Climate Control set to Auto

STLLucid

Cars
Air Grand Touring
I have found when I have my climate control set to auto, there is very little change int he fan speed when I change from a low temperature (68 degrees) to a high temperature (high 70's). In all my other cars, the fan speed will adjust to try and deliver the right heating/cooling to achieve the set point. In my Lucid, the fan setting will go from 2 to 3. I don't find the auto setting very helpful and have to adjust everything manually.

I have found when I have my climate control set to auto, there is very little change int he fan speed when I change from a low temperature (68 degrees) to a high temperature (high 70's). In all my other cars, the fan speed will adjust to try and deliver the right heating/cooling to achieve the set point. In my Lucid, the fan setting will go from 2 to 3. I don't find the auto setting very helpful and have to adjust everything manually.
Well, the good news is they gave you an easily accessible fan button.

Mine behaves exactly as you describe. Interestingly, when I set the temp via remote climate control on the app., the fan speed behaves more as I’d expect.

As Bobby pointed out, glad the fan button is easily accessible.

Mine behaves exactly as you describe. Interestingly, when I set the temp via remote climate control on the app., the fan speed behaves more as I’d expect.

As Bobby pointed out, glad the fan button is easily accessible.
You also cannot save the AC settings to your preferences. It starts where you left it when you turned your Car off.

I agree this is a problem. But it’s on page 32 of things I’d like to see Lucid address in the near future.

I have noticed this also.

I think it is actually a feature. Some folks like the quiet of a low fan speed but need more heat/AC; others want the immediate heat/AC and don't care about internal noise. So setting the fan speed within the auto setting enables that.

I think it is actually a feature. Some folks like the quiet of a low fan speed but need more heat/AC; others want the immediate heat/AC and don't care about internal noise. So setting the fan speed within the auto setting enables that.
As i have said many times here, to me luxury is about choice. I hope as Lucid’s software improves, we get more settings and options. For example, in the I Pace, I can set the “auto” temp to Soft, Balanced, or Powerful. It’s little touches like this that legacy automakers have learned over time.

I will try setting it on the app to sustain the desired auto temperature level.

As the temperature has dropped into the 20s the car cannot maintain 72 degrees in the front footwells so I have had to increase the temperature to 76+. The fan sound can get a bit intrusive above 4. Also, the windows have intermittently/randomly tended to fog up for no apparent reason after driving with clear windows and the heat set at a comfortable temperature, requiring me to engage the windshield and rear window defrosters and increase the fan speed. The fogging has occurred when ambient conditions are clear and dry, which to me makes the fogging inexplicable. I trust that the SW can eventually be adjusted to address these issues and maintain the desired cabin temperature.

Well, the good news is they gave you an easily accessible fan button.

The problem is that when you use the toggle switch to change fan speed, it takes the A/C out of Auto mode. But when you change the temperature with the toggle switch, the A/C remains in Auto mode . . . perhaps because Lucid assumes you want a temp change to hold but want a fan speed change to be temporary?

As the temperature has dropped into the 20s the car cannot maintain 72 degrees in the front footwells so I have had to increase the temperature to 76+. The fan sound can get a bit intrusive above 4. Also, the windows have intermittently/randomly tended to fog up for no apparent reason after driving with clear windows and the heat set at a comfortable temperature, requiring me to engage the windshield and rear window defrosters and increase the fan speed. The fogging has occurred when ambient conditions are clear and dry, which to me makes the fogging inexplicable. I trust that the SW can eventually be adjusted to address these issues and maintain the desired cabin temperature.
If you’re getting fogging, have you ensured you’re not in recirculate mode? That can be an issue with any car.

I will try setting it on the app to sustain the desired auto temperature level.

Yeah, I've been getting fogging too...my wife commented that it was strange as it didn't make sense for it to be occuring with the weather conditions at the time.

