to bring the car to another shop for these trim pieces .
By the way, this guy also did not want to ppf the chrome piece on the hood.

Thanks,.
Another member of the forum had his car done with this same installer and told me that he did get the ppf on these trim pieces.
However, the guy swore to me that he never did it because of the textured surface.
Well, kind of a bad break for me because I now have to bring the car to another shop for these trim pieces .
By the way, this guy also did not want to ppf the chrome piece on the hood.
Sign of a bad installer, I guess. Mine was willing to try, and warned me it might fail. He got it all solid though, and it never failed.

I had another tint guy who refused to do the windshield because it terrified him. OCDetailing is more than happy to do it, because they will try a dozen times until they get it right, and if they fail they'll eat the cost. Now they're pros.

Thanks.
Mine didn't mention that, and he did the black trim pieces fine

@EVCar actually means the rocker panels and the bottom, not the gloss black trim pieces.
Yeah, that's what I was referring to

My detailer had no issues with the rocker panels at the bottom, but at first was not sure if the PPF would cover it, but didn't mention anything about it not sticking, he just wasn't sure if it was included or not in the order, but tried anyways, and it worked great

Sign of a bad installer, I guess. Mine was willing to try, and warned me it might fail. He got it all solid though, and it never failed.

I had another tint guy who refused to do the windshield because it terrified him. OCDetailing is more than happy to do it, because they will try a dozen times until they get it right, and if they fail they'll eat the cost. Now they're pros.
Has anyone put the windshield protectors on? It's like a screen protector but for the windshield? Does it mess with any sensors? It goes on the exterior of the windshield. I am curious if it messed up auto wipers or any sensors

Has anyone put the windshield protectors on? It's like a screen protector but for the windshield? Does it mess with any sensors? It goes on the exterior of the windshield. I am curious if it messed up auto wipers or any sensors
I believe that @Director did his windshield. Hopefully he can comment.

Hello ALL!!
My name is Mario Culpepper. Owner of Ironclad Paint Protection & Coatings.

I made a post for you all showing expectations and differences in materials etc.

I have personally installed films such as Suntek, KAVACA, LLumar, XPEL, STEK, Premium Shield, Prestige film technologies, & 3M over the span of my career.
The best thing i always tell people is that aside from the warranties which are important. The best film is the film your installer is most comfortable with!!! always make sure you have seen thier work with any brand of film they have provided.

HERE IS THE LINK FOR THE POST. HOPE IT HELPS!!

Lucid Quality & Expectations

If you have any questions please feel free to contact us

Ironclad Paint Protection & Coatings
561.231.0589 / [email protected]

Ironclad Paint Protection & Coatings

Yeah, that's what I was referring to

My detailer had no issues with the rocker panels at the bottom, but at first was not sure if the PPF would cover it, but didn't mention anything about it not sticking, he just wasn't sure if it was included or not in the order, but tried anyways, and it worked great
Your installer used Expel? 8 or 10 mm?

Back