Charging Station

Can anyone take a picture after a charge to show how fast that beast charge?

I just had a 60 amp circuit with 110-120 feet of wire installed for $2150. Two guys, five hours of labor.

I can't see the cost of the thicker wire for a 100 amp circuit costing that much more.

He'll need 3 compression lugs to fit a 1/4" screw. Ethernet grommet isn't needed if you are using WiFi. Bottom conduit entry is best.
I plan to do all of the install work before I call the electrician. I have standard studs in garage wall so I plan to remove 5/8 drywall and install 3/4 inch plywood panel flush with the studs and drywall over. This way I have a solid mount for 4-screw install. I want to do all the work I can before electrician arrives because they don't do carpentry.

My question is the lugs... I see I need a special crimping tool for the lugs on a 100 amp copper line and not sure what size lugs I need.

Also, I plan to flush-mount on the garage drywall. What kind of grommet / conduit should I look for ? The 100 amp line comes up from behind the wall. The cable does not want to do a 90 ... should I come out below and go into the bottom? Ah ... I see that is the way.

also @DeaneG thanks for your posts

I just had a 60 amp circuit with 110-120 feet of wire installed for $2150. Two guys, five hours of labor.

I can't see the cost of the thicker wire for a 100 amp circuit costing that much more.
We paid the same, but mine isn’t 110~120 feet, more like 30~40 feet going on the ceiling.

I plan to do all of the install work before I call the electrician. I have standard studs in garage wall so I plan to remove 5/8 drywall and install 3/4 inch plywood panel flush with the studs and drywall over. This way I have a solid mount for 4-screw install. I want to do all the work I can before electrician arrives because they don't do carpentry.

My question is the lugs... I see I need a special crimping tool for the lugs on a 100 amp copper line and not sure what size lugs I need.

Also, I plan to flush-mount on the garage drywall. What kind of grommet / conduit should I look for ? The 100 amp line comes up from behind the wall. The cable does not want to do a 90 ... should I come out below and go into the bottom? Ah ... I see that is the way.

also @DeaneG thanks for your posts
The electrician should supply the lugs and have the correct crimping tool and die set if he's done this kind of work before. He'd also be the one to final-mount the charging station at the right height to allow room for a 90 degree pull box just underneath the unit where the cable comes out from the wall and has to turn to go into the changing station.

We paid the same, but mine isn’t 110~120 feet, more like 30~40 feet going on the ceiling.
I have cancelled with Qmerit and going with my electrician who did my house wiring. He has quoted $3K for installing (labor and materials). I have decided to go with him. He is coming this Saturday to install.

Getting that Lucid home charging station installed on Monday - $500 is quite reasonable since the location is inside the garage just on the other side of the electrical panel. Estimates ranged from $500 to $1200.

Getting that Lucid home charging station installed on Monday - $500 is quite reasonable since the location is inside the garage just on the other side of the electrical panel. Estimates ranged from $500 to $1200.

I am going to hold off ordering until they release the transfer switch and communication requirements for V2H.

ChargePoint Home Flex installed today. Changed 60 amp sub panel breaker to 100 amp. Run new 6 gauge wire a short distance through unfinished attic from main panel to sub panel in garage. New 60 amp breaker installed in sub panel dedicated to ChargePoint. Two guys, about 5.5 hours work, $2,300.

Attachments

• IMG_3129-2.jpeg
    IMG_3129-2.jpeg
    105.1 KB · Views: 76
ChargePoint Home Flex installed today. Changed 60 amp sub panel breaker to 100 amp. Run new 6 gauge wire a short distance through unfinished attic from main panel to sub panel in garage. New 60 amp breaker installed in sub panel dedicated to ChargePoint. Two guys, about 5.5 hours work, $2,300.
6 gauge wire to supply a 100 amp sub panel? Not 2 gauge or 1 gauge?

6 gauge wire to supply a 100 amp sub panel? Not 2 gauge or 1 gauge?
This stuff is new to me and I may not be describing it properly. I had a 60 amp sub panel in the garage that runs a few lights off 15 amp breakers. Nothing changed with that. They installed a new 60 amp breaker in the sub panel, with new wiring for that breaker only. Added pictures.

Edit: Looking over my original post I did describe wrong. The change from 60 amp to 100 amp breaker was in the main panel, not the sub panel.

Attachments

• 420EF012-2BC9-43A4-926D-BE20EDFD1593.jpeg
    420EF012-2BC9-43A4-926D-BE20EDFD1593.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 66
  • 38AA3691-9C6F-47F6-960C-F2F203C281F7.jpeg
    38AA3691-9C6F-47F6-960C-F2F203C281F7.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 72
Last edited:
Yes #6 is way too small
I may have misunderstood the gauge. I’ll check with them again. I have attached a couple pictures. They do EVSE installs all the time so it’s likely any error is on my end describing the work.

Attachments

• 1B637EC2-F67C-4EC2-BFD8-DB402E3556EE.jpeg
    1B637EC2-F67C-4EC2-BFD8-DB402E3556EE.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 85
  • 77627D85-EA80-4AE3-9043-8B0B80D9ACE8.jpeg
    77627D85-EA80-4AE3-9043-8B0B80D9ACE8.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 74
I'm glad I ordered the charging station right away. I see they are now back ordered to Dec 15th. Mine was shipped from the Dallas metroplex so it arrived in one day!

I may have misunderstood the gauge. I’ll check with them again. I have attached a couple pictures. They do EVSE installs all the time so it’s likely any error is on my end describing the work.
Yes, definately more than 6 likely 2. On the wire, it says CU (for copper) and then 600 V. Its smudged out but likely say #2 AWG. Its marked every so often along the wire. Im sure youre ok electricians seldom make awg mistakes.

All, does lucid home charging station have Rj-45 jack for ethernet connection?

Thanks. Do you know where it is. My electrician said there is no jack for it in the unit. I checked the manual and couldn't see it too.
There is a rubber grommet, so I assume it’s behind that

Back