I'm in 15-20 degrees, no fogging unless I do recirculate..
For the rear, sometimes. I have to activate it. It happens less if I enable rear climate control manually. But for those who drive with HVAC off, it can cause fogging

If you’re getting fogging, have you ensured you’re not in recirculate mode? That can be an issue with any car.
Thank you. I am cognizant of the recirculate function that causes interior window fogging. I have not activated the recirculate setting and maintained the circulation mode since delivery but I still get intermittent interior fogging. Yesterday in 40-degree temperatures driving through the mountains in VT (Rt 8 and RT9) where visibility at night intermittently went from a couple of hundred yards to ten feet for 40 miles the windows fogged up despite selecting the three fan buttons on the HVAC panel and Sync. (The upper button is the windshield defrost button.) I had to keep separately selecting the windshield defrost button to clear the fogged windows, which is unlike any other car that I have had. Aside from that inconvenience, the car was brilliant and very confidence-inspiring on the narrow 50 mph roads in heavy fog. Of course, I also had to keep the rear window/exterior morrow defrosters on in those conditions.

I would appreciate others' perspectives on HVAC settings that I can set that will not change but will maintain a constant cabin temperature front and rear as well as send enough warm air to keep the interior windows clear of fog.

My fogging happened at around 45 degrees on a rainy day, which makes sense. I didn't get it when it was colder or warmer.

I've also realized the issue where noticed it feels drafty and cool on the auto setting, even with rear controls on, but was definitely better when I increased the fan speed +2.

Thank you. I am cognizant of the recirculate function that causes interior window fogging. I have not activated the recirculate setting and maintained the circulation mode since delivery but I still get intermittent interior fogging. Yesterday in 40-degree temperatures driving through the mountains in VT (Rt 8 and RT9) where visibility at night intermittently went from a couple of hundred yards to ten feet for 40 miles the windows fogged up despite selecting the three fan buttons on the HVAC panel and Sync. (The upper button is the windshield defrost button.) I had to keep separately selecting the windshield defrost button to clear the fogged windows, which is unlike any other car that I have had. Aside from that inconvenience, the car was brilliant and very confidence-inspiring on the narrow 50 mph roads in heavy fog. Of course, I also had to keep the rear window/exterior morrow defrosters on in those conditions.

I would appreciate others' perspectives on HVAC settings that I can set that will not change but will maintain a constant cabin temperature front and rear as well as send enough warm air to keep the interior windows clear of fog.
Yeah I’ve had the fog randomness as you describe happen as well. What confuses me is that it will appear suddenly and also disappears quickly when you enable defrost. It’s like the system has a cycle mode that suddenly stops removing cool air from the vehicle (it’s a heat pump, right, so it’s not adding desired temperature so much as removing undesired temperature?). I’ve also noticed if you preheat the car from the app, well that works fantastic! It heats way quicker than the Mercedes did, and also the fans run much harder. But then once you get in and drive for a bit and the car has decided it’s reached the set temperature, then the weird auto mode kicks in where the fan drops very low and the footwells get cold. It’s a finicky system. I still love the crap out of the car but I think the HVAC has some room for needed tweaks via OTA as you say. I love the drive on route 9 in Vermont by the way. I went to Bennington for undergrad so I know those roads well.

Thank you for bringing this up. It’s been driving me nuts.

I actually met with mobile service yesterday in the issue as I was close by their shop. He wasn’t sure what the behavior should be but said he’d look into it. I will post back any useful information.

I personally think it’s a bug because the behavior is different for cooling. If you lower the temp, the fan speed automatically increases for cooling. So it should do the same for heat. All the other fan noise and auto considerations should be the same for heat and cool.

The point of an auto temp setting is to automatically get the cabin temp to that setting.

The other thing that’s bizarre is that the auto setting will direct the air down (and sometimes up) while keeping that ridiculously low fan speed. Which means you basically get nothing out of the vents since it’s split 2 or 3 ways.

And similar to the manual fan speed change, if you change it main vents only, it takes the whole system out of auto mode.

Definitely a bug. It seems to work normally if you set the temp. via the Remote Climate in the app.. I was just reminded of this behavior this morning when I got into a somewhat chilly car around 6AM. Set heat to 78, but fan speed remained at a very low level at all times. After about 10 minutes, I got tired of waiting for the cabin to warm and cranked up the fan speed manually. Hopefully a future software update will correct.

Definitely a bug. It seems to work normally if you set the temp. via the Remote Climate in the app.. I was just reminded of this behavior this morning when I got into a somewhat chilly car around 6AM. Set heat to 78, but fan speed remained at a very low level at all times. After about 10 minutes, I got tired of waiting for the cabin to warm and cranked up the fan speed manually. Hopefully a future software update will correct.
Agree.

Back