Complete car

niejelow

Cars
Lucid Air Dream P
DE Number
I have been relatively patient with the software updates. But this spoon feeding method is beginning to wear thin. We all paid full price with all the options for Air Dream P. Still this is a roll out at the present time. Truly a disappointment. Last night 1.1.36 was pushed. So initiated it with app. Download began. Stayed at 0 and then message comes up update completed. Da? Went to the car looked at the UI which stated 1.1.2 then scrolled down and says that I am at 1.1.36. This is just poor code writing with poor testing. This is really frustrating.

It appears that whenever you initiate via the phone, the update gets complete, but does not update on the pilot panel, whereas if you update via the pilot panel it updates properly. Several posters here have confirmed that when updating via the phone, the update does install correctly, even though the pilot screen does not show the proper update. They only know, including myself, by reaching out to customer service who verifies the firmware version and that it is just a display error. They have also told me they are aware of the problem and it will be fixed in a future OTA, lol

I too am getting really frustrated. I’m in month 3 with #38, and still don’t even have cruise control, let alone lane assist. The rep working with me tries to get info, but I think HQ is reluctant to give a timeline. Where is my dreamdrive for which I paid $170,000?

It appears that whenever you initiate via the phone, the update gets complete, but does not update on the pilot panel, whereas if you update via the pilot panel it updates properly. Several posters here have confirmed that when updating via the phone, the update does install correctly, even though the pilot screen does not show the proper update. They only know, including myself, by reaching out to customer service who verifies the firmware version and that it is just a display error. They have also told me they are aware of the problem and it will be fixed in a future OTA, lol
I can appreciate problems. But let’s say you bought for example a new iPhone and your constantly having problems trying to be resolved by updates. Based on the iPhone audience the outcry would be huge it’s only there are roughly 500 of us and the outcry is minuscule.

I am not okay with the problems, but it is what it is as this point, just updating the board on what I was told by Lucid regarding this issue.

Love the Piaggio in your avatar, great cabin, great speed and great fuel economy. The sound of the engines makes it very easy to identify as well.

Sorry for being off-topic...

I would wait to see what Peter has to say on the earnings call. If he mentions the rough patch and gives an update on where things are at then people may be more accepting of the issues. If he says nothing and pretends everything is great then reach out to Wall Street Journal who seems to be interested in running a story about the poor communication.

PM me if you want the reporters phone number and email

Love the Piaggio in your avatar, great cabin, great speed and great fuel economy. The sound of the engines makes it very easy to identify as well.

Sorry for being off-topic...
I love it. Covers a lot Ktm quickly and will land on a postage stamp. Keen eye you have

My concern over these software problems is that they do not drive anything new or innovative. Software for cruise control, over the air updates, connection to traffic maps and music have been written for years now and are common. Someone dropped the ball in this area and customers should be upset. The excuse that this is a whole new vehicle does not hold water. The software to run common items is not new.

I would wait to see what Peter has to say on the earnings call. If he mentions the rough patch and gives an update on where things are at then people may be more accepting of the issues. If he says nothing and pretends everything is great then reach out to Wall Street Journal who seems to be interested in running a story about the poor communication.

I don’t see the sense of it. We are just shooting ourself in the foot.

My concern over these software problems is that they do not drive anything new or innovative. Software for cruise control, over the air updates, connection to traffic maps and music have been written for years now and are common. Someone dropped the ball in this area and customers should be upset. The excuse that this is a whole new vehicle does not hold water. The software to run common items is not new.
Completely agree

The Piaggio is such a distinctive look. We called it the "catfish". We owned a Piaggio several years ago and traded it for a Falcon, now doing the fractional thing. I think the Piaggio was my favorite overall given the cost and capabilities.

The Piaggio is such a distinctive look. We called it the "catfish". We owned a Piaggio several years ago and traded it for a Falcon, now doing the fractional thing. I think the Piaggio was my favorite overall given the cost and capabilities.
I actually like it more than our G5; easier to get around

Does anyone here have insight into what it takes to get some of this stuff approved? Someone mentioned that it wasn't approved yet by the NHTSA..

1643818557675.jpeg

Btw, I randomly happened to notice a few weeks ago that the WSJ automotive reporter had joined this forum :).

Back